Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by Morewood
These California bashing threads never grow old.

🤣

A lot of ignorance here.
Don't blame them...they don't know what they don't know...

California the state is an amazing place. You can pretty much drive 4 hours in any direction and do just about anything. It is unfortunate what the liberals have turned it into.

Though I now reside in Utah I still miss the places I used to hunt and fish.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Laffin' here I am. Posted the original only 'cause it was funny. Now half of ya got your shorts in a great big knot. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Laffin' here I am. Posted the original only 'cause it was funny. Now half of ya got your shorts in a great big knot. laugh
I appreciated it!
Can't deny funny.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Even in downtown Seattle or NYC you'll find some deep red people. As a whole, though, those cities and the state of CA vote blue and when a lot of people from CA move to another area, it gets a lot bluer.

I don't know how they can stand it. I have zero tolerance for leftists. I don't have to deal with many out here. But on those rare occasions when I encounter one, I immediately find something else to occupy myself with.

I seriously can't imagine living in a sea of those schitt for brains people.

If you’re fortunate and have the financial resources,

🦫

The secret is, you don't *need* a huge amount of financial resources to buy a very decent place in many parts of the southeast. I'm certainly no land baron. But this little 5 acre patch in a fairly picturesque region of the Bluegrass, with a very decent, yet unpretentious house cost me me much less than one half of a duplex in many areas of the country.

Much to my dismay, it's being slowly, yet surely discovered. Houses are going up in many places up and down the road as people abandon the liberal, crime infested schittholes that Lexington and Louisville have morphed into.

If I've been fortunate in anything in life (and in many cases I *haven't*) I've been able to spot properties which are a bargain. The little 1920s bungalow in a historic neighborhood that I bought in Lexington 20 years ago is paid for and is rented for enough to pay my mortgage and utilities on this place. I live on Earth for the cost of food to feed me. The bungalow is currently valued at about 2.5 times what I paid for it and a number of millennials who wish me dead are lined up to rent those old formerly working class antebellum houses which make up the century old neighborhoods in Lexington.

I put them in mine and went country.

Now, those same millennials who have been touched by the possibility of violence in the urban schittholes that American cities have become are driving up prices out here in the scenic areas of rural Bluegrass Kentucky.

I got in before the schitt hit. 20% down + the rent from my former dwelling bought it.

There's a very nice small house on five acres which adjoins my property which very well may be going up for sale soon. It will be mine if the price is right.

20% down and let somebody else pay the rest while the appreciation goes in my pocket.

Dude you went up the road to a motel when they forecasted a winter storm.

Yeah. I had to get closer to the interstate. I had some traveling to do early the next day and an ice storm was forecast. Ice is treacherous on these little country backroads and the county takes a while to clear them.

I put the studded tires on my pickup, threw 500 lbs of sand in the back and made my way to a hotel adjoining the interstate.

I thought about it awhile and it seemed like the best course of action. It turned out to be a fun diversion.

I'll do it again if it seems necessary,...just like I'll go to the basement if a tornado warning is announced.

Enjoying a beverage with my best buddy while weathering the ice storm at a hotel by the interstate. He got a big kick out of it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall the Mamas and the Papas did that song, not the Beach Boys as the Bee suggests?? Good parody in any event.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have family in Santa Monica, and I enjoy visiting. Yes politically it's screwed up, primarily from the big cities and awkward people that live in those areas. A week of nice weather, nightlife, bars, beach, hiking, makes for a good vacation in CA. Of coarse I'm the type to have a good time most anywhere I go. Even NYC the liberal chithole of US is a fun place for a few days. Could I live there, hell no!, but I can visit/party and leave my political views at home. These lib cities are not gonna change, at least in anyone's lifetime on 24hr.

Last edited by slg888; 03/02/23.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1badf350, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 16penny, 1Longbow, 42 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,983
Posts18,499,748
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.