Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

They added a early doe season
They added a CDW season
But the bigger thing.....
Almost the entire state can kill 5 deer with a rifle.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
what's CDW?

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hancock27
what's CDW?

Chronic Wasting Disease

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Member
Online Sleepy
Campfire Member
Or Chronic Disease Wasting maybe?

smile

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
It’s funny to hear about killing 5 deer with a rifle is considered a lot. Just the differences in where we grow up I guess. We can only shoot 2-3 bucks but I don’t have any idea how many doe we can take? It’s a lot. I’m sure they do it because the majority of guys around shoot a buck take it to a place to be cut up for them and half the time donate the meat….lol.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The Middle TN unit is 3 does per day from the last weekend in September to the first weekend in January. Been that way for over a decade, it seems like there are more deer than ever in that unit.

"The world breaks everyone,and afterward, some are strong at the broken places"
Hemingway
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
My BIL went deer hunting in MO back about 20 years ago. Said he saw more bucks on opening day than he'd see in two seasons here. Sounds like you've got {or at least had} a lot of deer. At least where he hunted anyway.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We got a late antlerless season a while back. I think if you included it and the muzzleloader season you can shoot about 8 with some kind of gun but no more than 2 bucks. I know almost nobody who shoots more deer than they did back when we were limited to one buck one doe for each season. Most guys just aren’t going to smoke a bunch of does regardless of how many you’re allowed.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
that is a pretty big change for the entire state. wasn't so many years ago we got unlimited doe tags in some areas. in one year that they needed thinin' around here between wife son and myself we cleaned 13 deer that one year I'll never do that much again..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TheKid
We got a late antlerless season a while back. I think if you included it and the muzzleloader season you can shoot about 8 with some kind of gun but no more than 2 bucks. I know almost nobody who shoots more deer than they did back when we were limited to one buck one doe for each season. Most guys just aren’t going to smoke a bunch of does regardless of how many you’re allowed.

In Pennsylvania we would. Smoke em all. Brown it's down baby.

That's how I got so good in the yearly Dink Contest

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No surprise on the early doe season, we had one a number of years ago, may have been limited to urban counties, I cannot recall.

As far as the 5 with a rifle what was the limit in the recent past? I guess I never kept up on that. Kill my 2 antlerless from a county then switch counties and kill 2 more does if I wanted them.

Just went and read new regs. I think antlerless is still unlimited, you just have to switch counties when you reach your limit in a county.

I don't think it will do what they want, too many hung up on killing a "giant" buck. Start with an earn a buck and force people to kill a doe before killing a buck and all of the trophy hunting will slow down.

Do the Earn a Buck on a drawing system. If you get drawn and have time kill a doe then so be it if you want to hunt.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/14/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not so fast!!

We had a piece that the landowner liked us stacking the does up. 10 acres, a pard and I killed 16 one season. Still couldn't tell we were killing them.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn

They added a early doe season
They added a CDW season
But the bigger thing.....
Almost the entire state can kill 5 deer with a rifle.

MS is similar. Sans the CWD season

3 bucks. 5 does with rifle. And primitive.( Which is still a rifle on private land. )

Maybe kill extra in archery.

No daily bag limit on does. Just don’t exceed season limit.

If you archery and rifle hunt. You can go from October to end of JAn. Middle of Feb in certain parts of the state.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Yeah in PA we'd mow them all down if we had tags and access

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Bocajnala

Yeah in PA we'd mow them all down if we had tags and access

Till there's none left.

Then whine and complain there no deer left! And keep shooting the only ones we see

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Early doe season is gonna be a bigger poaching time than the youth season. Ain't too many guys gonna pass a good buck with a rifle in their hands........

I never participate in doe only seasons. I don't place myself in temptations path. A man's gotta know his limitations....I know mine.

I like big bucks and I can not lie!!!!

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Kentucky is a lot more conservative than that, one antlered deer per season. Unlimited does in at least one zone, probably more. Rifle season in zone four is buck only, two week long muzzle loader is buck only the first week.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Archery season starts here in GA in mid-September. Today is the last day of rifle season. That's a 4 month season. Twelve deer limit, 2 bucks, 10 doe. And if you take one on most WMA's it doesn't count toward your 12 deer limit.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You don't like the rules buy your own property and manage it however you want. Doe's are just taking up resources that the bucks and cattle could be using. When Georgia went to a 10 doe per person limit some thought that was excessive, but there's more deer than ever.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Do they still have an antler-size restriction? IIRC Aaron Warburton’s (The Hunting Public) family farm in MO is in such a zone.

No matter how many they allow, most people can only use a few at most, and killing does, gutting them, and transporting them out, even to donate, doesn’t qualify as fun in my book after a certain point. I should be sitting in a tree right now, but it’s windy and cold, I have two in the freezer, and that tree is almost a mile back in a no vehicles allowed area.

In this area, access to private land is tough to come by, even on farms suffering from depredation. The neighboring county in VA allows doe hunting from Sept. 1 on private land, but AFIK, there’s no landowner program to provide access, so it’s not going to do much for control.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 40 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.