Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The one rifle I've seen go, did just that YEARS of 257 wtby speeds out of a 2506.... and lucky it didn't loose the bolt when the one lug let go... enough so that the action could not be opened..

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by magnumb
OK......"Suspiciousness", per Webster, "showing or expressing suspicion".

"Overly" - per the same, "too much or EXCESSIVELY".

Put together in as straightforward and easily understood manner as possible - "showing or expressing TOO MUCH or EXCESSIVE SUSPICION"......ala.....PARANOID - characterized by oversuspiciousness".

Your comments after learning of this unfortunate accident, compared with ALL others prior to the news link, over the top......at best. Over/overly.....yep, they'd be related.

Thanks for the suggestion, but seems it really wasn't necessary.........for me anyway.
There is something seriously wrong with you, slick. I really think you need to get help. I'm not joking. I'm authentically concerned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"� the straw � "

A straw that I pick my teeth with is "the straw."

A bale or two of straw that I've pulled apart and spread under my ground cloth and sleeping bag is "the straw."

A high load of bales on my low-boy trailer is "the straw."

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" � paranoia � "

Paranoia = ducking when nobody's shooting.

Ducking when somebody's shooting in your direction is just good sense, not "paranoia."

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mc, I should have been more clear... Dave's preference for those three actions has to do mostly with how they handle gas when blown... In his experience, the M700 is among the very worst with the M70 being not much better.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
" � paranoia � "

Paranoia = ducking when nobody's shooting.

Ducking when somebody's shooting in your direction is just good sense, not "paranoia."

I like that! I'll remember that one! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've examined several makes of blown guns for court cases, and I'd go along with that. How they handle wild gas is the monster that lurks in their closets, yet the Big Sneezes who run Remington and Winchester don't want to even think about hobgoblins in their closets.

"Good enough" isn't.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If anyone is wondering, Magnumb is carrying his resentments from this thread( https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...owflat/Number/1787100/page/1#Post1787100 ) over into this one. If you enjoy the ramblings of a paranoid, you may find it entertaining.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Why you couldn't follow an easily laid out explanation should be the real concern here.

When faced with logical explanations and argument, it is always pretty telling when one or the others back is against the wall. The most obvious sign.....exactly what you just did.

I'm seriously concerned for you as well.....not being able to follow such simple explanations, much less definitions found easily in the dictionary MADE AT YOUR OWN SUGGESTION......worrisome and disconcerting.

When one makes a comment to another member which one could take as inflammatory, he/she (the giver) shouldn't expect a free pass.....especially when there's no basis for either the comments made nor that persons involvement in the conversation in the first place....

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
...and when I left that thread as amicably as possible, who came in with demeaning comments and accusations AFTER THE FACT knowing from my last post that I'd not be involved in that particular thread anymore.....Mr. Class Act.

It would follow that you are a proponent of the "late hit" and the "sucker punch" as well......

Last edited by magnumb; 11/24/07.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by magnumb
Why you couldn't follow an easily laid out explanation should be the real concern here.

When faced with logical explanations and argument, it is always pretty telling when one or the others back is against the wall. The most obvious sign.....exactly what you just did.

I'm seriously concerned for you as well.....not being able to follow such simple explanations, much less definitions found easily in the dictionary MADE AT YOUR OWN SUGGESTION......worrisome and disconcerting.

When one makes a comment to another member which one could take as inflammatory, he/she (the giver) shouldn't expect a free pass.....especially when there's no basis for either the comments made nor that persons involvement in the conversation in the first place....

I see you haven't taken my advice about getting help.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm curious, what about head spacing? I had me M700 properly head spaced and the bolt fitted. I hear improperly fitted bolts and poor head spacing are a big culprit to guns blowing up.

Another one is loading a round TOO mild. A friend loaded his .45 Colt rounds to light to fit cowboy shooting and his pistol blew up, no one hurt. He says a big cause of gun blow up is very light loads.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Magnumb; The easiest way to end this bore's nagging is to buy yourself a Pitbull and extoll it's virtues. Trust me; it'll work. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Perhaps you and I can get a corporate rate....."The_Real_Hawkeye".....geeeez....that's lucid thinking.

I take YOUR suggestion about lookin' up a word, I do the homework and get back to you as requested, I put it into context.....you lose your grip.........what?

At the end of our counseling session, you might ask for a little anger management help on the side. Becoming angry and spitting forth accusations, such as you have resorted to, does very little to resolve any issues.

Anyone can review our "discussions" here, starting with the end of the thread you noted/linked above, and plainly see that the name calling and accusations began with you......not me......you.

It is not worth the effort, nor worth anyone else's time to continue in this vain, but true to form as I'm sure that you just can't help yourself, I fully expect that you must have the last word.......another failing which is not as desirable as you might think.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I expect that a Pit would be a bit of overkill in this instance.........grin, but I appreciate the thought.

A bit like revisiting "the ole' neighborhood days" when someone essentially calls you out and then they just can't or don't want to understand why you answered their invitation, quickly followed by them never noticing before that the sky was quite so blue and the ground quite so hard. I do miss those days............

But I trust you Bulletbutt.......I'm sure it would work. Those dogs have always commanded my immediate attention...........something with an actual bite behind their bark................

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Savage_99
I had some of that 150 gr WW PP 270 WSM factory ammo and a new Savage 12 (BV something). The initial bolt lift was very high. My dealer sent the rifle and ammo to Savage and all they did was to shoot it with Federal ammo and say it was ok.

I recall that the velocity, over a Oehler 35P, was higher than the listed factory load for the 270 Weatherby. It was something like 3350 fps.

Very interesting! IIRC, the ammo I had problems with were PP loads as well.

I did not chrono those 150 gr WSM factory loads, as I quit after firing only 2 rounds. I wasn't about to chance blowing my face off.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My gunsmith and I were talking about this yesterday and he said he knew a couple of Weatherby incidents, He said these were caused
by a rebarrel job in a 300 wby that was "short throated".
All was fine for the owner who reloaded and paid attention to
the OAL, but when he sold it it was loaded with factory wby
ammo jammed into the lands and kaboom!!
Charlie

If Ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there more
happy people
If The gun was in the hands of the victim,there would be no
murders,robberies or rapes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lost track somewhere along the line here.

Has anyone actually identified the make of rifle in this blowup or did it just evolve into a Weatherby beat down through osmosis?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty much osmosis.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W in the case that I reported.

"Good enough" isn't.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (2500HD, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 33 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,882
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.