Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Anybody have firsthand experience with one of these? Would love to hear about it.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-35-series-handguns/sa-35-handguns/sa-35-9mm-handgun/

Thanks y'all.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can give you some feedback but it won’t be particularly in-depth or authoritative. Like a lot of people, I do have some modern striker-fired pistols. I enjoy shooting my Walther PPQ & my H&K VP9SK. They both fit my hand really well so I like the ergonomics on them.

But from a nostalgia standpoint there were always some pistols from many years ago that I wanted to own. The Browning Hi-Power was one of those. A friend of mine bought a CZ-75 a few years ago & shooting it confirmed a desire to own an all-metal pistol with a hammer. I really liked the way it shot. When I heard that Springfield Armory had come out with their version of the Hi-Power & had added several of the improvements that shooters often customized on them as standard (e.g. beveled mag well, no magazine disconnect affecting the trigger, etc.) for a more affordable price, I decided to bite. So far I’ve been pleased with my purchase.

It’s a slender gun but it has a nice heft. I like its solid feel & its single action trigger has a very good pull. Accuracy is definitely a “me” problem & not a pistol problem as my friends always shoot them better than I do. I do a lot of my hunting at a friend’s farm & when we’re out running around in the SxS spending time in the woods, we all usually carry a pistol of some kind. For no particular reason everyone tends to carry something traditional (e.g. a 1911, a top-break revolver, my SA-35, etc.) while using smaller polymers for a CCW when we’re elsewhere. I use a Crossbreed Chest Rig from Missouri & I find it to be a really comfortable way to carry it. For me it’s been a great field gun.

The only caveat to this review is that I haven’t put thousands of rounds through it so my feedback experience is limited. But so far it’s been flawless & for its intended purpose, an excellent choice. As an older design from 1935, it’s a classic. Now I just need to get a Walther PPK for when I’m wearing a tuxedo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The three 9mm pistols I shoot: Springfield Armory SA-35, Walther PPQ M2, H&K VP9SK with a paddle release:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by odonata; 04/09/23.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Stopped by the LGS the other day, just checking in, you know. There were three Browning HP’s recently added to the consignment case, a 9mm and 2 .40’s. Fortunately, everyone was busy with paying customers and I was busy and in a hurry….

Mathew 22: 37-39

IKE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I paid $649.00+tx for my SA-35 at a LGS about two months ago and so far I have ran about 800 trouble free rounds through it shooting at the 25 yd. plates....it's a keeper.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks y'all.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (6mmbrfan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 16 invisible), 1,579 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,964
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.