Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Bay_Dog Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I've had a couple of 90's manufacture Weaver Classic scopes, which I believe were manufactured in Japan. It looks like these are manufactured in Korea. Is the quality the same? They look pretty good for the price.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The new Weaver Classics are very good. They are proprietary to Natchez Shooters Supply.

Good shootin' -Al

Forbidden Zoner
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
The new Weaver Classics are very good. They are proprietary to Natchez Shooters Supply.

Good shootin' -Al

Thanks for the report, Al.

I mounted the latest iteration of Bushnell Elite up for an acquaintance's son last year. They are also built in Korea, and I was told by a Bushnell rep that they are substantially the same as the Natchez Weavers. Seemed a lot of scope for the money. View was very good and it adjusted as it was supposed to on a quick static test I ran through before heading to the range. Can't report on long term ruggedness, but it seemed a decent option for someone looking for a non dialing, duplex reticle scope.

Overall, as far as I know, it seems the Korean Bushies have always been pretty solid. A lot of guys hereabouts ran the 1.5-4 or 5 Bushie with circle plex on levers and woods rifles that were used for snow tracking, still hunting, and big woods pushes, wherein close up shots at moving game in heavy cover were common. Likewise, I know a few guys that had dedicated slug shotguns so equiped, and they did so deliberately because slug shooting auto shotguns had a habit of making scopes go wonky.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus

Good shootin' -Al

Thanks for the report, Al.

I mounted the latest iteration of Bushnell Elite up for an acquaintance's son last year. They are also built in Korea, and I was told by a Bushnell rep that they are substantially the same as the Natchez Weavers. Seemed a lot of scope for the money. View was very good and it adjusted as it was supposed to on a quick static test I ran through before heading to the range. Can't report on long term ruggedness, but it seemed a decent option for someone looking for a non dialing, duplex reticle scope.

Overall, as far as I know, it seems the Korean Bushies have always been pretty solid. A lot of guys hereabouts ran the 1.5-4 or 5 Bushie with circle plex on levers and woods rifles that were used for snow tracking, still hunting, and big woods pushes, wherein close up shots at moving game in heavy cover were common. Likewise, I know a few guys that had dedicated slug shotguns so equiped, and they did so deliberately because slug shooting auto shotguns had a habit of making scopes go wonky.

I’ve got two of the newer Bushnell Elites and have been happy with them. I also have a couple of the idler Elite 3200’s and used to run quite a few of the older Weaver scopes back about 15-20 years ago. I thought they were good scopes for the money. I’ve been looking at the new Natchez Weavers and thought they closely resembled the new Elites. Would make sense as they are owned by the same company.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have elite 4200's and am 0leased. I sent a 3200 firefly to my son in trade for a Simmons Whitetail Expedition AO.
He needed better glass, I put the Simmons on my 10-22.

Last edited by Nessmuk; 02/19/23. Reason: My big fat fingers hit the numbers instead of the letters.

I am the NorthEast WoodsBeast!

"System version 1.3, divorced"
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.