-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In spite of all the predictions on tv I had trouble believing how much snow had come down when I looked this morning. We are located 30 or 35 miles east of Toronto. TV hasn't shown much yet of what efforts the cities are taking to get roads navigable again. What's it like in your areas?

Jim

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good morning Jim,

I feel for you man! This year we had very little snow, in comparison to other years, confirming to me once again that God does exist! :o)

The older I get the more I resent snow. I grew up in Quebec and shoveled metric tons of the white chit. In fact, for me Hell would not be a landscape of fire, it would be a landscape of snow and a perpetual temperature of -50c. lol

Interesting fact: The leading cause of death in men in Canada is a Heart Attack brought on by shoveling snow.

What I hate the most about mountains of snow in the spring is watching The Masters and when I look outside during the match, I am looking at snowbanks.

Good luck, and take it easy while you are shoveling my friend!

KB

PS: Nice Moose Rack!

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/04/23.

KB

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
It was not as bad here in eastern Ontario. I heard it would be worse south west of us. Still some coming down but it has tapered off significantly. I will be on the tractor later this morning clearing this. I’m looking forward to cutting the grass and weeding the garden.

Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We have had a good winter here. Not much snow or really cold temperatures, so I cannot complain about the dumping last night.

My grandson was over earlier with the tractor to plow out the laneway. He’s a good kid. I think we got 15 to 20 cm.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin Steve, same up here. Have only used the snow blower a few times this year YAY. The two days after Christmas was bad & hurt my back, better now. Looks like I'll be firing up the blower again today. Hopefully spring is just around the corner. Wondered why everyone that was old (my age) went south in the winter, so much to do up here. Snowmobiling, skiing, coyote hunting, skating??? I know now!!! GWP πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
An hour west of Toronto. We got about 8”, but it started raining about 9pm so it’s very heavy. Would have been iffy getting out the end of the driveway, probably 3’ of heavy snow from the plow.

Cleared my driveway and two neighbors. Snowblower drive was acting up so quit. Just finished adjusting the tension so I’ll get back out and tidy things up some.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Mornin Steve, same up here. Have only used the snow blower a few times this year YAY. The two days after Christmas was bad & hurt my back, better now. Looks like I'll be firing up the blower again today. Hopefully spring is just around the corner. Wondered why everyone that was old (my age) went south in the winter, so much to do up here. Snowmobiling, skiing, coyote hunting, skating??? I know now!!! GWP πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Just got back from Orillia. It's sunny and plus 3. Hard to believe we had that storm last night.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
KB - No more shoveling for me due to age and health. Heaviest thing I have to lift anymore is my wallet to pay someone to do the work for me. If I even try to do a limited amount of clean up I get hell from my wife and daughters. They seem to think that any amount of work will bring on a heart attack!

In looking out the windows now I see the plows have been out on the roads and have gotten all the driveways blocked in. It's strange, the town says we have to clear our sidewalks but don't think we should be able to blow the snow the plows put into the gutters back onto the road.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hello again Jim, I see that we have both come to the same conclusions!

I told my better half that I am retired from the shoveling period, and without any exceptions, I simply refuse to shovel anymore. We have a very large driveway and we pay a young man to get rid of the snow for $275.00 per month, while I am watching NFL Foootball or Westerns.

My next trick (like you) is to say I can't wash dishes anymore and have her to do them, in order to protect my heart hahaha. She will of course ask, "How can you hunt if you can't do dishes" my response will be " I let the gun and bow do the work, plus it feeds you, if you knew how to hunt, I would let you do that too!"

As we grow older, we also grow wiser correct?

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/04/23.

KB

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sounds like you're all back east, here at 4500ft west we get drifts 3 to 4 feet over night sometimes, love ripping through them in my tractor, haven't seen a snow shovel in years ha ha ha , spring is here, these storms are just winters tail lights

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 12savage, 52 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,296
Posts18,505,329
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.