Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
No, not that pizz-weak cold stuff sold in bottles- - - - -real brewed tea made with loose leaf and boiling water. I just got a kilogram of black tea shipped from Sri Lanka, and brewed up a pot that makes a strong cup of coffee look like a 90 pound weakling on muscle beach! Two tablespoons of loose tea in a strainer ball and four cups of boiling water makes a really tasty drink. Heavy cream and a couple of teaspoons of sugar in a big mug- - - - -good stuff! Back in engineering school, it was the drink of choice around final exam study time.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh fugg off and hit yourself in the head with a 45.

2.2 pounds you dumb bastard.

I am MAGA.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Worked in Northern Russia in 95, my Russian crew didn't drink coffee and got me into their homemade tea. Local plants and berries and some stuff that I wasn't sure what was but it was pretty good. I haven't found any store bought tea that I care for. I can't drink black tea as it makes me sick and most herbal stuff is like drinking hot water.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Papa said son yer gonna' drive me ta drink'in... If ya don't stop Tea'in like Hotrod_Lincoln... [yeah i drink plenty of tea... The loose stuff is the best!.. But i just buy the cheap bagged schit at the grocery store...]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tetly, Bold and Yorkshire Gold, Taylors of Harrogate, in bags though. Cant be bothered first thing in the day.

I get this herbal crap shipped in from Israel thats loose in the bag for when Ive had enough caffeine.

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am going to try to cut out soft drinks, but I hate just drinking water.

Going to take a shot at brewing strong tea but growing up southern, I'm not sure I can drink it unsweetened.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A kilo of.............tea, from..............strained balls..............

What's gonna succumb to pussified snobbery next?

Live in the Bassackward Sticks, but can't go anywhere else without having
a simple beverage order turn into a mix of virtue signaling and rocket science.

"Do you sell normal coffee? One large cup of that, nothing in it please?"

"No Ma'am. Just a glass of milk. As close to how God and the Cow made it please"
"Except cold. I do like it cold"

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I like a nice cup of tea. Our Nerada, or Assam, or English Breakfast, or a nice Pu'erh. I quite like green tea too.

It is quite popular here. I grew up in a household where several cups a day would usually be had, and there's a lot who still do that.

I've never heard of anyone putting heavy cream in it. Frankly it sounds horrible, but each to their own. I like the taste of tea, so I don't put anything in it but the leaves and the water.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only iced tea. Hot tea is for Yankees.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I lived in the Nilgiri Mountains of Southern India for a few years next to the Dundsandle Tea Estate. Needless to say I grew extremely fond of drinking tea and a lot of it. It’s amazing how good “high quality” tea really is. Personally coffee doesn’t compare anymore.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Iced tea for me.

Not really a sweet tea fan. Some people are serious about their sweet tea.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
English breakfast tea for me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We drink Yorkshire Gold in our family.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I source my yearly tea supply every fall before the snow comes & the ground freezes

Chaga from birch trees & Alaskan ginseng root from the cold earth ...

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
No, not that pizz-weak cold stuff sold in bottles- - - - -real brewed tea made with loose leaf and boiling water. I just got a kilogram of black tea shipped from Sri Lanka, and brewed up a pot that makes a strong cup of coffee look like a 90 pound weakling on muscle beach! Two tablespoons of loose tea in a strainer ball and four cups of boiling water makes a really tasty drink. Heavy cream and a couple of teaspoons of sugar in a big mug- - - - -good stuff! Back in engineering school, it was the drink of choice around final exam study time.

^^^ Gayer'n two dicks rubbing together

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
I source my yearly tea supply every fall before the snow comes & the ground freezes

Chaga from birch trees & Alaskan ginseng root from the cold earth ...

Haven't had Sassafras tea in a long time, come spring maybe I can find one to
pull over.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
about the only tea I drink is a good cup of Lapsang souchong. That is a smoky flavored chinese black tea.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hotrod_Lincoln knew the guy that invented tea. He and Shen Nung used to squirrel hunt together and then chase the honeys afterward.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Green tea when school’s on (I can’t call teaching “work”), coffee when it ain’t.

Coffee caffeine makes me GET mad rather than ACT mad, not a good thing in class.

There’s a world of difference between black tea and green tea. IME black tea has flavor but aggravates an empty stomach.

Green tea tastes insipid but the caffeine lift is gentle and lasts for hours. I drink it with milk as we used to do in England. 32oz in the morning.

Supplement with Coke Zero during the day as necessary.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Even the dullest observer would note that the habitual drinking of tea inclines otherwise normal people...to feel the need to suck up to royalty and the upper class.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 873 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,945
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.