Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Someone will always comment about camo, most often Sitka or Kuiu and say something negative. The truth is, Turkeys and game for that matter, have real good eyesight and good camo does work and improve your situation.

Earlier this fall, bow hunting elk, I was wearing Sitka camo and came across this bull elk and I actually saw him before he saw me. I am absolutely certain, camo helped me stay unseen...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is a picture of my 2 boys in the forest while we were turkey hunting, and it was then I realized just how good some camo patterns are. This is Kuiu in a Ponderosa forest...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I don't doubt what you're saying, but do you think the outline of our body tips them off to our presence? I do. I think movement and not properly breaking-up the outline of our body alerts more game, than the type of camo we're not wearing.

I've been in treestands, 15-20' off the ground, full camo, sitting still and without catching my scent, I've had deer look directly up into the tree at me. I assume it seen a "mass" among the vertical lines of the trees. On the flip-side of the coin, I've had deer walk past me without ever knowing I was there.

My apologies to the OP for the slight thread hijack.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Around our area, German Flecktarn and British DPM do about as well as anything.

I don't pay attention too much to camo. I use it, but I don't jones on it.

Here are a couple of pics of my camo from different years. I leave it to y'all to figure out what's what:

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

Least favorite camo? Anything that isn't on close-out, doesn't come from the bargain bin, or ga;rage sale.

Last edited by shaman; 01/14/23.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever I fish out of the footlocker, still have lots of gear left from 32 years in the Guard. When I buy commercial camo its a long sleeve t-shirt with chest pocket for warm days, then I take whatever they have usually not much variety to pick from, Walls, Browning, Mossy Oak, etc.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (35, badwolf, BDR1, beefan, 9 invisible), 1,431 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,057
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.