Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Looking for a Benelli 20 gauge, semi automatic with factory camo finish. Super Black Eagle, Montefeltro, or similar. If you have one that you would part with, let me know! Thanks

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just my 2 cents owning both Benelli and Franchi, the Franchi Affinity is literally the same gun as the Benelli, same operating system and chokes etc…. It is also the same high quality but often costs a lot less especially used. This Figures as Beretta owns Benelli and Franchi both.

So if you are looking for a hunting gun you may want to look for a Franchi. I have Benelli 26 20 and bought the kids a Franchi 24 camo 20. I use the Franchi most of the time if they are not with me.

Spence

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by spence1875
Just my 2 cents owning both Benelli and Franchi, the Franchi Affinity is literally the same gun as the Benelli, same operating system and chokes etc…. It is also the same high quality but often costs a lot less especially used. This Figures as Beretta owns Benelli and Franchi both.

So if you are looking for a hunting gun you may want to look for a Franchi. I have Benelli 26 20 and bought the kids a Franchi 24 camo 20. I use the Franchi most of the time if they are not with me.

Spence
I appreciate the input. I’ve actually held the Benelli in hand. Not the Franchi. Do they have similar feel?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hunt with a M2 20 gauge and have for the past 13 or 14 turkey seasons.. I have had a couple of the Franchi affinity guns and they are great too as said above a little cheaper price tag still a great gun but I always go back to my M2. The fit and feel of the M2 is just a little better to me or maybe it's just what I have got used to. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one both good guns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So Breda actually invented the inertia recoil system that they all use, Breda is like Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger, aRe all owned by Beretta.

I have owned at least a dozen Benellis over the years including pumps, sbes, m3 and m4s, I went to their Leo armorer school as well.

I have owned one Franchi 20 and also have one of the newer Breda 3.5in guns imported by JP Sauer as their SL-5 line, which are 100% parts interchangeable with the Benelli SBE, I think they are made in the same plant, great gun.

To me they all feel about the same, and all function the same, meaning top tier. The Bennelli wood/blue guns get the nod for finish for sure, otherwise a wash.

The only real step up to me is the Ethos, as far as function/action improvement on the inertia guns, but not worth the cash to me.

Never liked the Vinci.

Pick a good used one of any of the family that fits your budget and hit the field well armed.

Spence

IC B2

T
ttu Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
If you like the feel of the Benelli, you may not appreciate the Franchi. The recoil spring on the Franchi is up front and balances differently. If you are not set on a Benelli, I'd check out the Weatherby element. I've been using a 12 and 20 for a few years and they have been solid. For me, I prefer a flat rib, so I've parted with all my Benelli's except my Ethos.

The Element's aren't without their issues (small safety, long reach between the trigger and grip, silly buttpad); however, they seem to be a well-made inertia field gun that balance much like a Benelli and usually run a few dollars less than the Franchi. I strongly recommend handling before buying.

Last edited by ttu; 03/04/23.
N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by rem300
I hunt with a M2 20 gauge and have for the past 13 or 14 turkey seasons.. I have had a couple of the Franchi affinity guns and they are great too as said above a little cheaper price tag still a great gun but I always go back to my M2. The fit and feel of the M2 is just a little better to me or maybe it's just what I have got used to. I don't think you will be disappointed with either one both good guns.
Originally Posted by rem300
I have the Benelli Montefeltro in 12 ga now. With my bad back, the recoil is getting to me. I’m only 5’7”, and the 20 ga seems to just fit me better. I’m not opposed to an M2, if it had the same LOP and slender forearm. As well as the more slender grip

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Still looking…..

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The Franchi Affinity is a very well-built gun. I have one in 20 ga. and a Benelli M2 12 ga. I’d recommend trying to find a Franchi to handle to see how it fits and feels to you.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
I’m going to go to my local shop tomorrow. I really like the SBE, but I’m open to a Franchi.

IC B3

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Last time I checked into SBE 20 there isn't a way to mount a red dot without getting it drilled and tapped. I prefer the Burris Speedbead mount. Can't go wrong with the M2 20.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I have a Benelli Super Black Eagle, which is actually the Legacy. However, it has a very nice wood stock and is not the camo. It is like new and I have the box if you would be interested.

N
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Ashworth
Last time I checked into SBE 20 there isn't a way to mount a red dot without getting it drilled and tapped. I prefer the Burris Speedbead mount. Can't go wrong with the M2 20.
Is the M2 drilled and tapped for an optic?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mine wasn't but it's a older M2. I had the receiver drilled and tapped and put a Docter ll reflex sight on mine 14 years ago and ain't had any problems

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (163bc, 160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 32 invisible), 2,050 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,245
Posts18,486,100
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.