bludog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
"If the world hates you remember that it hated Me first."

John 15:18

Have a blessed day.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Great reminder bluedog. Many thanks, you have a God-filled day as well!

Paul

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I would suggest that the verse should help a person not seek everyone's approval to do what they know is right, rather than using it to justify being an ass. Have a nice day.

B
bludog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Jesus' words brother. Not sure how you took it, but no hidden agenda here. Just a reminder that we will be hated and persecuted because we are followers of Christ.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus prophecy shows up regularly here on the Fire.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Years ago, a bud and I commited the 14th, 15th and 16th chapters to memory.

ya!

GWB

15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18[/b] If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.[b]

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by bludog

Have a blessed day.

Thanks for bringing the Truth to be seen.

It is so obvious that we believers are being labeled as the bad guys.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
1 Corinthians 1:18-31

1:18 For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

1:19 For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart."

1:20 Where is the one who is wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, God decided, through the foolishness of our proclamation, to save those who believe.

1:22 For Jews demand signs and Greeks desire wisdom,

1:23 but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

1:24 [/b]but to those who are the called,[b] both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1:25 For God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God's weakness is stronger than human strength.

1:26 Consider your own call, brothers and sisters: not many of you were wise by human standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.

1:27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;

1:28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, things that are not, to reduce to nothing things that are,

1:29 so that no one might boast in the presence of God.

1:30 He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

1:31 in order that, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

TULIP

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/29/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes Indeed.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
+10000

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ezekiel 25:17

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Matthew 6:24

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Thank y’all for that. I needed it

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the great word of GOD

MOLON LABE
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It amazes me that some think ( maybe hope ) there is no God, when the devil is so plainly evident in our world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bludog

Have a blessed day.

The key to that verse is that the whole world hates Jesus (God). It is in our human nature. No one is exempt.

Romans 3:10-12 New International Version
As it is written: “There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”

Unless God puts His nature in us to replace ours we will have no choice in the matter but to hate Him. Threads like these are good examples of this when you read the replies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
TULIP

+1

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hesp
It amazes me that some think ( maybe hope ) there is no God, when the devil is so plainly evident in our world.
I often think the same.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,869
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.