Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been watching commercials for it

its some kind of device that is implanted on you and while you sleep it stimulates muscles to make sure you airway stays open while you sleep

It implies its only for people where traditional CPAP doesn't work but I'd love to not have to carry a CPAP with me when I go somewhere.

The internal battery lasts 11 years.

Wondering if anyone has it.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/12/23.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
SnoreRx for me.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've looked at those, and it may be all marketing but there seems to be a distinction between an anti-snore device and one that addresses sleep apnea.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I thought the two were closely related.

If you can cure the snore, does that cure the apnea?

My snoring is gone.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I bet it comes with a year’s supply of bologna virus boosters.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

My snoring is gone.

P
I don't know, I talked to my doc about getting a mouthpiece and she said that may not fix the apnea

I have a love/hate thing for my CPAP machine. I know I need but I wish I never had it

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Give SnoreRx a shot. Might surprise you.

It might not, but it might.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

My snoring is gone.

P
I don't know, I talked to my doc about getting a mouthpiece and she said that may not fix the apnea

I have a love/hate thing for my CPAP machine. I know I need but I wish I never had it

That is true. I didn't snore much but did wake up frequently.
The CPAP worked wonders for me.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The main types of sleep apnea are:

Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), which is the more common form that occurs when throat muscles relax and block the flow of air into the lungs

Central sleep apnea (CSA), which occurs when the brain doesn't send proper signals to the muscles that control breathing

Treatment-emergent central sleep apnea, also known as complex sleep apnea, which happens when someone has OSA — diagnosed with a sleep study — that converts to CSA when receiving therapy for OSA

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sleep-apnea/symptoms-causes/syc-20377631

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I read a very interesting book called BREATH by James Nestor. In one chapter he talks about the problem with breathing while asleep. For snorers he gives several work-a-rounds; one was applying s small piece of tape to the lips just below the nose. It reduces breathing through the mouth but gives the sleeper the ability to blow around the tape without causing alarm. I tried it and got my wife to try it AND IT WORKS! I recommend anyone with sleep apnea to give it a try at bedtime. It helped me and was a very inexpensive experiment.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

its some kind of device that is implanted on you and while you sleep it stimulates muscles to make sure you airway stays open while you sleep

It implies its only for people where traditional CPAP doesn't work but I'd love to not have to carry a CPAP with me when I go somewhere.

When i checked on it it was the cost, early on it was $60k for the operation and equipment. There were questions on how long batteries would last and cost to replace them,,$20k

Ted
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
After my divorce and I was out running the women, I would never spend the night with a woman or let her crash at my house because of the CPAP. Just didn't want to be looking like Cobra Commander and I didn't want my kids to see women spending the night. Kind of glad of the CPAP cause in retrospect, it helped me keep a lot of the riff-raff at bay and progressing too far.

-Piss into the wind.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by old_willys

When i checked on it it was the cost, early on it was $60k for the operation and equipment. There were questions on how long batteries would last and cost to replace them,,$20k

welp, that ends this discussion for me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
CPAP works wonders for me as well. When my batteries died while boondocks camping in Nova Scotia last year, i was without the CPAP from midnight on. Next day traveling to Maine, i took 2 naps.

I use it every night. If I can somehow loose 40 pounds that may allow me to get off the machine.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just more pharmaceutical company BS to get money from the people. What did your grandparents do for snoring? My wife woke me up snoring last night so I returned the favor this morning.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Had a CPAP since 1999 and wouldn't be alive today if I hadn't got it. With all the other scrap implanted in me I don't want anything else, especially for $60K.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The cost is why every commercial for it says only for people that can not use a cpap otherwise your medical insurance will not cover

Ted
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sleep apnea and cpap therapy is ABSOLUTELY not pharmacological company bs, it is real.
The cpap therapy has been a life changing (for the better) deal for me.
Sleep apnea is much more complex than just snoring. A person can snore and not have sleep apnea.
Snoring can be a symptom of apnea but it takes a sleep study to determine if you actually have sleep apnea.
In my sleep study they found that my blood oxygen sats dropped to 78% within 2 hours of sleep putting me at high risk of having a coronary.
With cpap my oxygen sats stay in the mid to upper 90% range and I actually get a good night's sleep.
Prior to cpap I never slept well and never reached rem sleep-- something your body needs.
I've been using cpap since 2005 and would not ever want to be without it.
So, yes, it's a real thing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have both obstructive and central. They told me that Inspire would not be for me. Besides, the cost was absurd. Guess I'm stuck with the damn BiPap machine.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KSMITH
After my divorce and I was out running the women, I would never spend the night with a woman or let her crash at my house because of the CPAP. Just didn't want to be looking like Cobra Commander and I didn't want my kids to see women spending the night. Kind of glad of the CPAP cause in retrospect, it helped me keep a lot of the riff-raff at bay and progressing too far.
The Lord works in mysterious ways.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (19rabbit52, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,872 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,550
Posts18,510,271
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.