Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All the cool kids have them.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have watched more than a few roll onto a gravel bar. Roll cages sure are nice on those. They have scared me a few times watching them roll. Seem easy to get upright and a buddy drag back to the water.

For the most part glad they watch. They are as hard to see sometimes as a motorcycle and I do my best to watch out for both but in the end the safety of fast and small lies with the driver of such and not me.

They will get you in some skinny water.

There is a creek... I know a guy that wants to run it to his cabin. With one. I simply can't see it being possible without a lot of damage but then again you never know... they can get small and skinny for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes it is all fun until you meet the other guy driving one in your direction…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My friend had a small inboard mini jet boat. We used to have a lot of fun just screaming up shallow creeks. Couldn’t really do any hunting with it as cargo space was limited but that thing was a lot of fun. I had a chance to buy it when he moved and I couldn’t because I’d just bought a sea ark jet boat. I really wish I could have though, that mini jet was easy to trailer and launch and great for a Saturday of exploring.

IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Have watched more than a few roll onto a gravel bar. Roll cages sure are nice on those. They have scared me a few times watching them roll. Seem easy to get upright and a buddy drag back to the water.

For the most part glad they watch. They are as hard to see sometimes as a motorcycle and I do my best to watch out for both but in the end the safety of fast and small lies with the driver of such and not me.

They will get you in some skinny water.

There is a creek... I know a guy that wants to run it to his cabin. With one. I simply can't see it being possible without a lot of damage but then again you never know... they can get small and skinny for sure.
With UHMW on the bottom and a 300hp Seadoo motor they will go about anywhere.

Last edited by Music_Man; 01/24/23.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That looks like fun. Hunting moose out of Delta we befriended a guy that had a mining claim just out of Delta and spent the evening’s drinking beer and eating moose stew while swatting mosquitoes and swapping lies. He had a Mokai jet kayak. It had a small Honda 4 stroke and small jet. He said that he could do 15 mph up stream and it was even stable enough for him to stand up and cast. It seemed pretty cool for what it was and it would be a cool way boondog from. I’m thinking about getting one for our place in Southeast since I could run directly from the salt up into the fresh water. Get 6 silvers in the salt and 6 more in the fresh…👍🏼

The aluminum mini jet is probably more fun.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaboku68
All the cool kids have them.

Quite fitting, cause they are cool.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Music_Man

Now we're talkin', if it was too underpowered to haul a Moose it'd be useless.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Music_Man

Now we're talkin', if it was too underpowered to haul a Moose it'd be useless.

I have seen two small boats haul 5 people, their gear and a fair bull moose in one trip. And they will go 50mph with the bigger engines and sip fuel. Riley has a had a hand in building quite a few of them.

JeffA Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A couple kids out in BB banged out this one in their 'spare time' from some 'scraps' they found layin' around.
A guy had given they the plans.

It was jetski powered, looked a bit heavy to me.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by JeffA
A couple kids out in BB banged out this one in their 'spare time' from some 'scraps' they found layin' around.
A guy had given they the plans.

It was jetski powered, looked a bit heavy to me.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

I've seen that boat before.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 1badf350, 19rabbit52, 50 invisible), 3,205 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,731
Posts18,535,099
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.