Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Before Ryan's grandfather envisioned the Iditarod race, he knew his way around a team of malamutes. He'd make good pay, recovering plane wreckage for the Air force with malamutes and freight huskies. This was the only viable way to recover stuff before tracked machines.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
He was also a good riverman.

Anybody remember when Joe and Susan butcher (with the assistance of a mountaineer) summited Denali with a fkn dog team?!

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by rost495
i see peta people and humane society using this against the Iditarod race ,just watch it will happen . too many dogs that don`t finish per dog team year after year. i have no problem with the race , but also i see a law suit on its way in the future rather its right or wrong ?
Sure am glad you aren't in charge of the Iditarod.

ya me too because if i was in Alaska and managed that sled dog race i would have helped with that sled dog race and somehow got more money to all those mushers >instead of just mouth`N off behind a keypad like you seem to do all the time on 24 Campfire you F. Moron . ya ya i know you claim to be a super tracker guide up in Alaska ,B.S.
Money where your mouth is.. if you are so good then volunteer. I know Mark would take any of this new money you can find so easily. Its one way to help for sure. He will appreciate it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Before Ryan's grandfather envisioned the Iditarod race, he knew his way around a team of malamutes. He'd make good pay, recovering plane wreckage for the Air force with malamutes and freight huskies. This was the only viable way to recover stuff before tracked machines.

Anybody remember when Joe and Susan butcher (with the assistance of a mountaineer) summited Denali with a fkn dog team?!
I'm gonna have to ask around Talkeetna now. Thats one story I've not heard while working there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Time for the Iditarod to end. Sad what they put those dogs through. Hopefully the low participation this year is an indicator it will not be around much longer.

How many dogs have to die for a pointless race just to pat ones back?

Boycott the Iditarod and all the sponsors of it!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender
One of the biggest sled dog races down in America is the Beargrease in MT.

> John Beargrease Sled Dog Race is at Duluth,Minnesota
Thanks!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember that. They went up with Ray “Pirate” Genet.

That was an interesting cat!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Anyone see the start of the first Iditarod Race...??

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Anyone see the start of the first Iditarod Race...??

yes some old pictures from the 1st Iditarod sled dog race would be great. great ideal,Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i see peta people and humane society using this against the Iditarod race ,just watch it will happen . too many dogs that don`t finish per dog team year after year. i have no problem with the race , but also i see a law suit on its way in the future rather its right or wrong ?

ya me too because if i was in Alaska and managed that sled dog race i would have helped with that sled dog race and somehow got more money to all those mushers >instead of just mouth`N off behind a keypad like you seem to do all the time on 24 Campfire you F. Moron . ya ya i know you claim to be a super tracker guide up in Alaska ,B.S.
Money where your mouth is.. if you are so good then volunteer. I know Mark would take any of this new money you can find so easily. Its one way to help for sure. He will appreciate it.

maybe who ever is in charge " Mark "should step down it appears the Iditarod sled dog race has some real problems ? because those mushers that finished all deserve to be paid . and the mushers who have a higher amount of dogs that finish the race deserve even a bonus .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Pete53,
Mark Nordman is the Race Marshall. He handles everything race-related: Keeping track of mushers and their health. Keeping track of dropped dogs, flying to check points for emergencies, working with volunteers to ensure race rules are followed and understood, making sure the trail is marked and a million other things.

Almost all mushers who've run the Iditarod adore Mark for his fairness and vast experience with every aspect of the trail. He's one of the most respected and caring Alaskans in the dog races.

He's not to be confused with the responsibilities or job performance ofthe Iditarod CEO Rob Urbach, the president, Mike Mills or the board of directors.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Time for the Iditarod to end. Sad what they put those dogs through. Hopefully the low participation this year is an indicator it will not be around much longer.

Once again the long brown stain in the boxers of life shows up to prove just how pathetic life without a frontal cortex can be.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Pete53,
Mark Nordman is the Race Marshall. He handles everything race-related: Keeping track of mushers and their health. Keeping track of dropped dogs, flying to check points for emergencies, working with volunteers to ensure race rules are followed and understood, making sure the trail is marked and a million other things.

Almost all mushers who've run the Iditarod adore Mark for his fairness and vast experience with every aspect of the trail. He's one of the most respected and caring Alaskans in the dog races.

He's not to be confused with the responsibilities or job performance ofthe Iditarod CEO Rob Urbach, the president, Mike Mills or the board of directors.

well then get rid of the CEO because the race does have problems, one example some of the better mushers did not even sign up because the money purse is down.i have no ideal who is who or their names i just know this wonderful dog sled race needs some changes before next year`s race and needs to start soon.

Last edited by pete53; 03/16/23.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

i look forward to the Iditarod and so does many other people ! what needs to happen is a new CEO and many more sponsors . your wrong its time to improve the Iditarod sled dog race .

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
well then get rid of the CEO because the race does have problems, one example some of the better mushers did not even sign up because the money purse is down.i have no ideal who is who or their names i just know this wonderful dog sled race needs some changes before next year`s race and needs to start soon.

It is pretty easy to sit on the sidelines and tell people what needs to be done. It is another to actually be the person(s) who have to come up with the ideas to increase fan base and prize money.
Easier said than done.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G

You have obviously never been around a dog sled team. "Sad what they put those dogs through." has got to be one of the dumbest things ever written on the forum. A team of Clydesdale horses would have a hard time stopping those dogs from doing what they love to do, and that is run, pulling a sled. Try visiting a team during the offseason and watch the love these men and women have for the dogs. Better yet, come out to MT or MN and take a two day overnight Dog Sled Tour. Get up in the middle of the night to pee and watch the dogs jump up excited to start a run, only to have to calm down since you won't be ready until after breakfast.

These dogs LOVE to pull and run!

Last edited by gluck; 03/16/23.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

It is pretty easy to sit on the sidelines and tell people what needs to be done. It is another to actually be the person(s) who have to come up with the ideas to increase fan base and prize money.
Easier said than done.

hire me and i will fix the problem. side lines ? no are you blind its easy to see what needs to be done don`t be a moron too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Easier said than done.

hire me and i will fix the problem. side lines ? no are you blind its easy to see what needs to be done don`t be a moron too.

Put in your application and tell us what happens. Remember to include a full length resume listing all your qualifications.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Easier said than done.

Put in your application and tell us what happens. Remember to include a full length resume listing all your qualifications.
You could link this thread to your resume. I am sure they would find it interesting.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i would bet they would just toss it ,that`s fine i will just sit back watch and hope this CEO does something before it gets worse . i would hope it can get better for the mushers and this sled dog race but time will tell ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Once again the long brown stain in the boxers of life shows up to prove just how pathetic life without a frontal cortex can be.

You're too kind to the folks over at API. I was thinking more along the lines of lax security over there.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,957
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.