B
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
[quote=PatB]POS, one and all, proudly made in the USA

Mine work great, and yes, I dial.

Sorry about your luck.

I killed a lot of game with Leupold scopes, but when I switched to better scopes the files shot smaller groups.

I could never get my files (sic) to shoot. 🤣

My typo is definitely funny 😁

I want to see the proof that you killed game with your Leupold scopes. 2 good reasons why you should use QD mounts when you are using a Leupold, I guess..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I personally haven't had a Leupold fail me yet. Off the top of my head, I have had scopes from Bushnell, Sightron {only scope I ever had fog internally}, Simmons, Redfield {Denver} and Tasco fail on me. on the flip side, I've had scopes from all those brands, including Tasco, give me good service for decades. Some of you act like Leupold stands alone for failures. They certainly do not.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I personally haven't had a Leupold fail me yet. Off the top of my head, I have had scopes from Bushnell, Sightron {only scope I ever had fog internally}, Simmons, Redfield {Denver} and Tasco fail on me. on the flip side, I've had scopes from all those brands, including Tasco, give me good service for decades. Some of you act like Leupold stands alone for failures. They certainly do not.
I too have had good luck with Leupolds, but all mine were bought in the 90's or earlier.

However, this thing about Leupold saying that you have to "tap the scope", well that just ain't right.

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I also have had good luck with Leupolds. Some models can be quite tough. I have an older FXIII 6x42 scope that was on a rifle that fell out if my stand when I was getting setup in the dark (no, the rifle was not yet loaded). It must have hit one of the many cypress knees on the ground because it had a dent in the tube. I re-zeroed it and continued to use this scope for a few years, until it began to fog up. Leupold repaired it for free (even though it had clearly been damaged) and I still have this scope. I must have about 15 scopes with 4 being Leupolds. Because I used Leupolds almost exclusively when I first started hunting, I thought a wandering zero was normal. I usually only checked the zero once/year just before hunting season and Leupold scopes always had to be adjusted some from the previous year ( and, no, I was not in the habit of dropping them from my stands). However, when I bought a used S&B 8x56, I realized that not all scopes are like this. For me Leupold makes decent scopes for what I use them for (ie, set & forget).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No tapping was required….

870 yards

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
#FORGOTTOTAP

[Linked Image]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I want to see the proof that you killed game with your Leupold scopes. 2 good reasons why you should use QD mounts when you are using a Leupold, I guess..

NO QD MOUNTS REQUIRED

Do you really think no one has ever killed game with a Leupold scope?

Do you even hunt?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

NO QD MOUNTS REQUIRED

Do you even hunt?

You killed it with your Leupold, didn't you? You fn retard.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
The group of obsessed alpha hunters on this forum over 40 likely started without any idea of dialing to hunt. The under 40 & extreme long range crowd can’t imagine hunting without a 30mm tube & dialed yardages. Leupold doesn’t seem to have adjusted to their new market well.

Starting pre-rangefinder I bought a flat shooting 7mm & sighted in at 200 - practice let me know inside 500 what I needed to kill stuff. The cheap Bushnell & Swift scopes I used taught me [bleep] optics are bad for hunting.

I’ve never dialed to shoot an animal & have killed a couple past 500 yards & many over 300, I’m a Zeiss conquest guy but have a few v3 series Leupold & would hunt with any of them. Looking forward to shooting an antelope with my inconsistent 25-06 that putting a 4.5-14x50 duplex VX3 on it suddenly made consistent.

I’m curious about how many guys really dial their scopes regularly hunting-I can’t imagine it’s 10% of hunters.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

NO QD MOUNTS REQUIRED

Do you even hunt?

You killed it with your Leupold, didn't you? You fn retard.

So you are actually implying killing game with a Leupold scope by bludgeoning them with it?

And I'm the retard?

Seek help for your hate issues. Must be a tough thing to deal with.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by specneeds
The group of obsessed alpha hunters on this forum over 40 likely started without any idea of dialing to hunt. The under 40 & extreme long range crowd can’t imagine hunting without a 30mm tube & dialed yardages. Leupold doesn’t seem to have adjusted to their new market well.

Starting pre-rangefinder I bought a flat shooting 7mm & sighted in at 200 - practice let me know inside 500 what I needed to kill stuff. The cheap Bushnell & Swift scopes I used taught me [bleep] optics are bad for hunting.

I’ve never dialed to shoot an animal & have killed a couple past 500 yards & many over 300, I’m a Zeiss conquest guy but have a few v3 series Leupold & would hunt with any of them. Looking forward to shooting an antelope with my inconsistent 25-06 that putting a 4.5-14x50 duplex VX3 on it suddenly made consistent.

I’m curious about how many guys really dial their scopes regularly hunting-I can’t imagine it’s 10% of hunters.
Hey Specneeds
I'm a varmint hunter and I use two M8 12x Leupolds with tgt turrets. They were purchased in the 90's, not recent vintage. I dialed for range and wind frequently. Did this for years and never had any issues I felt were scope related. And no tapping. Maybe I was just lucky.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
What's wild is that they had a good design on some of the fixed power military scopes they made in the 90s. They would track and hold zero. Not sure why they don't dig out the old design. I've had 2 personally fail that had to be sent in and repaired and had another buddies scope stop dialing on a hunt (they sent him a new scope). Just not worth the hassle of trying any more when there's much more reliable scopes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for posting this beaver, reminded me that my buddy and I have 3 leupolds we need to send back so we can get them fixed and sell them. Kind of forgot about them after replacing them with swfa's lol

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BradArnett
Thanks for posting this beaver, reminded me that my buddy and I have 3 leupolds we need to send back so we can get them fixed and sell them. Kind of forgot about them after replacing them with swfa's lol
They seem to sell well on EBay.

DF

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
They sell well on all the forums too, including this one. 😂🤣😅😆

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
They sell well on all the forums too, including this one. 😂🤣😅😆

Yep.

Used Leupolds are a hot ticket.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Used Leupolds seem like a good deal until you send them back for repair 4 times with no positive results.

Troof.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Higginez
Used Leupolds seem like a good deal until you send them back for repair 4 times with no positive results.

Troof.

Touche'

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Higginez

Troof.

Touche'
The ones I've sent back got fixed. Only had to send one back twice.

Their CS has been pretty good, IME.

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Their CS has been pretty good, IME.

DF

They do get to stay in practice. grin

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 1234, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,803
Posts18,477,480
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.