Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tag

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Originally Posted by KillerBee
With that understanding I believe that everyone is entitled to take the approach that works best for them. I chose my route with the Huskemaw because it best suited my needs. I am not interested in shooting hundreds of rounds, nor am I interested in developing custom rounds or paying for the associated costs involved.

KB

Then you have zero business shooting at an animal beyond 300 yards. Period.

I'm in agreement with this^^^ . Really though as long as it is actually zeroed, who gives a fugg?? I was just looking at one of my targets I posted in the 9.3 thread. This is "zeroed":
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Use what works:

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the squirrels I took the heads off of with that rifle..

Here's another fairly "zeroed" rifle:

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Killed this moose with my .30-06 BSA P17 Standing Free hand @ 525 yards with Winchester SuperX 180 gr., trumps your elk BSA MAGA and I'll be my BSA is prettier than any one of yours. Not that I really GAF :o)

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/12/23.

KB

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Not that I really GAF :o)

...he said, clearly giving enough of a F to dig up photos and spew a bunch of gibberish in response.

Dude, you've got issues. 15 posts a day? That's gotta be some kind of record. You've posted photos of your glazed ham in at least three different threads today.

I think it might be time to take a little Campfire break, for your own mental health. Do the rest of us some good, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Maxwell

...he said, clearly giving enough of a F to dig up photos and spew a bunch of gibberish in response.

Dude, you've got issues. 15 posts a day? That's gotta be some kind of record. You've posted photos of your glazed ham in at least three different threads today.

I think it might be time to take a little Campfire break, for your own mental health. Do the rest of us some good, too.

Before KB, takes a breather on posting….I gotta ask him this question: How did you end up taking a 525 yard shot, standing and offhand at that moose?

I’m not saying you did or didn’t make that shot. I’m just curious what prevented you from going prone, or shooting off your pack?

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
525 yard off hand shot ? That is one lucky shot. I don’t know many guys that can do that. Or risk it to wound an animal. Not very hunter like, IMO.
I bet if I put 12” gong out at that distance you’d be 1 for 10 if lucky to hit it standing and holding free stand.
Or you’re just that good ? Nah

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
God what a worthless [bleep] t.great

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HitnRun
What is this copycat nonsense?

KillerBee comes on here and now that he has posted 15 times a day to become someone of note. Well you have but since the mention in the Beaver awards, You think you are now Dwayne with your feeble attempt for genuine consideration of campfire members. The nice salutation is nothing but insincere copycat and you need to not tarnish the reputation of BC30cal (Dwayne).

Time to have your own ID and leave Dwayne's intact.

Originally Posted by Beaver10
And We’re Back…

Up next is an award for * The Fire’s Best New Member * As we all know, so many new members tryout but fail to make the CampFire team. This years Beaver Award winner has shockingly come out that country up North known as Canada. Amazing!

And the winner is KillerBee. Congratulations 🍾

It’s time for another break. Beav needs to make another beverage. 🦫

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Hey KB

Sounds like no shooting was done to verify the drops on the engraved turrets BEFORE they were engraved

They may be close, but I doubt it

Also, if 200 rounds will last you “years”, I hope you are shooting other rifles for practice. No one with any clue whatsoever believes that they can be proficient with a rifle at longer ranges where turrets need dialing by creating less spent primers than it takes to fill a thimble

Hello there rcamuglia, I trust your new year is going great and you are ready for another year of good health and fun!
Have a great day my friend ~

Originally Posted by Starbuck
Maybe you only use it at one location and you've put away a lifetime supply of the ammo you use? But, this isn't the reality for a lot of hunters who travel and or shoot a lot and are constrained to use different components here and there in times of shortage

Good morning Starbuck, I trust you are off to a great and fun Thursday!

Have a great day ~

HitnRun nailed it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

The ham sucking hockey player made me laugh! Well done!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi Beaver, I hope your evening is going great and you already have had a few quality beers under you belt :o)

Before I tell you the story I want to say for the record that I can not believe I won a coveted Beaver award, I am not worthy!!

On the other hand Dwayne certainly is. I have been accused of posting in a similar manner as Dwayne does and it's partially true, because being polite is always a good thing. Dwayne has it down to a science and I like learning and growing from people better than myself, which Dwayne certainly is!

It was the first day of rifle season for moose November 1/2016. I was hunting in one of my favorite moose hunting spots, pretty remote and the only access is by quad. You will notice where I positioned myself at the end NW corner of the marsh on a quad trail, I got there on my Polaris 500 Sportsman Quad, which is in fact the only way to get there because its pretty remote and the entire way there is boggy, not even walkable and also way too far to walk! The reason why I own a 500 and not an 800 is due to the weight the 800 they bog down in the swampy areas and get stuck where I hunt moose, whereas the 500's don't get bogged down as much. I typically hunt alone so getting stuck SUCKS! It takes about an hour to get to there from where I park my truck to get to this particular area.

So in that HUGE marsh there is a peninsula of evergreens that comes out to a point from the east side as drawn almost exactly in the middle of this huge swamp to about 1/5 of the way out into the meadow, which is surround by Willows a moose's favorite food in my neck of the North 40. I sat there for awhile observing and there was no movement. I happen to be an expert moose caller so I figured that I may as well start doing some "cow in heat calls" to see if any moose would respond. Typically in Alberta the best calling time is during the first week of October, so the odds were not in my favor, but I had heard that bulls do respond late in the season, so why not try??

So from the quad trail on the map where I was parked, I started doing the cow calls, sat there watching and repeating my calls. Within 15 minutes while glassing the area sure enough out walks this bull moose in the photo in the picture above. He came out to the point of the peninsula looking around.

The marsh was wide open and if I had of started my quad to get to him I would have blown my cover so I started walking through the marsh directly to the moose, however being swampy walking was a no go and I was sinking up to my knees.

So I backed out a distance so I could get some elevation with a clear shot. Being a Bowhunter, I always have my rangefinder on me, so I ranged him, he was at 525 yards and I eventually had a clear shot from a higher elevation I backed out to.

The first shot I missed, and he stood there without moving wondering what the heck was going on, the next shot I adjusted and lowered my aim point, he dropped completely out of sight. As I watched he got back up and trotted back into the peninsula, but I knew that because he dropped the way he dropped it was a good/deadly shot, since moose dont drop like that unless they are hurting bad. I was even surprised he got up, and pissed as I recall.

Prone I would have been laying in Grass, there were not trees or branches to rest my rifle on, it was my only shot, I do have confidence in my shooting, so I took it.

I went back to my quad and drove across the marsh to the point of the peninsula where he dropped and tracked him into the wooded evergreens where he was laying dead about 50 yards in.

It was that night that I decided to purchase a rifle with a better scope and that moose is why I purchased my Weatherby with the Huskemaw, I hate guess work and my new set up is more appropriate for longer shots.

Thank you for taking the time to read this long winded story, I kept it as brief as possible.

Also thank you again for your prestigious Award, it was unexpected that's for sure!

KB

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Zero at 100 yards.

lightman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You guys are right! I post way too much.

Way too much time on my hands, that will end as of now.

My apologies - OUT.

Cheers ~

KB

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Great picture , dude.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh em gee!

El oh el!!!

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KB sounds a lot like HC.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Killed this moose with my .30-06 BSA P17 Standing Free hand @ 525 yards with Winchester SuperX 180 gr., trumps your elk BSA MAGA and I'll be my BSA is prettier than any one of yours. Not that I really GAF :o)

Where did all that courtesy go?

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
KB sounds a lot like HC.

Sounds more like Roundoak. 525 yards offhand with a 30/06! The shooting beats the map drawing.

Also thank you again for your prestigious Award, it was unexpected that's for sure!

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Where did all that courtesy go?

Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
KB sounds a lot like HC.

Sounds more like Roundoak. 525 yards offhand with a 30/06! The shooting beats the map drawing.

Or Roundoak.

He claims to be “an expert caller” and then says that he’s heard that moose don’t respond well to late season calling. It seems “an expert caller” should know one way or the other firsthand.

525 yards shooting offhand. He says his first shot was high after ranging it so he lowered his hold for the second shot. That only makes sense if he didn’t know his dope and was shooting from a rest. The issue at 525 yards shooting offhand obviously isn’t just knowing your holds but would be being able to shoot accurately offhand at 525 yards…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The shooting beats the map drawing.
The map definitely isn't in the same league as the one showing the way to Bob's place for gopher shooting. You've seen that one I'm sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes one just needs to conclude it is time to lay down one's shovel and to stop digging.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (10gaugeman, 16gage, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 71 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,736
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.