Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I spend a lot of time behind my telescope and binoculars star gazing.
So I am use to seeing shooting star, aurora, planes, helicopter and satellites traveling around 17,000 mph. One night I was watching a satellite traveling south to north. Late at night, not a single jet engine. When the satellite was directly over my house, From the south east horizon an object came in at a rate of speed so fast, it caught up to the satellite. Not a sound. It came very close to the satellite. Slowed down and tracked parallel to the satellite for a short time. Then it sped up and travelled to the NE horizon and was gone , while the satellite was still in view and traveling the same course north . The satellite was in view for another 2 minutes or so. The other object was long gone.

Generally a satellite traveling across the horizons N to S or W to E is visible for around 6-7 minutes max. The object that flew in, caught up to the satellite, slowing down , paralleling it, and then flying away at incredible speed , that was visible about 45 seconds.
I don’t know what I saw.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
I have. No comment further, but I had three other friends with me who saw the same thing...

Come on man…I’m a believer

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my 40 plus years of hunting predators at night in mainly So Cal and Nevada and mostly by my lonesome with many of those hunts surounding whats know as area 51 in So Nevada. I've seen 4 different anomalys two of which I was not able to figure out after several minutes of observation. One sorta looked like the UFO actor Russel Crow filmed out of his office window in New Zealand (Google it) only it was at a higher elevation off the horizon and in plain view at dusk toward the North East. After it streaked accross the sky for about 15 seconds it blinked out, real freaky. This was a few years before Crow filmed his. The one I observed was in So Cal in an area where Edwards AFB, China Lake Navel Weapons Center and the Randsburg Wash Weapons Testing area converg so I'm almost certain it was one of ours but who knows. I've never seen an absolute solid craft..

Coyotes shot no waiting.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
My dad and his friend did in the late 60s near Albion ID. The were both sober and told the same story. My mom says she still remembers the night he came home looking like he'd seen a ghost and he could barely speak. He says nothing from this world could fly the way it did as quietly as it did. He's still convinced it had to be alien.

Years later in about 1991 two of guys i knew a little bit from the cruise up town said they saw a ufo out on the desert near jackpot Nevada. They described the same type of movement and lights my dad did. They tried to chase it down and all the electrical in their Toyota 4x4 fried and left them stranded. They lost the alternator, battery, starter, and several other things all at the same time. I heard about because they wanted me to help repair their amplifiers. All the capacitors in the power supplys and all the output transistors were fried. The coil transformers in the powersupplies were totally melted together. I never seen an Amp so fried as the ones in that truck. Especially Orion hcca red high current 1/2 ohm rated ones. Looked like lightning hit the circuit boards.

Bb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure, but sure saw something I couldn't explain.

Germany, about 1989. Sitting out back behind the clubhouse (closed, but had a nice fire pit I'd throw a fire on sometimes) on a small NATO Caserne (barracks). Back there alone, and I see something streaking in the sky. Looking up I'm thinking "shooting star". Then the meteor takes about a 45* turn up. I'm still thinking meteor bounced off the atmosphere? Then a couple seconds later, another 45* turn or so back in original direction, until it went out of sight.

No idea, but has be baffled to this day.

This was not long before the air force was scrambling F-16s in Belgium to chase down unknown objects.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m waiting for the anal probing stories.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I’m waiting for the anal probing stories.
I'm certain Flave will have a few to share after he's released LOL

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Saw three crazy glowing orbs about the size of maybe cantaloupes
Floating just above the water off a pier in Nags Head. They suddenly shot off over the Atlantic due East and diss appeared. My daughter and father saw it also and my daughter still talks about it.
It was wild as scheit. Maybe 20 people out there and no one could explain it.

I saw something similar at Lake Powell in the mid 90's. Clear night, no wind. We spotted a white non blinking light at undetermined distance moving east to west about 30 degrees off the horizon. Stopped. Hovered for less than a minute. No sound at all. Then it shot off across a solid angle of at least 30 degrees in less than a second and was gone. Freaked me out. No alcohol involved. Nothing manmade accelerates like that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got orbs on my trail camera last year for whatever that's worth. Weren't natural. Deer in the frame at the same time paid no notice to it.

LOL
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yes, a long time ago.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope, but hope to sometime.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I thought I saw one while traveling acoss the midwest one time....But it turned out to be bird sheet on my windshield grin

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Seen 2 different ones 2 different times with 2
different people, both unexplainable.
One was with a friend at his property when we
were working on things to get ready for his
house. He called to me around 3AM to come
over and look and see if I saw what he was seeing.
A bright triangle of lights were hovering about a
mile to the north of his property. No noise of
any kind, and no coyotes howling as usual or
any night noises like were out in the "country "
like it was at that time. No houses for several
miles. No nothing. Don't remember exactly how
long it was hovering, but the thing turned sideways
and hauled a$$ at a high rate of speed with no
noise.
Another was with my BIL about 9PM on a
isolated county road on the way to pick up a
flatbed trailer. There's a stretch where the road
passes between 2 big cattle ranches, and there's
no driveways or side roads or houses nearby.
Somehow 2 headlights appeared behind us
and my BIL asked me where in the world that
guy came from before I could ask him. The
lights disappeared about 2 minutes later.
Nobody there, no place to turn around or pull
into.
A few years ago during hunting season,
I was walking down to the creek bottoms
across an open meadow, and the sky lit up
as if somebody was shining a spotlight. When
I looked up, there was a V shaped span of bright
lights probably a mile wide that disappeared
after probably 20 seconds. I found later that
there was supposed to have been a meteor
shower of some kind, so that might be an
explanation for that time

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The closest I’ve been to seeing one was going to Marfa, Texas.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had "lights" following my truck one evening about 15 years ago. I couldn't tell what it was but it was 2 greenish circling lights. When I got home, my wife and son had been watching and said "what was that? They said it was following right behind the truck for about 1/2 mile and then shot straight up into the sky and disappeared. We're out in the country and it was long before drones were everywhere.
I have never seen anything like it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Saw three crazy glowing orbs about the size of maybe cantaloupes
Floating just above the water off a pier in Nags Head. They suddenly shot off over the Atlantic due East and diss appeared. My daughter and father saw it also and my daughter still talks about it.
It was wild as scheit. Maybe 20 people out there and no one could explain it.

I saw something similar at Lake Powell in the mid 90's. Clear night, no wind. We spotted a white non blinking light at undetermined distance moving east to west about 30 degrees off the horizon. Stopped. Hovered for less than a minute. No sound at all. Then it shot off across a solid angle of at least 30 degrees in less than a second and was gone. Freaked me out. No alcohol involved. Nothing manmade accelerates like that.

20 years ago or so. 2 of us taking a break from skinning a bear out in the fur shed. Late night late September. Calm clear night no moon. Looking up we saw a small light terrifically hi that was going at unfathomable speeds, stopping dead, instant direction changes…. Incredible. Somewhere between 5-10 minutes then instantly shot off westward and gone.
Nothing imaginable can move like that over such distances.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. Once. And the friend I was with saw the same thing.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
There were 4 adults and 10 kids in 1974 that saw something just over us.... big and moving very slowly with blinking lights. Then all of a sudden it was miles away and rotating very slowly... we still speak of it and no one knows what we saw.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've never seen anything remotely considered a UFO.

But then I have such a charmed life

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
2 in Maine summer 1980.

In great detail....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 6mmbrfan, 257 roberts, 21, 2500HD, 23 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,086
Posts18,501,709
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.