Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I love Berger bullets they shoot really well in several of my rifles. But I can’t shoot what I can’t get. It seems ridiculous that they can’t get caught up.
RANT OVER.

Last edited by Bkollock3470; 01/27/23.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What Berger bullet are you looking for exactly? I’ve found several different ones in the 18 months or so.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Berger hasn't been too bad.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Hudge I am looking for the 7mm168 classic hunter.

Last edited by Bkollock3470; 01/27/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
There are so many different bullets that work well. If you can't find one, experiment with another. Problem solved..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bkollock3470
Hudge I am looking for the 7mm168 classic hunter.

I can’t help with you that one. I think 7mm bullets have been some of the hardest to come by during this shortage. I found some 140 Gr 7mm Bergers about 6 months ago and jumped on them right away.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Bergers are bad to the bone no doubt, when I started having trouble finding them, I went to Hornady and never shot a berger again. Interlocks and elds. Interlock has become my favorite. Lots count of the deer and coyotes I've shot with an interlock. I see better trauma, blood trail, penetration, whatever with the Hornady. Just my opinion. I think it's a better hunting bullet. But I also keep everything 600 and in. My two cents.

Last edited by Coyote10; 01/28/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Coyote10
Bergers are bad to the bone no doubt, when I started having trouble finding them, I went to Hornady and never shot a berger again. Interlocks and elds. Interlock has become my favorite. Lots count of the deer and coyotes I've shot with an interlock. I see better trauma, blood trail, penetration, whatever with the Hornady. Just my opinion. I think it's a better hunting bullet. But I also keep everything 600 and in. My two cents.

Good post. Someone said 7mm bullets have been hard to find. Some maybe, but not all. As for the interlock: I totally agree. My last long range buck fell to a 162 btsp, in fact. Lasered at 648 yards with the angle comp on, since I was shooting down hill. Close to 700 yards with angle comp off. Interlocks are great bullets that work effectively near or far. They may not have the best bc, but get the job done. The op must shoot a hell of a long ways, if he thinks he absolutely needs a Berger. More power to him

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well stated……👍! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
7mm 162 eldx has been excellent for us in 7mm Rem Mags.

150 eldx the same in 7mm-08s.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Coyote10

so why is it that Hornady can supply bulllets when the other manufacturers are claiming to always be out?

This crap is being orchestrated by the government... I'd bet Biden is taking the increase in taxation, and paying bullet manufacturers NOT to produce product. Sounds Tin Foil Hat-ish? Well they have been paying farmers since the 1960s to NOT grow crops, to create lesser supply, to jack up pricing in the market... what makes anyone think, bullets, powder, primers would be immune to their shenanigans? especially when it is convenient for them to do so? Trump got into office in 2018 and suddenly availability was all over the place, and dramatically reduced prices...before Biden's Administration, CCI primers were $22.00 a brick...and S&B primers were $15 a brick at Cabelas.... bought them at that price for 4 years, spending about $100 a month when I went by Cabelas in my business Travels each month.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Gun control deal I guess, take away ammo, stop people from using guns. Don't know for sue. But a berger is a Sierra matchking with a different profile. Hunting vld because it says hunting on the box. Take the TV shows out of the equation and they are moderately priced. I went Hornady interlock in a 243 to shoot coyotes one winter/spring because they were cheap. Shot about 30 of them suckers with the same result out to 350 or so. Quarter sized exit and serious trauma to the cavity. Get to fall and I shoot a few depredation does with it. Same result. Loaded some up in 06 and 6.5x06 and same deal out to 500. Some ended up on the offside shoulder just under the skin with the 30-06. However, those deer were shocked by that bullet and if they did run, they made it a little ways with massive blood trails. They hold up good and at the same time rip the heck outta of tissue. Since then ive killed a 100 plus animals with a 100 in 6mm, a 150 in 30, and a 140 in 6.5 and I'm sold on them. Way cheaper and I think they perform great.

Last edited by Coyote10; 01/28/23.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BSA, I said 7mm/.284 bullets have been hard to find for the most part, unless the box says Hornady. I was buying 150 gr. ELD-X’s in 21 and 22 when nothing else was to be found.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hudge
BSA, I said 7mm/.284 bullets have been hard to find for the most part, unless the box says Hornady. I was buying 150 gr. ELD-X’s in 21 and 22 when nothing else was to be found.

You live in AK, so bullets may be harder to find there. I have been buying a lot of 140gr TTSX's for my 7mm's. Even 140gr TSX's were very available:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I lucked in to 2 boxes of these ^^^^^ For $25.00 last year. Then a lady at a LGS had some of the same bullets for $35, so I bought about 4 boxes last summer and recently bought 3 more boxes from her. I also found some 140gr TSX for $25/box. Sometimes you get into an area where they don't sell well and you can get great deals on them. What I'm saying is, if you look around, there are some damn good deals out there. You just have to be willing to look around.. That may not be as possible where you live though. ..

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I love Berger bullets they shoot really well in several of my rifles. But I can’t shoot what I can’t get. It seems ridiculous that they can’t get caught up.
RANT OVER.

So what bullets are you shooting instead?

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Berger hasn't been too bad.

sites I go onto on line, seem to be out of every normal bullet that people use...

but they always seem to have plenty of Bergers.... guess the price keeps them being readily available on line..

Nosler's pricing? they must have hired some drug dealer as their marketing manager...Affirmative Action and all...Paco Guzman-Rodriquez or something like that...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Hudge

You live in AK, so bullets may be harder to find there. I have been buying a lot of 140gr TTSX's for my 7mm's. Even 140gr TSX's were very available:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I lucked in to 2 boxes of these ^^^^^ For $25.00 last year. Then a lady at a LGS had some of the same bullets for $35, so I bought about 4 boxes last summer and recently bought 3 more boxes from her. I also found some 140gr TSX for $25/box. Sometimes you get into an area where they don't sell well and you can get great deals on them. What I'm saying is, if you look around, there are some damn good deals out there. You just have to be willing to look around.. That may not be as possible where you live though. ..

Yeah, I hit numerous gun stores within an hour or so of the house every few weeks. I do have 2 boxes of 145gr. LRX’s I bought a little while back for the .280 Rem. I’ve been looking 2+ years for some 139 gr. LRX’s. I did luck out last spring and get a few boxes of 140 gr. Nosler BT’s. It’s not like I can’t shoot at all, just can’t try certain bullets.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hammers....and they won't go splat

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I guess I am just a creature of habit. The bergers shoot really well and get the job done. It just amazes me that they produce a product that has been unavailable for over a year.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I guess I am just a creature of habit. The bergers shoot really well and get the job done. It just amazes me that they produce a product that has been unavailable for over a year.

I was just at Scheels. They had a schidt load of Berger bullets there. I don't shoot them, so I didn't look to see which ones they carry. My old boss used to use them and brag about shooting 3" groups at 400 yards. I laugh at that one. Check out Scheels website and see what they have listed. I believe they even ship, but not sure.

Edit: I just looked and they have the 180's in stock. What more do you want?

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,913
Posts18,498,314
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.