Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
At 45 I required it.

I was very fit.

Easy surgery... day or two of pain... week of discomfort or so IIRC.

But 10 years later I would still get a jab every once in a while.

After 10 that went away.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
https://www.herniasurgeries.com/hernia-doctor-cleveland-ohio/ well just went in early this morning and had my left side inquinal hernia dealt with, back home and told to walk alot for the next several days and will be back to work next week. Over all quit impressed with the simplicity of it and the surgeon himself. Now I understand why people come to this center from all over.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Once in 1999 and twice more in 2016. Nothing to it, they just put a zipper in to change the mesh like a diaper.

It will never, not hurt, but it is still better than before...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I'm 7 weeks since surgery. I'm about to 85% of what I was before injury. I'm a lot better than before surgery but aggravated that I can't go hard like before without pain interrupting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worked with a guy who ripped his abdominal wall moving some of our lockers. Note to self, always get the proper equipment and/or personnel. Don’t be a hero or be forced into something unsafe by the boss.

He had several surgeries and began to look like he had an alien trying to get out of his abdomen after his staff infection.

Hell of a fisherman. He retired to an acreage near Arrow Lake BC. He should have died when his artery in his neck blew out. Some how the paramedics kept him alive and met the medvac helicopter.

He died a few years ago. His abdomen looked crazy wierd.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/16/23.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's easy I've got an 8x10 sheet of that mesh right above my belly button my whole chest muscle is going to split in two from the bottom up that's on top of the mesh hello my belly button from my first hernia

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by RHClark
I'm 7 weeks since surgery. I'm about to 85% of what I was before injury. I'm a lot better than before surgery but aggravated that I can't go hard like before without pain interrupting.

When you say you can't "go hard" Not sure what you're referring to. I would say you're healing up about the same as I did, maybe a little slower. I was up walking immediately, doing just about everything after about 5 days. MD's have made some huge inroads with hernia surgery.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I going in for it next Friday.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am 55, had a hernia down low when I was 5 or 6. Don't remember much but have not been limited in any activities since then

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WV_Airedale
I am 55, had a hernia down low when I was 5 or 6. Don't remember much but have not been limited in any activities since then

My brother had the same at about that age.

I think hernias are easier to get over at that age... You get older, it can be challenging. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't feel mine much anymore if ever. I try to avoid heavy lifting when I can just because I know what can happen if you do blow it out.

Teeder I urge you to have stool softeners already bought before you go into it. Follow the Dr instructions to the letter during recovery. Walk at least twice a day for 10-20 minutes at a time if it's not uncomfortable.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by softailrider

When you say you can't "go hard" Not sure what you're referring to. I would say you're healing up about the same as I did, maybe a little slower. I was up walking immediately, doing just about everything after about 5 days. MD's have made some huge inroads with hernia surgery.

I do basic calisthenics and cycle. I like sprinting on the bike. Doc said I could ride but to back off if I started hurting. I'm still getting pain if I push hard during a workout. It's not terrible and it has gone away pretty quick, but I can't get that sweat rolling work out yet that I could before I injured myself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had one fixed about 15 years ago. The other side popped out maybe 6 years ago. Doc said to just watch it until it starts getting big or feels funny. I'm sure that day is coming......

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by softailrider

I do basic calisthenics and cycle. I like sprinting on the bike. Doc said I could ride but to back off if I started hurting. I'm still getting pain if I push hard during a workout. It's not terrible and it has gone away pretty quick, but I can't get that sweat rolling work out yet that I could before I injured myself.

I had mine repaired two years ago to this day; St. Patrick's Day 2021. I also cycle, My MD told me no cycling or golf for 3 weeks, I resumed both after about 2 1/2 weeks. He told me unlimited walking immediately. I was walking and moving around really good even that first day. About 3 or 5 days of limited use of the pain meds, then just Tylenol. As I mentioned, my hernia was discovered in 1997, I waited, it wasn't bothering me until it did start bothering me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I don't feel mine much anymore if ever. I try to avoid heavy lifting when I can just because I know what can happen if you do blow it out.

Teeder I urge you to have stool softeners already bought before you go into it. Follow the Dr instructions to the letter during recovery. Walk at least twice a day for 10-20 minutes at a time if it's not uncomfortable.

👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I had my surgery today. They found 5 holes to fix. They ended up using mesh across the whole lower abdomen.

Pretty sore, but bearable. I've not used the oxy, sticking it out with Tylenol and Ibuprofen, so far.

The wife is waiting on me hand and foot, so it's not all bad. 😁

Last edited by Teeder; 03/24/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Teeder
Well, I had my surgery today. They found 5 holes to fix. They ended up using mesh across the whole lower abdomen.

Pretty sore, but bearable. I've not used the oxy, sticking it out with Tylenol and Ibuprofen, so far.

Glad you came out okay!

I'm going in on the 4th for mine. Just one side though.

Surgeon said he was making a traditional incision, not the laparoscopic.

Mine will be outpatient as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Got a bilateral in 1987.. was lifting weight within 30 days...nothing ever bothered me since.. and I still lift heavy weight fairly often... but I was a nurse and paramedic when I got out of the military, and know about body mechanics and how to lift weight without hurting yourself.

I also took care of plenty of GI's in the service that had the surgeries, to include scrubbing in on them.
So I knew A to Z of what to expect...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

good luck with the recovery, iam 8 days out on my surgery, day 2 and 3 were the toughest pain wise, long as I was sitting no real pain but I was told to walk 2 to 4 hours a day post surgery,the pain while walking was no joke even with meds, I worked two 12 hour days the last two days, physical labor which was interesting but seems like the activity caused the swelling to almost completely disappear and today I feel great, like someone said in a prior post, use stool softeners, I started stool softeners before my surgery and iam glad I did.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mwbyler

good luck with the recovery, iam 8 days out on my surgery, day 2 and 3 were the toughest pain wise, long as I was sitting no real pain but I was told to walk 2 to 4 hours a day post surgery,the pain while walking was no joke even with meds, I worked two 12 hour days the last two days, physical labor which was interesting but seems like the activity caused the swelling to almost completely disappear and today I feel great, like someone said in a prior post, use stool softeners, I started stool softeners before my surgery and iam glad I did.

Thanks. I started on the softener last night, just incase. Not looking forward to tomorrow.
I've gone through a tore Achilles and rotator cuff surgeries, hoping this isn't as bad as those.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,670
Posts18,474,777
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.