-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[bleep] no....dealing with human beings only gets worse as you age.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Old people really light my fuse, and always have. I’m very forgiving of younger people and silly stuff they do and the troubles that befall them. That’s their learning process.

But old people play games, show their ass, and act like toddlers. I’m disappointed to discover that in their case AGE DOES NOT BRING WISDOM. Old people think they are immune to being set in their place. If youre an old fool and have dicked around for 75 years and Not gotten your wills, estate, your house in order and you are ever cûnty, you deserve whatever ill happenstance befalls you.You have no place to be short and crabby to people just because youre an aloof forgetful, partially deaf dumbfukk.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The short answer is yes, but it took me longer than most. I think it has more to do with experiences than a given age. Going through some stuff made me realize that the things that I used to let bother me really are not that important. Sounds kind of weird but there is a sense of freedom that comes with it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Never cared much what other people think, the people I like, I like, the people I don't like Fugg Them, old age hasn't changed me much. That's Melow Right. Rio7

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yes, considerably. But I also grew up in the Philadephia suburbs. Dealing with traffic and people every minute of the day. Worked at an Audi and Porsche dealership in an area with mostly jewish customers. Now I live in North Central Wyoming and work when I feel like it. Nothing to really get worked up about nowadays......

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm 65 and generally more mellow. However, my BS meter is much more sensitive now. I was much more able to let BS roll off my back like water off a duck's back. Not anymore. If my mind tells me "you know...that's BS", I immediately tune it out or voice my opinion on the matter. I don't hold back, where I used to keep my thoughts to myself and watch my mouth. I try not to be a jackass about it....I'm just not tolerant anymore.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
63. I don't care to be in charge anymore and really pushback on arbitrary artificial deadlines.

I never sufferred fools and bullshit but as I get older I am more vocal about it. I'm not worried about being fired because I'm about ready to quit/retire.

The effect of this is that I'm more mellow in my personal life.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The family says that I have mellowed. So maybe I have.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
So I decided fuuck it and basically removed myself from any 'father' role. He still asks all the time to come along and its hard to say no but I no longer get mad at his stupid antics.

Not my kid, not my place to get grouchy.

Don’t give up, lots of times you don’t know the effect you had until years later. His mom ain’t his fault, I’m guessing he idolizes you which is why he still wants to go with you.

OTOH, he can always remember his favorite uncle who basically told him to FO.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by COLO_western
Maybe I just haven’t reached that point yet, but so far my fuse has only gotten shorter as I’ve gotten older. I’m 35 now. Parents and in laws (in their 50s and 60s) seem more irritable than ever. Maybe it’s just these times we’re living in.
Wait'll you see now short yer fuse is when you reach 70+.... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now its just a more mellow irritation.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you are an impatient, bitter, and unpleasant person by nature, it only gets worse. Thats what I have found, at least. I have a friend who just retired and he only got worse. He is a big Dallas Cowboys fan but hates Jerry Jones. My brother, knowing this, went over to his house and said something about his buddy Jerry Jones that was on the news and his response was "Why would you think I am friends with Jerry Jones?" and he was serious. My brother just shook his head and said nothing.

I feel I am mellowing but I am more confident in being able to retire someday and I am thankful for what I have. Also, I am fortunate enough not to be married anymore so I don't have to hear about all of my imperfections much less spend money on worthless nonsense. I go through life doing everything wrong and have no idea and I am perfectly content not knowing.

Last edited by BubbaG; 12/30/22.

2 Kings 2:23-24
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I find myself much more tolerant of some things and much less tolerant of others. With people, unless the person is a clear and present a-hole, I tend to be more likely to at least consider the possibility that there may be a valid reason for their action than I was when younger. With inanimate objects that fail to perform properly, I tend to fly into an instant rage. My wife fails to realize the immense satisfaction that comes from dealing swiftly and properly with such items.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BubbaG
If you are an impatient, bitter, and unpleasant person by nature, it only gets worse. Thats what I have found, at least. I have a friend who just retired and he only got worse. He is a big Dallas Cowboys fan but hates Jerry Jones. My brother, knowing this, went over to his house and said something about his buddy Jerry Jones that was on the news and his response was "Why would you think I am friends with Jerry Jones?" and he was serious. My brother just shook his head and said nothing.

I feel I am mellowing but I am more confident in being able to retire someday and I am thankful for what I have. Also, I am fortunate enough not to be married anymore so I don't have to hear about all of my imperfections much less spend money on worthless nonsense. I go through life doing everything wrong and have no idea and I am perfectly content not knowing.
I always tell my wife I'm proud of the way she puts up with being married to a failure of a husband.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I’ll be 53 on Valentine’s Day. I can’t say my temper is shorter now than 30 years ago but I’m a heck of a lot more blunt spoken than I was. Grouchy old man syndrome is definitely taking over. I think age mellows temper because my body knows it’s not going to be able to fight anymore.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm 67. I've mellowed out considerably. There is certainly a lot of stuff to be pissed off at, but for the most part, I'm a puppy. My joy lasts a long time, my anger doesn't. I DID spend a lot of my life being pissed off. Never gained anything at all from it, except a lot of unhappiness. My fight is gone. That isn't entirely bad.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I seem to have graduated from a$$hole to curmudgeon so I got that going for me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
COLO western: I was hoping to - but with the number of criminals (both politicians and non-politicians!), anti-Americans, welfare cheats, drug addicts, illegal aliens and stupid people nowadays making life HARDER, more stressful and more expensive for Americans - MY fuse is as short as it can get!
Wish I were more mellow, as I am getting older, but that is definitely NOT the case.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,430
Posts18,507,540
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.