Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 1,842 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congratulations to you all on the deer! Man that sucks when people have to be such ***holes! The jerk was obviously trying to screw up your hunt. You have put in too much damn work, time and effort for this jerk off to mess things up. Man that burns my a$$! Hopefully he don't mess with you anymore now that he knows your not going to back down.
Jim

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hopefully he's given up on me or has run out of "hunting" time or something.

I just can't get over the fact that someone would waste there valuable hunt time screwing with another hunter... I just can't get over that.

I wait for this time of year to come around & the time I have is pretty special to me, I just can't imagine giving up a morning & or evening post just so I can ruin another guys hunting...

Very strange fellow I think.

very disturbing having a guy like that sitting behind you looking at your back with a rifle in his lap...

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah that would make me a little nervous. You never know about some people now days. It would have been great if 'ol fork toes would have walked out and he got to watch you drop him after all that!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, I was wishing he could have got a birds eye view of me shooting a nice one on my own property.

also thought of asking him if he'd like to set up in the same tree with me but facing his own property. since his tree wouldn't let him set up facing the way he said he was shooting.....

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave-

Further proof there are more horses @sses than there are horses.
Take him some venison after the season and explain you felt sorry for him because he was more intent on being a prick than he was a hunter, sportsman and good neighbor. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh that's funny!!

yeah i didn't let it ruin my weekend. 2 kids got there first deer ever out of stands that I set up. I set the one stand up & mowed the opening from which my buddy's boy shot 2!! his first & his second!! and I built the stand out of scrap lumber & camo netting & cut a wide shooting lane which my daughter used to shoot her first deer.

some true payback for me for the bit of work I put into those 2 spots. Those 2 will always remember those moments & I suppose they will favor those stands for years to come!! smile

no it was a great weekend, great visiting with my nephew & my uncle, sat up late 2 weekends in a row talking with my uncle & drinking beer. he brought up a pile of old photo albums from the 60's, 70's & 80's. He had a lot of pictures of my cousin, (his son) and myself goofing around as kids.

it was great having all the kids up, having the boy's "maw" up... it was fun & we are looking forward to more of the same for next weekend.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, it's kind of like you are giving all your luck to those around you! Which is actually pretty cool.

hang in there, what you are doing is just great, getting all those kids raised up right... you getting a deer will come in it's own time. I know you must be just about ready to pull your hair out with the experiences you've had this year...

Good luck! I bet you put a TOAD on the meatpole... the universe has a way of working out that way!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Dave,

Your Meatpole is Officially a Meatpole!!!! Congrats to All..!!!!

Sorry you had to deal with the other guy, sounds like you made the best of it though. Your time is coming I'm sure of it!!!

The weekend found me deerless too, I saw 6 does for about 5 seconds before they ran in the brush a mile away. Other then that my daughter and I sat some serious time and didn't see a thing over the weekend. Next weekend buddy it'll be your's, my daughters, your wifes, our kids, thier kids, our cousins,uncles and my time forsure.... Whooot, whooot... wink smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah I'm not too worried about getting a deer myself, it would be nice to get a decent buck for sure but this season has been a success already. I still have this week + black powder season. plenty of time left.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had chances at five bucks so far. Lots of does too, but I'm holding those tags for muzzleloader. Only one big guy so far, and I dropped the hammer on him. My gun didn't go off because its a Contender that I forgot to switch the firing pin from rimfire to centerfire when I switched from .17 M2 to 30-30 Akley Improved. Too damn funny! smile Here I've been sitting in the woods for days with a gun that won't fire. I thought I was SOOOOO ready, but was rather impotent the entire time.

Only four weekends left.

There are many copies.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
oh boy that's too bad, but hey, if you can laugh about it, I guess the rest of us can too smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dpole-
I can sell you a 700 or two that I don't use..... grin

WWP53D
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hey Skane, you know if he'd a pulled that stunt at my camp I'd a took the belt to him !!! I don't put up with much you know!! grin

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SKane
Dpole-
I can sell you a 700 or two that I don't use..... grin

I already got several of them. Just have not bloodied the Akley Improved barrel yet. 150 grain accubonds at 2500+ fps. Oughta do the trick if it goes off next time.

Dave, if I can't laugh at myself, them who can I laugh at? Besides, I'm sick of eatin' them stinky old bucks anyway. I'm dreaming of a nice tender fawn steak.

There are many copies.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
the belt thing is a skane joke from my post on my daughters first deer.

skane pickin on me for my choice of a draggin rope/strap...

smile

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
northern_dave,

Great job on the deer camp and in teaching your kids to hunt. While not as big as their MN and WI cousins below is the WTB I took this fall. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Used my 338 Win Mag as that is what I have been carrying while moose and elk hunting. One hole is all it took. Haven't shot an elk yet, been in 'em, but my freezer is full to the top. Won't kill one unless it is 340 or better!

Thanks for allowin' me to post on your thread!

eh76

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
wow, that's a dandy!!

very semetrical rack too, if it were scored there can't be much for deductions.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Ok guys, I've clowned for a while here with no real reports on the progress of the camp for a while now.

The building is as I have last posted updates for the most part. I did how ever build a quick & "rustic" gun rack which is a vertical 11 gun rack, close to a foot deep, about 5' high & just over 3' wide. the only thing i really spent any time on at all was the barrel groove board which has notches ... circles actually, 1.5" circles hole saw cut with a 3rd of the hole open for inserting barrel... holes spaced ever 3" on center.

but it's all made from non dimentional rough cut oak boards (aprox 1x4's)
& it has a shelf up top for boxes of ammo, grunt tubes, bino's etc.

above the gun rack, sitting on top of it is a full body mount bobcat that my cousin shot around 3 years ago while deer hunting. The cat really adds to the cabin, looks very nice in there & I'm proud to have it in there.

I also made a simple gun leaning rack for the porch on the outside of the shack so we can rest guns outside if we like, very handy for mid day returns to the shack when you don't care to fog your scope etc.

that's about all I have to report as far as the building itself.

The real improvements are to do with the occupants, the camp members & visitors.

I just couldn't be happier with the advancements we've made in that area. That's where the real fruit of the whole project lies.

the comfort level, confidence.. the ability to relax & enjoy ourselves & each other. To joke & laugh, to tease each other about what ever little mishaps may have occured. To eat well, sleep well, share gear & ideas. Share advice, help each other..

I look back to the beginning of this post. There were goals & a deadline for the wooden building in the forest. The deadline was so that we could be there to build on other things during the MN rifle deer season.

Well we did it, we made it. The building, the structure itself is there, and the other kind of "building" that goes on inside of it, well that's comming along very nicely.

We are sad now when it is time to pack up & go home, when it is time to leave the little shack in the woods. I guess that means we are successful in our efforts. It's like the walls of the shack are beginning to absorb some of the memories & good times had within. We now hate to leave the little shack in the woods, I guess that means we're doing it right.

For this I have to thank all of the occupants, my children taylor, nathan & little "cabin buddy" joey. My wife Pam for taking such good care of us all with meals, cakes, pies, bars, cookies... all the constant cleaning & housekeeping. She's the camp mom, takes care of us all. The rest of my family that has part taken which is my nephew "the boy" you know who you are boy.... thank you for accepting the camp as your own, the fact that you have taken ownership makes me very happy. My neices, girl 1 & girl 2. What fantastic girls, or in girl 1's case, what a fantastic young lady & girl 2, what a precious... younger lady smile I love you both. And of course the other camp mom. thank you so much for the time you have spent with us, for the screws you drove in the flooring at that stage in the project, for all of the cleanup chores you do when you are up, for the bobcat... and for making it so easy to enjoy these kids by doing such a wonderful job with them. (but maybe don't wear white outside anymore until after deer season is over wink

And of course my uncle, the boy's grandfather who I have looked up to since I was a toddler. I do so appreciate your company, your stories, the pictures you have brought up recently, the food & supplies... Mostly your company, it means so much.

I plan on being out there again tomorrow to get an early start on the last weekend of our MN deer rifle season.

I have some firewood to cut, some road repairs to do, and of course, I have a big fork toe'd rutty swamp buck to hunt.

Dave

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey Dave,

Congrats on the dirty pole, and congrats to you daughter on her first deer. I can't wait utill that time comes when I get to take my kids in the woods for the real deal. 8 more years to go.

To bad to hear about your neighboor. some people are just di*kheads. for some one to spend more time wrecking your hunt than hunt themselves is a di*khead. It gets like that here with all the baiting that goes on. someone dumps out corn on public land and thinks the woods is thiers exclusivly.

I have not been in the woods since Sunday of MN opener, I pemnonia (or however you spell it)and have been pretty much doing nothing. I should be able to hunt here for the opener, but I will see how it goes.

Good luck to you and you family on the last weekend. Many a big bucks have been killed on the last weekend.

Tom

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Hey Skane, you know if he'd a pulled that stunt at my camp I'd a took the belt to him !!! I don't put up with much you know!! grin

[Linked Image]

Dave-
No kidding. Ya know, you give new meaning to "belted magnum"... blush

WWP53D
Page 23 of 1,842 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (1OntarioJim, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.