Hop To
Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bailed out a 5th cousin today who got a $1mill scratch off for Xmas a few yrs ago guess what “I’ll bring u $50 this week”

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good afternoon Sam, as everybody knows, I'm a semi-retired farmer. I never know how much I/we are going to make.
Sure you do.

Ever do YOY averages?

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wabi turned out to be another RoundOak. But, I think a few members have met him in the flesh.

That’s something RoundOak couldn’t do.

🦫

There are many ROundoaks on this board. I am quite sure Wabbi is not one of them. Stop and think if Roundoak got away for 10,000 posts , and 10 yrs of bs before he was really caught , how many here are full of BS when they post their wages. I have so many times caught guys here posting picks of their wives , smoking hot ,, just to remember a pick of their wife 5 yrs ago , and the other woman was nothing like the smoking hot one. How many times have we all heard they dated smoking hot babes,, ,, but dumped them cause they were nuts??? Truth, you got dumped!! How many guys here go on the girly page and post " I would tap her in a heartbeat, " when that woman would snub them faster than they can slap a tick. LOTS of BS , not just here but on some other boards. How ROundoak got away with it, I am not sure. His bucks were plausible if he really did live in Grant co. Wis. Bucks are huge there. Had me fooled. Only one time did I think he was BSing, when he shot a REAL dandy in Dickinson co. Upper Mich. They just dont grow them that big in that sand country up there. As for me, I posted I make about $55,000 a yr. I'm self employed carpenter. I cant imagine making what many say they make here. I am likely avr. american wage. My wife makes less than me . Because of my low wages I am very frugal , cause my last day of work is one accident away. I drive 09 Impala I bought for $9700 with tax 14 months ago , 44,700 miles on it. The Truck is an 06 GMC diesel, 301,000 on it. Boat is 32 yrs old and bought it new for $2,400 for new boat , older 25 horse Merc. and trailer. I hunt just a few miles from home 95% of the time on public . I have a cabin up north on 7 ac. on the Flambeau River in NW WIs . My dad gave me 7 ac. in central wi. on a river too. We have had some inheritance that is invested. $450K? house is payed 13 yrs ago. Kids dont need me for anything. They make more than me too. It is amazing how I have to be frugal to get to $1,000,000 in a retirement account just to get $30,000 in divies and the retirement plan keeps me poor. In all honesty, I feel left out when all the relatives run off to Arizona, , California, Ireland , and wife went to Egypt to visit out daughter. I stay home . I do hunt deer a lot cause its 5 miles away. I fish close by too. Many may say I'm whining. I'm not, strangely enough, I am quite happy. I tithe 10% to my local church, pay bills and still save 30% of my gross. However, I am eyeing up a Starcraft Freedom180T / 90 horse Yammi for $30,000 after tax. ... I am sure , I could always sell it for what I payed for it so I consider it part of my portfolio, snicker.

I’d hold off on buying that StarCraft. Give it 10 months, with the expected job lay-offs, you might be seeing all kinds of killer deals in men’s toys.

🦫
I was thinking that too. I just dont think boat sales are going to be all that good this year and there are more used ones at the boat shops .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by RHClark
I've never been hungry, or without a warm place to sleep, or good clothes, nor have I ever stressed about how much money I have.

Add to that good health and no kids on drugs, and you're filthy rich! Richly blessed is a better way to say it though.

Good health so far and 4 kids from 33 to 13. None ever in any trouble. Got one Nurse, one teacher, and one going into sports medicine. The 13-year-old is the only boy. I am just now remembering what a Neanderthal a 13-year-old boy is compared to a girl. Yes, sir I'm a blessed and happy man and I will be till I die because I choose to be.

I’d buy you a beer anytime.

Bravo.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My w-2 claims 51,000. Piss poor for a damn good carpenter with 30 years experience. But I guess the benefits, retirement account and company truck kind of make up for the low paychecks.

Don't let the name fool Ya!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
A bit over 100k. Driving a hazmat tractor trailer load of 20lb. propane cylinders, and tossing them in those cages in front of gas stations and grocery stores. Keeps me in shape, makes a good living. One of those jobs nobody would suspect pays as well as it does.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My quaint little abode...,

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I float about 1000 head of equine a year.

Looking to reduce that number.

We get about $170 a head.

Last edited by Angus1895; 01/24/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m a mechanic’s helper in a gas fired power plant Sam. So basically the shop gofer that has to do all the painting, sweeping, fire watch, hole watch, lift heavy stuff type things that nobody else wants or is too good to do. I’m also the groundskeeper, weed and pest sprayer, plumber, and road maintenance guy.

I’m the lowest rung on the totem pole. My only perk is that due to being an “unskilled” and “non essential” position I can take vacation whenever I want, the mechanics and electricians have to schedule their time off so there’s no more than 2 at a time gone.

Good news is that my foot is in the door and maybe someday a mechanic job will open. I’m actually well qualified for a mechanic position with my trade school, machine shop, and welding experience and overqualified for my current job. But I know people who’ve been trying for decades to get on here with no luck so I consider myself lucky.

The benefits are great, we get a pension plus 401k the company will match up to 12 percent. The medical is the main reason for me, I pay nothing out of my check for coverage and every January the company deposits half of our deductible amount in my HSA account. Without this we’d never be able to afford the incredibly expensive meds my wife has to have every month.

Last year with a small Christmas bonus and a couple hundred hours of overtime I paid taxes on right around $60k.

There’s an old timer mechanic who’s talking retirement in the spring. And my wife started working a few days a week at the little local grocery store here in town this week so things are looking up. It is also very cheap to live here compared to other areas of the country so we have that going for us.

IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by TheKid
I’m a mechanic’s helper in a gas fired power plant Sam. So basically the shop gofer that has to do all the painting, sweeping, fire watch, hole watch, lift heavy stuff type things that nobody else wants or is too good to do. I’m also the groundskeeper, weed and pest sprayer, plumber, and road maintenance guy.

I’m the lowest rung on the totem pole. My only perk is that due to being an “unskilled” and “non essential” position I can take vacation whenever I want, the mechanics and electricians have to schedule their time off so there’s no more than 2 at a time gone.

Good news is that my foot is in the door and maybe someday a mechanic job will open. I’m actually well qualified for a mechanic position with my trade school, machine shop, and welding experience and overqualified for my current job. But I know people who’ve been trying for decades to get on here with no luck so I consider myself lucky.

The benefits are great, we get a pension plus 401k the company will match up to 12 percent. The medical is the main reason for me, I pay nothing out of my check for coverage and every January the company deposits half of our deductible amount in my HSA account. Without this we’d never be able to afford the incredibly expensive meds my wife has to have every month.

Last year with a small Christmas bonus and a couple hundred hours of overtime I paid taxes on right around $60k.

There’s an old timer mechanic who’s talking retirement in the spring. And my wife started working a few days a week at the little local grocery store here in town this week so things are looking up. It is also very cheap to live here compared to other areas of the country so we have that going for us.

Wow! That's one sweet benefit package. A pension PLUS match up to 12% in the 401K? Is that a 1:1 match so 24% goes in with you contributing 12? If so, that's the best I've ever heard of. One you snag that promotion you be heading for early retirement. Hope it works out.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No, they match 1:1 up to 6% and then 1:2 up to 12%. So you have to put in 18% to get the full %12 but it’s still free money if you can spare it.

And unfortunately, unless there’s some medical breakthrough for my wife’s condition I doubt I’ll ever be able to retire. It’s nice to think about though.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TheKid
No, they match 1:1 up to 6% and then 1:2 up to 12%. So you have to put in 18% to get the full %12 but it’s still free money if you can spare it.

And unfortunately, unless there’s some medical breakthrough for my wife’s condition I doubt I’ll ever be able to retire. It’s nice to think about though.

That’s generous as hell.

Sorry about your wife.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The real question is - How far does your money go?

$60,000 per year in Havre MT or similar places put you in a pretty good income bracket. $60,000 per year in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, etc. puts you pretty much in the homeless bracket.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Thekid, where do you live that it is cheap?? Ans yes, location means a lot . I live in an avr. expense . Way cheaper than the east and west coast , but I could go way out in the country and live a lot cheaper.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m lucky, my union pension, teacher retirement and SS is a touch over 100,000, wifey knocks down 160,000, so we do good, everything is paid for. She has a good bit in her 401 also.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why would ever post this on a public forum ?
Telling every crook you re a prime target.
Then the IRS reads here too so you better not be hiding anything.
It seems egos outweigh common sense.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I don't make as much money ever since my printer broke.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not much as an enlisted man in the military. I started at about 450 a month gross and finished ten years later at about twice that. Starting from nothing and with nothing, it seemed like more at the time.

Worked my way up to top office person without a degree in a top shelf civil engineering firm in Birmingham, AL by age 36. I was making 60k gross and Mrs. Geno made 24k as a sit down restaurant manager in a very small town a couple counties away. I owned 6 small businesses in addition with the two best performers being earth moving (we had a backhoe and a tracked loader that stayed busy) and masonry (2 masons and 4 helpers) and did pretty well. For a decade, we lived off of 50k+/- a year and my highest earnings were just under 160k. Hers was 40k as an accountant. (Different Mrs. Geno back then)

Retired for 10 years, earned a BA in underwater archaeology and an MS in Geography (GIS and fluvial geomorphology).

I am back at work as a geospatial engineer (I build 3d models of the as-constructed utilities for google, facebook and microsoft data center sites) and made 91k last year (I could make 125+/- pretty easily if I wanted to do a real job with an office and a commute but I work from home in my underwear with a cocktail in hand and absolutely love the people I work with). Mrs. Geno earned a doctorate in literature and makes 60k as a university professor. Her pay will dramatically increase over the next few years as this is her first year at it but mine won't increase much other than cost of living.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MrMuskie
Why would ever post this on a public forum ?
Telling every crook you re a prime target.
Then the IRS reads here too so you better not be hiding anything.
It seems egos outweigh common sense.

Oh look, it's a concern troll.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 12 of 23 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,361
Posts18,506,347
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.