Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by dale06
Had shingles when I was a kid, 12 years or so. Doc said that’s very rare. Lots of boils and pain on my forehead at hair line.

Same. Had it on my back, side and chest. Still have a spot in my back with no feeling, nearly 40 years later.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got it about 6 years ago. Nasty stuff! I am not one for getting shots or vaccines but I would advise everyone to think about that one. It took nearly 2 months to clear up when I got it and I was pretty much miserable the entire time.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yep, in my early thirties.
Lower back.

Felt like someone was poking me with a hot wire brush and weird muscle contractions.
Haven't had them since and never been vaxxed for it.
That was 30 years ago

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife had it once. I just got one shot Saturday, I have to get the other one in two months.

Wife said shingles was no fun!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. But the second shot kicked my ass for a day. Worth it if it keeps me from getting a case.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In 1960, my father who was 61 at the time died with shingles. Pitiful agony for weeks before he passed.

Please everyone, get the shots.

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
If it is shingles, you got a 72 hour window to start anti-virals, otherwise it’s gonna be a long haul. I would get to the urgent care or ER pronto.

This, it really helped my wife on her second shingles event - 29 years apart.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I used to rep Valtrex, then Famvir.

Shingles is no joke. The 72 hour window is accurate, but sooner is better.

Much, much better.

Shingrix is the newer vaccine, it works very well.

For the prickly nerve pain, talk to your doc about lidocaine patches. Probably generic by now, I knew them as Lidoderm patches.

If you think you’re having a shingles outbreak, get to your doc right fooking now, and get your prescription filled right fooking now, and take the first dose as you’re walking away from the counter.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
had it on my face a little over a year ago. Almost ended up at my eyes. Was not fun. Very painful, like getting electrocuted. Pain comes in waves. No vax here and not planning on getting one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had chicken pox as a kid - does that count?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
No vax here and not planning on getting one.

You show 'em who's boss !!!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Was is on your dick?

‘Cause that’s different.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I've had it off and for the last two years. One really bad case covered my back. It sucks. I turn 50 on March 31 and I plan on getting the first. vaccine shot that day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by old_willys
WoW already saw the ER doctor Less than 10 minutes wait. doctor tells me it’s shingles:(

He said it would be a lot worse if I didn’t get the shot 3 years ago. Going to put me on medication but claims there’s no good ointment to stop the itch and pain
Originally Posted by Bwana338
We have friends who have had shingles and a couple were hospitalized and one did not go home.

My cardiologist recommended that i receive the new shingles vaccine and i did the 2 shots.

When you see some friends who suffer for a month or more, taking the shingles shot make it easier to do.

The second shot put me on my butt for a few days, first shot was not bad the second one was take it easy kind of shot.

Good morning old_willis and Bwana338,

I am thinking of getting the shot, since I watched my grandmother suffer with it when it appeared on her face, then a girlfriend got it on her back, she was in horrible pain for quite a long time and was taking oxycodone for pain relief, but was still in a lot of pain. Nasty Chit!

I was surprised to read that you got shingles after getting the shot, I assumed it eliminated the possibility, obviously not hey?

Bwana338 you mentioned "The second shot put me on my butt for a few days" If you do not mind sharing, how did the shot effect you?

Did you get some sort of flu, or was it muscle pain that put you on your butt? I thought that there were no side effects from getting the shot so that surprised me as well!

Have a great day sirs!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/24/23.

KB

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gunchamp
had it on my face a little over a year ago. Almost ended up at my eyes. Was not fun. Very painful, like getting electrocuted. Pain comes in waves. No vax here and not planning on getting one.
Wife’s grandmother got it in her eyes. It blinded her. I wouldn’t wish that on anybody.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve had shingles twice, both of them “mild” cases. The first was horrible and the second case merely miserable.

First time, 30 years ago, I had a band of prickly pain about 8 inches wide half way around my upper bod to the top of my shoulder. It was not terrible pain, but unrelenting. It felt like a quick typist with needles on her fingertips was typing on my skin over that whole band. Nothing I tried would stop the constant jabs of sharp pain or relieve it in any way. Dr. said it was the mildest case of shingles he’d seen. I didn’t sleep for 54 hours. Finally slept from exhaustion. The worst of it lasted a week.

When the shot came our way a few years later, I got it.

Second case was six years ago, an itchy patch the size of my hand on my back and shoulder blade. More a strong itch than sharp pain, it just would not stop. It lasted weeks and has has never gone away fully, stronger for a few days then fading again.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Sure does. Counts as the way to get shingles later. Actually, even most adults who don't remember getting chickenpox really have had it also.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have not gotten the shot yet. I need to remedy that.

Had the c pox in second grade, there's supposed to be a link.

Five years ago wife and I drove to and spent one night in Spokane Wa at a Motel 6.

Two days later I developed an itchy rash on stomach and chest. Thought it was bedbugs, scabies, or such. But wife slept in the same bed there and at home. She did not develop symptoms.

I concluded it was a VERY light case of shingles.

Yes, I need to get that shot.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had the shingles on my side.I went to the Dr. and she gave me a antibiotic shot and it went away.My BIL got the Shingles Jab and ended up getting a horrendous case of the shingles.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR

Sure does. Counts as the way to get shingles later. Actually, even most adults who don't remember getting chickenpox really have had it also.

I know this - just being a smartazz this morning.

After personally seeing a couple of folks get this affliction, I willingly succumbed to the 2-course Shingrix potion.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,096
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.