Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nan and I just got back. She did AWESOME!!!!!!! 1st deer a HUCE 4 pointer @ 265 yards

[Linked Image]

Her second was equally as nice but allot closer. About 75 yards. She took a flash picture of the deer BEFORE dropping the hammer.

[Linked Image]

I have to admit. I was apprehensive about using a .250 and an 87 grain pill. It was so much out of character for me. I am a bigger bore fan. BUT my mind has been changed forever. I tried a smallish deer first time purposly.

[Linked Image]

Once I saw what it did to that deer I decided to use it for my second one. I am sold on that rifle/bullet combination. Here's my second deer.

[Linked Image]

And here's a picture of what it did to a particular organ needed for sustaining life.

[Linked Image]

STEVER,,, notice the "good luck" charm in a couple of those pictures!!! Thank You.!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Fine, Fine job My friend!!!! very nice bucks, and Nans Is a Dandy, glad ya bloodied the 250! what do these deer Lbs? they look big boddied! and ya had snow too, love hunting in the snow! a big Congrads to you and the wife! John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A HUGE thank you to you for making the trade. Weights were Nan's = 155 lbs. and 125 lbs. Mine were 105 lbs and 126 lbs. Not huge, but respectable.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Iv never been happyer about the trade! wish I was on that trip with ya tho, did ya see alot of deer? how much snow did ya have? did ya hunt at all with the 38-55 and the boone? Only one way the Savage way! John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Congrats to the both of you! Is the Contender a 250 also?

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Beeeeeeeeeautiful!
That is one gorgeous shootin' iron!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T/C Encore 7mm-08. Perfect, perfect gun for her.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
This is a young man I met on the island. A few weeks ago we had a thread going about how many of us see 99's in the woods while deer hunting. Surprisingly, or maybe not, not many are seen. Well here's a young man that borrowed a gun to hunt with. He thought it looked "cool." Not only did it look cool, it shot well. He shot both deer within 1 hour.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Steve, nice job you and the missis, which camp did you hunt out of? the 250 came through nice for ya glad everything went well.If i could find a peep sight for my 1920 id use it the rear sight is just a blur to me. Don

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congrats! Glad it was a good trip, and glad to see that the 250 did fine. It's an addictive little cartridge..

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We hunted out of Chicotte. Ran into a fella from Littleton. Bob Somerville. Said he knows you and Richard. Said he hunted with you at Carleton. They closed Carleton camp this year. People out of MacDonald hunt the Carleton sector as well now. It was a first. I never killed a deer with a bolt action OR such a small bullet. I guess you really are NEVER tool old to learn.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Small world aint it. grin Don

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I guess you really are NEVER tool old to learn.

Guess not!

I too am very surprised at what that little gun can do!

I am going hunting now!

My "tag puncher" is a Remington 7600 .35 Remington carbine!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LBK ,

congrats on the hunt ! You and Nan look like you had a great time ...... My wife wants to hunt with me and her father once the kids grow up a bit .

The yield from those deer should last you guys all year !! .... Also , the mass on the 4 point you got is very impressive !!

What 87 grain bullet did you use ?

What powder did you use ?

I just started to use 85 grain Nosler Partrition rather than the 100 grainers in the .243 WCF ..... I am very impressed with my results also . I think I found a new hunting bullet for that caliber ...

Last edited by gd'40EG-300; 11/26/07.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Congrats to you and your wife on a great hunt.Very nice Deer.

Mike

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nicely done..Nan's was a long polk.I really like the ivory color on her four..no brow tines?

Jeff
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Nan and I just got back. She did AWESOME!!!!!!! 1st deer a HUCE 4 pointer @ 265 yards

[Linked Image]

Her second was equally as nice but allot closer. About 75 yards. She took a flash picture of the deer BEFORE dropping the hammer.

[Linked Image]

I have to admit. I was apprehensive about using a .250 and an 87 grain pill. It was so much out of character for me. I am a bigger bore fan. BUT my mind has been changed forever. I tried a smallish deer first time purposly.

[Linked Image]

Once I saw what it did to that deer I decided to use it for my second one. I am sold on that rifle/bullet combination. Here's my second deer.

[Linked Image]

And here's a picture of what it did to a particular organ needed for sustaining life.

[Linked Image]

STEVER,,, notice the "good luck" charm in a couple of those pictures!!! Thank You.!!!!!

Great Job Nancy!
That is an Assume Buck ya Got Their!!!!!
Congrats to You.......
Now Stephen,,,,
I Like the Hat! grin grin grin
That Hungarian voodoo antler severed ya well.
I am truly Happy Both Of Ya Done Fantastic.
How Ever,,and I say this,,,,Put Nancy on as a Member Here on the 24. My Hats Off to Her as a Woman Hunter that is an Assume Buck and You are truly Blessed to Have a Wife that is also a Hunting partner with You.
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Congratulations Nan and Steve! It seems like only yesterday that we were talking about the trip in Jed's family barn. It looks like like you both had a blast! You've inspired me to start planning for a trip back to Anticosti in 2008. I'm going to check out the Sepaq web site now.

Thanks for sharing the pics. -Tom

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great Deer for you and the wife LBK. Those TC's are pretty slick little rifles too. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What you see is what you get. Best 4 I have ever seen. No brow tines.!!!!! GREAT SHOT!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,711
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.