Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I have a Marlin Dark in 45-70. Very nice rifle. I bought it new and have only shot it around 6 times. I still have the box as pictured and everything that came from factory.

Looking to get $2750 for the rifle. Will consider trades and partial trades. Winchester Model 70’s and Mausers will get my attention. Have also had an interest lately in something like a Defiance CRF or Zermatt/Big Horn action.

Rifle is clean and has mostly sat in the safe. If you see a blemish, it is likely because of my potato pictures. If you want more/better pictures of a particular area, ask and I can send them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Up

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Up

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Up

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Up

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not bashing your firearm for sale. I'd really like own one of these. I have a Henry
45/70 already and I'm trying my best to understand the value you are asking. The MSRP is S1049 to 1100 and you are asking 2750 for the rifle? Is there a bunch of ammo or a nice scope? Am I missing something?

Thank You Bryan!!

Last edited by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG; 01/18/23.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I'm not bashing your firearm for sale. I'd really like own one of these. I have a Henry
44/70 already and I'm trying my best to understand the value you are asking. The MSRP is S1049 to 1100 and you are asking 2750 for the rifle? Is there a bunch of ammo or a nice scope? Am I missing something?

Thank You Bryan!!

Yes, that you can’t buy one new as they aren’t currently made and there aren’t many or these that have been made. If you check gunbroker completed auctions, most are going for north of $3k. Essentially, until Marlin resumes production, all that is out there is all that is available.

Thank you for the question and I’m willing to revisit the pricing if someone shows me I’m unreasonable with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bryan, that’s a reasonable answer. And a gun is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. GB isn’t the best way to price out a gun. As for availability, I found at least two places where I can add one to my cart. Whether I could actually complete the sale is a different question, but they show them in stock.
https://riflestoreusa.com/marlin-1894-dark-44-special-44-mag-lever-action-rifle/

https://stockmarlinarms.com/marlin-dark-series-1895-45-70-govt-lever-action-rifle/

This is not a critique of your asking price-it’s your gun. Price it however you want. Showing in stock on a website is different than actually having the gun in hand, so either place could actually have one or it could be an out of date website. Lots of places show them for $700-$900, but those places are out of stock.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just looked up stockmarllinarms. Likely a scam site. Your top store has a 44 mag in stock but I don't see a 45/70. No dog in this fight, but be careful listing stockmarlinarms.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Rifle Store USA is also a noted scam site.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
30338 and Softtail103 - I'm not familiar with either site, just a google search. So you input is noted and appreciated. To Bryan's credit, every place I looked that I KNOW is a legit site has them out of stock.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I looked around a little! This is actually a lot less than people are asking on other sites! Crazy market! GLWS!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
I appreciate people checking my work on my pricing. The price is high compared to what they WERE available for when in production. However, this model was not built for very long before Marlin production was shut down. Anywhere that shows it as an in stock rifle is a scam, plain and simple. It is not being built. The only ones for sale are ones built prior to the Marlin factory closing.

So, I will likely be putting it up on gunbroker soon. Have it listed here to try to avoid the hassle of gunbroker. With that said, I will certainly consider reasonable offers made with the current market for these rifles being kept in mind.

Thanks again to everyone who has taken a look.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I know Marlins fairly well as I collect them. When I saw your asking price, I wasn’t a bit surprised. These guns demand that money. Might have to put it on GB to maximize your chance of getting the most, but that for sure is a hassle. GLWS

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Up

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdayuuuuuuuuuuummmmm!!!

Fück Joe byron
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Selmer, if you have a gunbroker account, you can do an advanced search to see what items ACTUALLY sold for. The price is a good indication of the current market for specific firearms.

You are right...you can list something for a million dollars. If it doesn't sell, it's not worth a million dollars. Gotta look at completed listing where the gun sold to get an idea of the true value.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (1shotnokilz, 325wsm1, 160user, 30incher, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 16,951 guests, and 1,072 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,231
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.