Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Had one of these come in for a paint job, never handled one before. The line down the middle that bisects the stock is different than anything I’ve seen before. Is this typical of Tikka / Sako composite stocks? Is it strong, stable enough?

[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]

Other than the curious construction it’s pretty stiff and light for an adjustable stock. 29oz as it sits….
The cheek piece is all plastic construction and I don’t believe it would fare well if subjected to much of an impact.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
not bad looking, unlike some I have seen.
Which models come with this stock?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hangunnr
Had one of these come in for a paint job, never handled one before. The line down the middle that bisects the stock is different than anything I’ve seen before. Is this typical of Tikka / Sako composite stocks? Is it strong, stable enough?

[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]
[Linked Image from ]

Other than the curious construction it’s pretty stiff and light for an adjustable stock. 29oz as it sits….
The cheek piece is all plastic construction and I don’t believe it would fare well if subjected to much of an impact.

That line down the middle is what caught my attention. Looks kind of weird. I'd be glass bedding the action at a minimum, but that's just me. I don't really like the looks of it, but to each their own.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
The stock comes on Tikkas Ultimate Precision Rifle. Not wild about the style but it is comfortable to sit behind.

I too would bed it if it were mine but I have seen this rifle shoot and it was easily sub 1/2 MOA at 100yds with Hornady match ammo. Kinda hard to argue that bedding would improve anything.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (338Rules, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, Backroads, 12 invisible), 16,952 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,184
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.