Print Thread
Hop To
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
WTS: used books on American history, World War II, and exploration/discovery subjects. All prices include shipping to CONUS ZIP codes. I take cash and personal checks or money orders made out to me. I DON'T take Paypal, third party checks, or online payments like applepay.

Only way to reserve (order) a book or books is to put an "I'll take book(s) #____" ON THIS AD THREAD as a "reply" (email or PM replies won't work--save those for questions or comments). Then I'll mark the book or books sold (SPF) on the ad, acknowledge your order on the ad with a reply, and send you a PM with my mailing address and "legal" (first) name for payment. I try to ship the first mail day after I get your payment.

I'll answer all PMs or email questions or comments but please use the ad thread "replies" only for orders.

TAKE $1 OFF THE PRICE OF ANY BOOK OR BOOKS THAT YOU ORDER AFTER THE FIRST ONE. I get a little break on shipping costs of multiple book orders, so I pass a little savings on to you.

American History

1) SPF "Thirteen Soldiers: A Personal History of Americans at War" by John McCain and Mark Salter.

2) "Lincoln on the Verge: Thirteen Days to Washington" by Ted Widmer. Lincoln's election and assumption of power in 1861 was a time of immense conflict in the nation and as dangerous a season as the nation had experienced since the British invasion of 1812. This very detailed history uses Lincoln's cross-country travel to the White House as a narrative that exposes the reader to all the complexities that caused the Civil War and many that it did not solve--questions that we are still asking. PB 618 pp. exc. cond illus w/16 photos and repros of contemporary press illustrations, cartoons and maps. $6

3) SPF"These Rugged Days: Alabama in the Civil War" by John S. Sledge.

4) SPF "The Last Siege: The Mobile Campaign, Alabama 1865" by Paul Brueske.

5) "Manhunt, the 12-Day Chase for Lincoln's Killer" by James S. Swanson. The devastating attacks on Lincoln and his cabinet were followed by a frantic hunt for the assassins which led to a long chase thru the swamps of Maryland and the forests of Northern Virginia, ending with the shooting of the assassin, John Wilkes Booth, by a very strange Union cavalryman from Troy, New York! Heck of a story; hard to put down! HB 290 pp exc, reading cond. illus w/map, b/w photos and document repros. $5

6) "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee: The Indian History of the American West" by Dee Brown, with a new Foreword by Hampton Sides, Civil War and Western historian. This book, first published in 1970, caused a storm of criticism, which died down as other historians checked Brown's facts. Now the book is regarded as a classic which brought a fraction of the truth--always the hardest part of history--to the public. PB 505 pp. exc reading cond. illus w/b/w photos of Native leaders. $5

7) SPF "The Frozen Water Trade" by Gavin Weightman.

8) "The Way of the Reaper: My greatest Untold Missions and the Art of Being a Sniper" by Nicholas Irving and Gary Brozek. Autobiography of a US Army Ranger sniper who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. Irving served first as a Stryker gunner in Iraq, and then qualified as a sniper and joined the 75th Infantry. This book details ten of his sniper missions that are not in his first book, "The Reaper," including the one in which he made his longest shot at a human target. HB 300pp new cond illus w/b/w photos and doc reproductions. $7

9) SPF "The Red Circle: My Life in the Navy Seal Sniper Corps and How I Trained America's Deadliest Marksmen" by Brandon Webb

WWII

10) SPF "Fubar: Soldier Slang of World War II" by Gordon L. Rathman.

11) SPF "The Terrible Hours: The Greatest Submarine Rescue in History" by Peter Maas.

12) SPF "Wild Bill Donovan: The Spymaster who Created the OSS and Modern American Espionage" by Douglas Wallen.

13) SPF "Flyboys" by James Bradley.

14) SPF "The Filthy Thirteen: From the Dustbowl to Hitlers 'Eagle's Nest'" by Richard Kilblane and Jake McNiece.

15) SPF "Ghost Soldiers: the Forgotten Epic Story of WW II's Most Dramatic Mission" by Hampton Sides.

16) SPF "The Last Panther: and "Tiger Tracks" by Wolfgang Faust.

Risky Business

17) "Devil's Teeth: A True Story of Obsession and Survival Among America's Great White Sharks" by Susan Casey. Casey, a journalist formerly the Creative Director of "Outdoor Magazine," takes us to the "Devil's Teeth," the Farallon Islands about 30 miles West of San Francisco. A huge population of huge Great White sharks lives there, feeding off the equally huge sea lions and other marine mammals. There's nothing about the Farallons that isn't dangerous: sea, land, and air, including just getting there. And then the fun begins. HB 293 pp.new cond illus w/color photos, 2-page map. $6

18) SPF "Skeletons in the Zahara: A True Story of Survival" by Dean King.

19) SPF "The Great Explorers: The European Discovery of America" by Adm. Samuel Eliot Morrison.

THANKS for reading my long post! Don't forget to take $1 off the price of any book or books you order after the first one!

And have a great holiday (and deer and bird and ice fishing) season!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Last edited by Mesa; 12/03/22.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I'd like to take #14 & #16.
Thank you.

Jeff

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'll take #9 Sir ! The Red Circle, pm to follow.

Last edited by saddlering; 12/02/22.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please PM a total and mailing address

Last edited by 257_X_50; 12/02/22.
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 14 and 16 SPF to JeffD

#9 SPF to saddlering

#s 7, 10, 11, 13, and 15 SPF to 257 X 50

Thanks for buying again, all you guys! PMs to all of you in the morning!

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'll take #'s 3, 4, and 12.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'll take 1, 18 and 19.

Bfly

Be nice and work hard, you never have enough time or friends.
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Books #s 3, 4,and 12 SPF to slowmover1

#s 1, 18 and 19 SPF to Blackfly1

Thanks for buying again! PMs on the way.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
BTT

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
M
Mesa Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
One last bump.

FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
a little late to the party, but are #2 and #8 still available?
thanks!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,893 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.