Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had the pneumonia 2 times and it was in the lower right lung both times.

Whenever i get x-rays they always get a sad look on their face because of all the scar tissue in the lower half of the right lung.

That crap will and can kill you for sure.

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Seems like w all of the other respiratory diseases that folks don’t give pneumonia the serious threat that it deserves. It will kill you graveyard dead. Grind you down until you and antibiotics cannot fight it. Horrible stuff.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Good thing to avoid.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I had pneumonia late last month. Spent 3 nights in the hospital between Chandigarh new year. Not fun.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Almost died of double lung pneumonia about 14 years ago. One night in the hospital all doped up, coughing blood, I made my peace that I'd be in the morgue by morning. I still don't know how I pulled through and that night was apparently the turning point. Strange feeling when you're realistically looking at death. Got single lung in 2016 and now my lung function is schit.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hold my beer..... Got 900ml out of my left lung after I had pancreatitis..... everything down there got so swollen and inflamed it caused the fluid build up..... stuck about a 6" needle in my back under x-Ray lol.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Had pneumonia twice, not recommended. If you really want some fun have pulmonary edema after surgery. Lungs suck in fluid. Little female doc got on top of me and got a breathing tube down my throat to lungs. Said I was foaming blood like a lung shot deer. 3 days on life support in ICU.

jimjr
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fluid in the lung.(within the alveoli) is like pulmonary edema or pneumonia .
Unilateral Pulmonary Edema can cloak pneumonia by showing similar clinical findings.
Fluid on the lung/ Pleural Effusion, is accumulation between parietal and visceral
pleura of the pleural cavity.

Alveolar hypoxia (poor lung gas exchange) increases pulmonary vascular pressure
resulting in increased heart afterload, leading to pulmonary hypertension, which forces
fluid into the interstitial space and lung alveoli/air sacs..(think increased microvascular
hydrostatic pressure)

Inflammation immune response in respiratory infection naturally results in increased
permeability of capillary endothelial layer permitting increased passage of fluid.
Permeability also allows immune system cells easier access to the site of infection.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
No but I did have an Epididymitis once...

I will NOT be posting pics.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Pneumonia three times. Second when I was 40 caused by CHF, spent a week in the hospital. Last January double pneumonia from Covid, only spent a couple days in the hospital for that one but I was down and out for well over a month.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very informative post on pulmonary Starman - will add some experiential dots.

Originally Posted by Starman
Fluid in the lung.(within the alveoli) is like pulmonary edema or pneumonia.
Makes for difficulty transmitting O2 to the bloodstream and can feel like suffocation.

Unilateral Pulmonary Edema can cloak pneumonia by showing similar clinical findings.
Fluid on the lung/ Pleural Effusion, is accumulation between parietal and visceral
pleura of the pleural cavity.
Had pleurisy once in early 20s - had been pushing myself too hard while I had a "chest cold". That condition hurt like crazy - every breath.

Alveolar hypoxia (poor lung gas exchange) increases pulmonary vascular pressure
resulting in increased heart afterload, leading to pulmonary hypertension, which forces
fluid into the lung alveoli/air sacs..(think increased microvascular hydrostatic pressure). C
My lady developed chronic pulmonary hypertension - why we no longer live up at 8,000 ft.

Inflammation immune response in respiratory infection naturally results in increased
permeability of the endothelial layer permitting increased passage of fluid..The increase
in permeability also allows immune system cells easier access to the site of infection.

Also - bronchial constrictions caused by response to allergens, onset of heavy exercise, sudden intake of cold air, etc., etc. usually called asthma. Usually event driven - tight feeling, heaving to get enough O2, and can last for quite a while. Usually treated episodic with albuterol inhaler.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, had viral pneumonia, as a teenager !

Luckily, I was fit as fugk & came through it unscathed.

Dad, has scaring on his lungs, from the same bout.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Also - bronchial constrictions caused by response to allergens, onset of heavy exercise, sudden intake of cold air, etc., etc. usually called asthma. Usually event driven - tight feeling, heaving to get enough O2, and can last for quite a while. Usually treated episodic with albuterol inhaler.

Albuterol, although designed to be a short acting Beta-2 adrenergic agonist
smooth muscle bronchodilator, can result in Paradoxical Bronchospasm and
even anaphylaxis.. data indicates significant number of patients have shown
reduced FEV-1 (forced expiratory volume) as result of Albuterol..having said that ,
Albuterol can be prescribed Off label to assist breathing in pneumonia.
Ephedrine being a broncho-dilator and decongestant would be a smarter option
for pneumonia or bronchial asthma (as an OTC product) on the proviso ones
baseline cardiac condition is up to it, for it's mechanism of action involves; Alpha,
Beta-1 and Beta-2 receptors.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 75 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,484
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.