Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
SF - Whole Foods This one just opened last year.
Chicago - several Walmarts
Portland - Coava Coffee Roasters, a well known local chain is closing a downtown location

These are some I read about today. I'm sure there are lots more. They're losing money due to crime and worrying about the safety of their employees. They won't be employees now to worry about. They'll be unemployees.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How racist!

I’m waiting for one of the Leftist mayors to try going to court and forcing stores to stay.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are witnessing most of the major democrat run cities turning into Detroit.... the left destroys everything it touches

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Time to cut the electric power to the inner cities and hijack food deliveries. Let the scumbags starve in the dark!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Time to cut the electric power to the inner cities and hijack food deliveries. Let the scumbags starve in the dark!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It is sad. Portland was a fun place 20 years ago but today it is a dump. Liberalism is the cause.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't disagree with that.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't be surprised these newer stores opening in blighted areas are a result of companies being woke to food desert issues. They invest in those type areas and get their azz handed to them. Theres a reason those places don't have good stores to start with. If it was profitable they would have been there all along.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I wouldn't be surprised these newer stores opening in blighted areas are a result of companies being woke to food desert issues. They invest in those type areas and get their azz handed to them. Theres a reason those places don't have good stores to start with. If it was profitable they would have been there all along.

Seriously.
Setting crime aside, poor people in those cities can't afford or just won't pay
the price in some of those stores. Groceries are expensive now days.
Buying those orgasmic meats and vegetables from the trendy store will
add a lot to an already expensive bill. If, the locals even want to actually
cook a meal.

Rock Chuck,
Only the big chains are mentioned.
They can close the doors and write off the loss. Profitable facilities carrying them
through the rough patch. Their story is unfortunate, but largely a political tale.

The family owned businesses are the real tragedy.
Going unnoticed in their failure, people whose finances are largely
tied to and in the store. It becomes unprofitable and worthless simultaneously.
Imagine the sucktitude of owing on a business, you have hundreds of thou$ands in equity,and you are making a good living. Over a couple years you find yourself unable to meet the mortgage, and can't get enough out of it to even settle the mortgage.

You are much closer than I, is there any backlash from those negatively affected?
Or is it being stiffled? There have to be working class people there who are passed
about what is happening.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oddly, the lefties know their policies are causing the problems, but don’t care.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
You are witnessing most of the major democrat run cities turning into Detroit.... the left destroys everything it touches
Yes it does. Democrats are a disease

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DMc
Oddly, the lefties know their policies are causing the problems, but don’t care.

Not so odd.

Everything they do, from energy policy, attacks on traditional mores, family, and religion, even, I’m convinced the reckless unsustainable government spending, is designed to break the system so they can build it back the way they want. Not everyone at all levels understands the end game, but they’re useful tools to those at the top who help the unqualified, radical, and corrupt get and stay in office.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Some will get grants and incentives to open in declining areas,give it a go,then bail.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by DMc

Not so odd.

Everything they do, from energy policy, attacks on traditional mores, family, and religion, even, I’m convinced the reckless unsustainable government spending, is designed to break the system so they can build it back the way they want. Not everyone at all levels understands the end game, but they’re useful tools to those at the top who help the unqualified, radical, and corrupt get and stay in office.

What’s “odd” is their ideology is more important than those they serve. It’s mindless evil.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Last week ATT announced it was leaving Minneapolis for a suburb. Local news is giving excuse after excuse as to why...yeah, we know why!

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Riverc

Then they’ll head for the fruited plains. Like locusts.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by DMc

Not so odd.

This^^^^^^ They are breaking down the capitalist system so everyone will be dependent on government for everything. When that happens, government is a good business to be in: you’re not accountable, you make the rules as you go, and you get to choose the winners and losers

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Last week ATT announced it was leaving Minneapolis for a suburb. Local news is giving excuse after excuse as to why...yeah, we know why!

If you read the CNN article about the Whole Foods market closing, a very significant portion of the article is spent on how the crime really isn’t that bad, with murders only up 20%, etc.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
It is sad. Portland was a fun place 20 years ago but today it is a dump. Liberalism is the cause.

It was a great place when I lived there in the early 80s
A job transfer caused me to leave. Always said I’d move back some day. But no more. Won’t even visit Portland now.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by viking
Originally Posted by Riverc

Then they’ll head for the fruited plains. Like locusts.
That would be the problem. Foraging like a bunch of hungry wild hogs.

With just about as much respect for property. Load your guns.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 43 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,581
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.