Made my first trip of the year to fish salmon on the lake michigan side of the state. I bought a rookie with me, my son-in-laws brother. Talk about loving it when a plan plan comes togeather!

We launched at Ludington, ran up the 10 miles to Sable Point before sunrise. Arriving at the area I wanted to set up, we were seeing plenty of fish on the graph. Fish were being marked from 50' to 80' down over 110' foot af water. Setting lines, my downrigger with a probe was the first to go down. When the probe got to 50' I had the magic 55 degree temp, at 80' I had 49 degrees- good enough for laketrout. Just had our line set when the action started. All in all we picked up 4 nice kings between 12 to 24lbs, not a bad showing for a newbie. We won't discuss the 3 fish I lost (one was a break-off), Kevin lost two of his own. The lake behaved itself all day. The weather treated us with a beautiful sunrise over the sand dunes, to the crystal blue skies. Wind was just enough to cool us down, put a slight chop on the water to cut down on glare. One of the nicest day's I've spent on the water!