Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Guys, I don't have a dog in this hunt. But... "Hint." 😂

This picture just tears me up! Is this after he supposedly shagged the dead bear?!

Btw, blocking him lets me see your great responses first, which makes all of that bearable.

And I'm looking at the 6x45, which is the main reason I came here to begin with.

Dutch

Last edited by BigDutch; 01/17/23.

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."

Time to show your colors, MAGA.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
6x45 has been just right here in Kansas for several people in my family. We've used 85 gr noslers, Sierra and Speer, with 8208, h335, varget, benchmark, all in Lapua brass.2800 fps in a 21 inch barreled 700 Remington. It's a great round.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BigDutch

This picture just tears me up! Is this after he supposedly shagged the dead bear?!

Btw, blocking him lets me see your great responses first, which makes all of that bearable.

And I'm looking at the 6x45, which is the main reason I came here to begin with.

Dutch

This thread went to hell in a handbasket. If you want more info on the 6x45, we have much better threads. I shot a 6x45 for a while and like some here, I settled on the 85gr SGK bullet. Worked excellent for my needs. My rifle also liked the Hornady 100gr BTSP, 87gr V-max, and lighter 58 and 68gr pills. Google 6x45 threads here and you'll dig up something better than this thread. If you need 6mm bullets, hit me up. I have some 100gr Hornady BTSP interlocks, 87gr V-max, 80gr Speers, 75gr sierra's, Barnes varmint grenades, and some noslers..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I sold my 6x45 barrel last summer and don't have another 6mm to shoot these in.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
BSA1917hunter,

Where do you recommend finding a 6x45 barrel/upper?

Several of the recommended older links I've found have either changed, or are obsolete.

I think that I can build one if I take my time, get a few pointers, and hang with some local friends.

I want a Hamr, a 6.8, 30 HRT, etc., etc.

I'm going to start with the 6x45, and take it from there.

So know I need to get busy. 😁

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA1917hunter,

Several of the recommended older links I've found have either changed, or are obsolete.

I think that I can build one if I take my time, get a few pointers, and hang with some local friends.

My best suggestion is to do an internet search. I have not bought a barrel in a while. Like I said in another post, the barrel I bought was from Liberty/Satern. I'm not sure if they still have them. Someone here may have an extra barrel laying around as well. Building an upper is extremely easy with the right tools. Watch some videos on youtube and you'll have one put together with little fuss. The 6x45 cartridge is extremely easy to load for. 223 rem brass sizes very easy in the reloading die. I think you will like it for sure. I think I still have my die set, some nickel brass, and a good bit of load data for the 6x45. If you are interested let me know.. I think most of my 6mm bullets are sold to beretzs here, but I'm waiting on a check from him..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BigBitch,

Don't worry,Beezer REALLY "knows" her stuff...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Ask her how those 108's "shot". Hint.

You Drooling CLUELES Fhuqktards are a HOOT! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
TNRock Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
BSA1917hunter,

I ordered my barrel from mcgowen.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Stick,

If only you would write clearly, and share some of your expertise, attitudes around here toward you might change.

I've reloaded in the past, very new to AR's, and am just trying to learn from you all.

If you offer constructive criticism, I'll listen to any of you.

Thanks, Dutch

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BigBitch,

You'd do well to simply take notes and apply same,while holstering your Hurt Feeler Reports...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You are looking for others to condone your fhuqking Stupidity and pardon my having zero interest in same. Hint.

The 6x45 is a bust in a Krunchenticker,due the trite COAL limitations inherent the platform. Even with ASC's,you are pissing up a LOT of fhuqking ropes and are going to be shy of 223 performance,in a like platform. Hint.

Go 6 ARC and never look back. Hint.

Thank me later,when the lights come on. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by TNRock
BSA1917hunter,

Thanks TNRock, McGowan looks really nice, looking like the plan here. 👍

Last edited by BigDutch; 01/29/23.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA1917hunter,

Thanks BSAhunter, McGowan looks really nice, looking like the plan here. 👍

Thank TNrock. I'm wondering how well they shoot?? Keep us posted..

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Reason for 6x45 over 6 ARC?

Honest question.

I'm looking to do a barrel with the 6 x 45, probably for hunting, mainly varmints...

The 6 Grendal/ARC for either a range rifle and/or Varminting.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Dutch

This thread went to hell in a handbasket. If you want more info on the 6x45, we have much better threads. I shot a 6x45 for a while and like some here, I settled on the 85gr SGK bullet. Worked excellent for my needs. My rifle also liked the Hornady 100gr BTSP, 87gr V-max, and lighter 58 and 68gr pills. Google 6x45 threads here and you'll dig up something better than this thread. If you need 6mm bullets, hit me up. I have some 100gr Hornady BTSP interlocks, 87gr V-max, 80gr Speers, 75gr sierra's, Barnes varmint grenades, and some noslers..

I sold my 6x45 barrel last summer and don't have another 6mm to shoot these in.

Tell ya what , I'll take em all for $50 if you pic up the shipping....

since you guys are talking up the Sierra 85 grainers.. SP and HP... I'm thinking the 87 SP Hornady might be a good one to try...
Will be doing it on a Savage Bolt action....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Could somebody give Fug Stick a kick in the butt?

He's frozen on repeat.
a kick in the nuts is better, but its a harder target to hit, then his fat ass...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The less you "know","see" and "do"...the "better" everything is. It's termed as "Ignorance is bliss". Hint.

AccuBombs are steaming piles of fhuqking schit. Hint.

Looping others into your Dumbfhuqktitude,don't "bolster" the wares. Hint....................

They work for me 🤷‍♂️ I'm not looping anyone into anything, I don't give a rip what anyone chooses to shoot. I don't post here much at all but read daily, and I respect alot of what you have to say, but this doesn't make any sense to me at all. For ranges 200 and in, what does it matter? When I hunt the massive thickets around here where 50 yard shots are max and I'd be better off with a shotgun and buck shot, what does b.c of the bullet have to do with killing that deer at 50 yards? I fully understand the need for longer ranges but I just can't see it for this set up. I am willing to learn if your willing to teach?

You haven't posted much here, but I'll let you in on a campfire secret ( that everyone knows smile )..

after he gets out of the shower, so he can admire himself in the nude...but Schtick argues with his reflection in the mirror, because it makes him feel taller ( than his 4 ft 13 inch height) and gives him a big 4 inch hard stiffy....pulls out the hand cream and day dreams about giving it to the reflection of him in the mirror....

Schtick take the term GFY seriously... with pleasure...

ain't easy be Schtick...

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Was this in an AR-15 or bolt gun?

T
TNRock Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
BSA1917hunter,

Thanks BSAhunter, McGowan looks really nice, looking like the plan here. 👍

Thank TNrock. I'm wondering how well they shoot?? Keep us posted..

Will do, I've got some 87 gr vmax, and 80 gr blitz that I'll work through it.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1234, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 3,293 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,711
Posts18,534,893
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.