Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
He had the distinction of being the worst POTUS from 1977 - 2009. He goes out in 3rd place. Hope that gives him some solice.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
.... gullible people who think Carter was a "good man".

A whole bunch of people seem to confuse sanctimonious self-righteousness with "being a good man".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
55 MPH national speed limit.
Carter sucked, but that was Nixon.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RufusG

A whole bunch of people seem to confuse sanctimonious self-righteousness with "being a good man".

The effort to eradicate guinea worm disease is a "good" thing.

Guinea worm disease could be second ever human illness to be eradicated

Only 13 cases of guinea worm disease were reported worldwide in 2022, a provisional figure that if confirmed would be the smallest ever documented, the US-based Carter Center has said.

The tiny number of cases, down from 15 the previous year, is the result of more than four decades of global efforts to stamp out the parasitic disease by mobilising communities and improving drinking water quality in transmission hotspots.

If those efforts ultimately prove successful, guinea worm will not only be the second disease in history to be eradicated, after smallpox, it will be the first to be wiped out without a vaccine or medicine.

“Our partners, especially those in the affected villages, work with us daily to rid the world of this scourge. We are heartened that eradication can be achieved soon,” said Jimmy Carter, the former US president who co-founded the Carter Center in 1982.

When the centre took on leadership of the global eradication programme in 1986, about 3.5 million human cases were recorded annually in 21 countries in Africa and Asia. Pakistan, India and Uganda are among the countries that have eradicated it. Last year the Democratic Republic of the Congo joined the list.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't say anything rude about him but will paraphrase what a friend living in Plains at that time had to say. At best a hypocrite, his black mistresses were shuttled into the state capitol during his tenure and she doubted it changed in the white house. She stated he had at least two blow bys with one of them. At her socio-economic level she heard lots of things. Purely anecdotal, take for what it's worth. I won't miss him.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

[Linked Image from cdn.pixabay.com]

The posts on this forum never cease to amaze me

How can a person have this much hate

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

I wonder the same thing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by RufusG

The effort to eradicate guinea worm disease is a "good" thing.

Guinea worm disease could be second ever human illness to be eradicated

Only 13 cases of guinea worm disease were reported worldwide in 2022, a provisional figure that if confirmed would be the smallest ever documented, the US-based Carter Center has said.

The tiny number of cases, down from 15 the previous year, is the result of more than four decades of global efforts to stamp out the parasitic disease by mobilising communities and improving drinking water quality in transmission hotspots.

If those efforts ultimately prove successful, guinea worm will not only be the second disease in history to be eradicated, after smallpox, it will be the first to be wiped out without a vaccine or medicine.

“Our partners, especially those in the affected villages, work with us daily to rid the world of this scourge. We are heartened that eradication can be achieved soon,” said Jimmy Carter, the former US president who co-founded the Carter Center in 1982.

When the centre took on leadership of the global eradication programme in 1986, about 3.5 million human cases were recorded annually in 21 countries in Africa and Asia. Pakistan, India and Uganda are among the countries that have eradicated it. Last year the Democratic Republic of the Congo joined the list.
Pales in comparison to the millions who have suffered under despotic regimes that he facilitated.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

I wonder the same thing.

Maybe leaving people behind doesn't rest easy with some people.

Someone mentioned if Trump had "half his character".

This country is fugged because people just can't decipher actions and words then apply the word character.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

Go vote democrat then. Dont know what to tell you. Carter was awful. He brought the country to its knees. One of the worst ever. Then he backed the evil demonrat party until he was too damn old to understand anything. Fugg him. Hope hes worm food sooner rather than later

Last edited by gunchamp; 02/19/23.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Get over yourselves. The other side is at war with you and youre sittinf here acting like carter was some good man. None of them are. Every last one of the corksuckers can rot in hell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
“A decent man”. Fucq.

A decent man wouldn’t have screwed up the country like he did. Just because he hid behind a bible and was was a smooth talking southern gentleman doesn’t make him a decent man FFS.

DigitalDan is spot on.( as usual)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

Go vote democrat then. Dont know what to tell you. Carter was awful. He brought the country to its knees. One of the worst ever. Then he backed the evil demonrat party until he was too damn old to understand anything. Fugg him. Hope hes worm food sooner rather than later

Nothing surprises me on this forum anymore

Good luck to you sir

Mathew 5:22

Last edited by cooperfan; 02/20/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably the worst President in my lifetime.

That being said, I find it hard to hate the man. He was a nice guy who wasn't qualified to be President.

He did more for the USA and humanity after his presidency. That will be his legacy and I think history in general will treat him well.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
99, spot on.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 99guy
Probably the worst President in my lifetime.

That being said, I find it hard to hate the man. He was a nice guy who wasn't qualified to be President.

He did more for the USA and humanity after his presidency. That will be his legacy and I think history in general will treat him well.

What is the matter with you? Have you been in a cave for 20 years?

No way in hell Carter caused the problems that the 3 musketeers of Clinton, Bush jr, Obama and Biden…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Won't miss him.

His Lord awaits.

The posts on this forum never cease to amaze m

Nothing surprises me on this forum anymore

Good luck to you sir

Mathew 5:22
I find it commical that any american citizen actual gives a real chit about any politician. Some of you are just fuggin dumb as a box of rocks

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is that pos Democrat dead yet????

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Can’t ever forgive his pardon of the Vietnam draft dodgers that fled to Canada and elsewhere. May he rot in hell with Hanoi jane and the rest of their ilk. Fu k them all

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve always found it impossible for me to hate him. I hated his presidency and his policies but he was one <rare> person that I separated his personal life from his political life and had 2 concurrent opinions about him. I think he was a terrible politician and president but I believe that he was a good man. I’ll probably be roasted for saying that.

Jimmy Carter is a rare exception to the seething hatred I harbor for liberals.

When he passes I hope he can RIP and I hope that his end is easy.

I can agree with that. He had about as much business being president as I do, as he was in way over his head. But, I believe he was basically a good Christian man, although too liberal in some of his views. Easily the weakest president in my lifetime until Biden came along.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 51 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,100
Posts18,502,087
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.