Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
on their power equipment...

Found this out over the last 3 weeks... Bought a chain saw, ( Ryobi) and brought it home and then took it back as it has work for 3 tanks of gas and wouldn't start after filling up the 4th tank of fuel....cutting up a large oak that had been knocked over in a high wind in late January...

Take it back to the repair shop at H.D. and they proudly tell me they are no longer doing any work on gas power equipment... and give me a list of somewhere to take it... I take it there and they tell me they only have a contract to work on electric equipment, nothing that takes gas...

So I take it back and they give me another new one... Same thing.. lasts 3 tanks of fuel, and won't start...check with the outside shop they had sent me to the day before... three repair shops have a contract with H.D. two of them are 250 miles away, and the third is 300 miles away...
Plus its the customers cost to get them there and to retrieve them...

Take that one back and they give me a gift card for the return... for what I paid for it. That was a week ago....

Go to a H.D to purchase a third one, just so I can get my money out of a new one by selling it... I'm not real impressed with their attitude, to doing business with them much anymore... the store didn't have ANY thing that ran on gas except 3 left over lawn mowers.. they send me to another store that has 4 in stock.... they are phasing them out now because they are only going to sell electric stuff... yet still try and sell me an extended 2 year warranty, when they aren't repairing anything....Good Old Corporate America under democRATS..

All of this has taken place over the last 3 weeks... just as the NEW policies here on no longer carrying gasoline powered equipment.

Personally I hope Home Depot looses their ass on this new change... Loews have no such plans at this point, and are still repairing Gasoline power equipment at their local store... Guess I am going to change where I spent my money, even if it is 30 miles away from here....

Way to go Brandon....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I’m exploring the idea of buying a battery operated generator. 🤔 No luck so far.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No power equipment shops in the NW?

No way would I be taking something that needs fixed to a Depot or Lowes.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/25/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
If true, they evidently they have no idea where electricity comes from.

Last edited by Winchester21; 02/25/23.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
That’s the Part of the Equation where the Left’s Synapse in their Brains stop processing Outcum’s

It utterly amazing how they can function on their lack of Finishing an Outcum ..

There’s Millions of Them and they got the Steering Wheel of this Country ..

Go ahead Shake their Hand or call them Pard ..

F’ck All..

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Nothing like that here in SC. HD is about eight minutes from my house. Full of gas powered equipment. Even the big zero turn mowers. Bought one of those last summer. Can cut the grass in ten or fifteen minutes now. I use the battery powered stuff for the accessories. Edger, trimmer, blower, circular saw.... I do have an EGO chainsaw as I can't use a gas powered one because of my ICD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny. I didn't know they had a maintenance shop. I normally wrench on my own schitt anyway.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I didn’t know ryobi made chainsaws but guess they do. If you’ve a Tractor Supply get a Jonesered. 392 XP husqy in a different color. Mine’s been bulletproof and I’m not a regular user so it often sits neglected. Still fires up and cuts anything I need it to provided I keep a blade sharp.

I’m the opposite with Lowe’s being closer and did notice the HD hedge trimmers and what not are no longer gas. Just a quick pass through the aisle but seems their ads push electric mowers too. Think Mom has one up in NY. I don’t know if it works but she has a tiny yard in a community and probably has a neighbor doing it. Battery tech isn’t there IMO.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Well OP your in Oregon right? How do we know you were'nt high on whackey weed and just left the choke on too long.. haha

Seriously did you ask if this is an Oregon thing with HD? I see plenty of gas stuff at my local HD here in UT. Can you order online for store pickup or home delivery?

BTW never knew HD wrenched on stuff. Also bought a plugin echo pole chain saw at HD years ago. Been a great tool and while infrequent use been used hard on 3 properties for storm, spring cleaning and tree removals. Great companion to a gas saw and really nice for limbing and cutting up to 8-10" stuff. Lots of small jobs it is all I use.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Must by why a good portion of Oregon is breaking away to be a part of Idaho.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
I’m exploring the idea of buying a battery operated generator. 🤔 No luck so far.
Cooling system uses dehydrated water?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
WMR

Milwaukee makes a battery powered generator.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why not spend a few bucks more and buy a saw that isn't a pos?

I used to like home depot until they went all ghey, quit going there.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
didnt you guys vote to go all electric?...if so how is this a brandon thing?....you voted it in.....bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missouri Home Depot’s must be different. Closest one has 5 models for 33 total Echos in stock. For Ryobi they have 3 models for 15 total in stock. That’s just chainsaws. They typically have racks of weed eaters and leaf blowers as well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
HD local policy aside, your "three tank" issue might be the gas you're using. Unless you use non-ethanol gas, small engines go south in a hurry.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
on their power equipment...

Found this out over the last 3 weeks... Bought a chain saw, ( Ryobi) and brought it home and then took it back as it has work for 3 tanks of gas and wouldn't start after filling up the 4th tank of fuel....cutting up a large oak that had been knocked over in a high wind in late January...

Take it back to the repair shop at H.D. and they proudly tell me they are no longer doing any work on gas power equipment... and give me a list of somewhere to take it... I take it there and they tell me they only have a contract to work on electric equipment, nothing that takes gas...

So I take it back and they give me another new one... Same thing.. lasts 3 tanks of fuel, and won't start...check with the outside shop they had sent me to the day before... three repair shops have a contract with H.D. two of them are 250 miles away, and the third is 300 miles away...
Plus its the customers cost to get them there and to retrieve them...

Does the state of OR allow you to fill your chainsaw fuel-tank yourself? Or, is it like your vehicle where someone who's been trained to handle fuel comes out and fills it for you?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't found a chain saw at any of the big box stores I'd spend the money on. I have bought all of my saws at lawn and power shop stores. Guys who fix and repair what they sell. They tend to stand behind their products as well. Pay a bit more but buy once and cry once.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am on my second Ryobi chainsaw, and they have been the easiest and most dependable starting saw that I have ever used. I ran over the first one with my truck, and got a another just like it. I don't uses mine often but it always starts right up. You do have to prime it using the bulb that is built in. pull the choke and it holds the trigger fixed. When it starts, or hits push the choke in and do not touch the trigger. Pull the rope again and let it run a bit after it starts, until you move the trigger. Works every time. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Youngest bought a Husqy from TSC during the 2021 "Little Ice Age"! Had to have wood for the fireplace! 😳

The kid don't use the saw. It's been in the carport. We winter in south Texas. I use the saw every year. Starts on the 3rd pull every time.
Only use the "canned" 50:1 gas.

I cut up enough mesquite to do some bbqing each winter. 😁

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

66 members (7mm_Loco, 35, 6mmbrfan, 1_deuce, 338Rules, 8 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,948
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.