Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My dad has an 08 I think crew cab 2wd with the auto and bigger six cylinder. It’s his run around beater ride, hail damage rig he got cheap because of the dents. It’s been a good little buggy.

He had to have some fix done to the shift linkage at about 180k that’s apparently a known defect, cost him about $250 at the local transmission shop. An alternator at 200k, $400 bucks and the local starter and alternator guy said they aren’t cost effective to rebuild. And a fuel pump last week at 245k. Otherwise it’s been tires and oil changes. Really not bad considering the mileage and the price of the required repairs.

He’s been scheming on a new one but can’t really justify it since it’s just his bomb around rig. If he does decide to replace the current one I’m sure he’ll be looking at Nissan.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BIGR
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I love my 2010 Frontier. It is not possible that the Tacoma is any better. 87,000 miles and no problems. You need to haul 1,500 pounds of gravel, this truck has done it 25 times. This in a half-ton truck. Real good for firewood too.

Took the girlfriend on a 5,000 mile trip out to Yellowstone in the Jap truck, she says the Frontier is more comfortable than her Lexus.

I just installed the studded tires last week, this truck owns the mountains in the ice and snow.

Looks like your truck is sitting just below the Redmon Dam along the French Broad River?

grin

WTF? I mean WTF?? How in the world did you know that?

Thats that sloping Redmon Bridge in the background.....
laugh

Do you live on Bear Creek Rd?

No I don't live on Bear Creek Road, but somewhere around SEPT. 1990 or 1991, I camped right there near where your truck is. Fished that river a few times also. I can drive those roads almost blindfolded, back in the day I traveled Little Pine, Pa Paw, all those roads, very familiar with the area. Use to short cut up Bear Creek to SR1001 when I was going to Haywood CO.

You have one hell of a memory. I live one mile away from that photo location.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I love my 2010 Frontier. It is not possible that the Tacoma is any better. 87,000 miles and no problems. You need to haul 1,500 pounds of gravel, this truck has done it 25 times. This in a half-ton truck. Real good for firewood too.

Took the girlfriend on a 5,000 mile trip out to Yellowstone in the Jap truck, she says the Frontier is more comfortable than her Lexus.

I just installed the studded tires last week, this truck owns the mountains in the ice and snow.

Looks like your truck is sitting just below the Redmon Dam along the French Broad River?

grin

WTF? I mean WTF?? How in the world did you know that?

Thats that sloping Redmon Bridge in the background.....
laugh

Do you live on Bear Creek Rd?

No I don't live on Bear Creek Road, but somewhere around SEPT. 1990 or 1991, I camped right there near where your truck is. Fished that river a few times also. I can drive those roads almost blindfolded, back in the day I traveled Little Pine, Pa Paw, all those roads, very familiar with the area. Use to short cut up Bear Creek to SR1001 when I was going to Haywood CO.

You have one hell of a memory. I live one mile away from that photo location.

I know the area well, for what its worth I am a Native as they say, lived there (Bloody Madison) all my life. Never left the area, wouldn't move anywhere else, this has been paradise, just hoping a bunch of liberal imports don't screw it up. They are moving in by the droves.

NEVER GIVE UP
O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Here's a 5,000 mile update on my 2023 Nissan Frontier. No problems. The ride is smooth and quiet, plenty of leg room. My best mileage is a little over 25 mpg and my towing mileage is around 15 mpg. LED headlamps and fog lights are outstanding which allow for worry free driving at night. I'm taking it in for its first service tomorrow and we'll see if there are any recalls or service notices issued on it. Stay tuned...

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Here's a 5,000 mile update on my 2023 Nissan Frontier. No problems. The ride is smooth and quiet, plenty of leg room. My best mileage is a little over 25 mpg and my towing mileage is around 15 mpg. LED headlamps and fog lights are outstanding which allow for worry free driving at night. I'm taking it in for its first service tomorrow and we'll see if there are any recalls or service notices issued on it. Stay tuned...
Excellent, post a pic or two if you find the time.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think they are pretty decent, but cost nearly the same ad a Tacoma and dont have as good a resale value, and not sure how good they are on maintenance. But generally not a bad truck.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Five-thousand miles and gonna check for any recalls....

laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought a 23 Frontier Pro4X crew cab at the end of January. Since I've only had it a month or five weeks, there's nothing bad to report. Nice little pickup. Grandkids are getting old enough to ride in the back seats without car seats, so it was time to trade off the '16 King Cab and get a people hauler. My "best mileage" so far has been a computed 26.2 MPG which I do NOT believe in the slightest. Not with 310 HP, anyway.
It rides a lot better than my '16 Frontier, or my wife's RAV4, for that matter. I haven't had to use the 4WD yet, so I can't comment on that. Runs good, got more creature features than I know how to use, and I like it better than the Tacomas.
I'm not responsible for other's feelings or impressions, if you like Toyotas better, more power to you. I've had six Nissans now, and have been happy with all of them. No real issues. Good enough for me.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are they using the same V6 in this latest generation as they did in the previous? That engine is known to be an extremely good one. 200K miles is a yawn and many make it to 300K and beyond.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Are they running the Mercedes 9-speed transmission in frontiers now? Pathfinder got a Zf I think.
Anything but a JATCO.

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I had a 2016 frontier, nice little grocery getter.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nissan makes great trucks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nissan makes great trucks.

FJB & FJT
O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by add
Five-thousand miles and gonna check for any recalls....

laugh
GFY
grin

O
OSU_Sig Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Are they using the same V6 in this latest generation as they did in the previous? That engine is known to be an extremely good one. 200K miles is a yawn and many make it to 300K and beyond.
I know it's a 9 speed but am not aware of who made it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I know it's a 9 speed but am not aware of who made it.

Check it using the VIN as different ones were used.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Didn’t they change the power plant in those this year?
I know the previous umpteen years they have been solid, transmission too.

I like the updated cabin and tech schitt they have now.

Never understood changing a bullet proof engine, transmission combo……. Head scratcher for me.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Are they running the Mercedes 9-speed transmission in frontiers now? Pathfinder got a Zf I think.
Anything but a JATCO.[/quote

Mercedes designed it, but I don't know who built it. There's a lot of talk about it on clubfrontier.com.

[quote=PaulBarnard]Are they using the same V6 in this latest generation as they did in the previous? That engine is known to be an extremely good one. 200K miles is a yawn and many make it to 300K and beyond.

It's a VQ, like the older engines that were so good, but now it's 3.8 liter, instead of the older 4.0. The new iteration has 50 HP more.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Anyone driving one? Drove the Pro 4-X Crew Cab this week and was pretty impressed.

Nissan has come a long way but I'd still opt for a Tacoma, Ranger or F150.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've had one frontier, one titan, and five tacomas. I will take the frontier all day over the tacomas and the titan over all of them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (Bluethunder8, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,238 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,148
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.