Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Biden Administration through the EPA just announced its sweeping regulations that will all but make internal combustion engines a thing of the past. And Congress has given them the authority.

You may remember the West Virginia vs EPA decision last year that somewhat limited the power of the EPA to regulate greenhouse gases. The court held that the EPA had been given the power to regulate pollutants and carbon had not been defined as a pollutant by Congress and therefore, the EPA did not have the authority.

So he Republicans had the authority to prohibit any new legislation because it would require 60 votes. Except, budget measures could be passed with less than 60 votes once per year if it could get 60 votes to get past cloture and actually be voted on. Still Republicans held the upper hand. They could prevent Biden’s Build Back Better Bill from even making the floor for a vote. Well, enter the likes of Romney, Turtle, Cornyn and others who provided eight votes to get it to the floor for debate virtually guaranteeing passage if Manchin and Sinema could be brought around. Well, they held out for awhile but eventually a much reduced form of the bill made it to the floor and was passed.

Everyone talked about the spending and the subsidies for New Green Deal craziness, but no one ever mentioned what was potentially the most important and transforming legislation ever passed by Congress. By now, I’m sure some of you have guessed it, yes, carbon was described as a pollutant and Congress officially gave the EPA the right to regulate greenhouse gasses.

So, no matter how much the bitch and moan, eight republicans enacted the Green New Deal. They can’t claim ignorance, it was right there in the bill before they ever even voted to let it get out of cloture. They had the power to stop it and the ability to make the case to the country about it and they chose not to do it.

The Democrats didn’t kill your country, Mitt Romney and crew did.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
But but he’s “Severly Conservative “..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Europe is already reversing course on electric cars and going back to embracing internal combustion engines. Hopefully America wakes the hell up and does the same.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Doesnt seem to be shortage of crash test dummies for EVs around here. I see them more and more.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Much easier to control all things electric. That's why they're even targeting gas stoves. Leftists like Satan have a deeply ingrained need to control others. They aren't much for allowing you agency and then offering a way to save you of you make mistakes. They'd prefer to just control you all the time.

Bb

IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
2024 is coming and we’re gonna run those bastards out on a rail you just watch

crazy

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
So they’re going to wire every parking space in every parking garage all over the country and wire every house for a charging station in just a few years!?

Something I thought about the other day is…. What happens when a hurricane comes in at a big coastal city and they’re given the order to evacuate. THEN, what about the 10 days to two weeks that follow with no power within 150 miles

🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mitt Romney cannot force me to do a damn thing. I will saddle a horse before I ever drive an EV.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah...fuh Q.

I'll die before I buy any of that electric crap.

Proud NRA Life Member
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
You guys can talk tough all you want, but you’ll be walking or driving electric if this gets done like they want.

This is pretty much it. This is absolute tyranny made real. And the point of this post isn’t they want to do it or even that they’ve succeeded, the point is that it easily could have been prevented with the support of the majority of the American people if Mitt Romney and a few others weren’t such gigantic pieces of [bleep].

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don’t be naive, Romney is not some rogue RINO, He is just another Establishment Puppet doing exactly what he is told to do.

He wouldn’t cast a single vote without the Approval of Mitch McConnell and the leadership of the Republican Club elites.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Raise your hand if you preferred Romney over Ron Paul in 2012. God I wish RP had the personality of Trump. Instead a milk-toast Twilight fanboy was the nominee.

[Linked Image]
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You guys can talk tough all you want, but you’ll be walking or driving electric if this gets done like they want.

Read my post. I am to the point that I dont go more than 10 miles. I will ride a horse. You can be a sheep. I refuse

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
Don’t be naive, Romney is not some rogue RINO, He is just another Establishment Puppet doing exactly what he is told to do.

He wouldn’t cast a single vote without the Approval of Mitch McConnell and the leadership of the Republican Club elites.

I’m not being naive. Romney isn’t an establishment puppet, he is the establishment.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Hudge
Europe is already reversing course on electric cars and going back to embracing internal combustion engines. Hopefully America wakes the hell up and does the same.
Never when Dems are in charge....

Originally Posted by efw
2024 is coming and we’re gonna run those bastards out on a rail you just watch

crazy
While I pray you're correct, everyone I talk to around here has zero hope that any conservative wins.

This is pretty much it. This is absolute tyranny made real. And the point of this post isn’t they want to do it or even that they’ve succeeded, the point is that it easily could have been prevented with the support of the majority of the American people if Mitt Romney and a few others weren’t such gigantic pieces of [bleep].
The only hope is that enough reps in Congress feel enough heat to rethink their dedication to EVs.. And I mean they need HEAT!! As in calls, letters, emails etc...
Originally Posted by MAC

Read my post. I am to the point that I dont go more than 10 miles. I will ride a horse. You can be a sheep. I refuse
Agreed.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
JoeBob Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MAC

Good for you. Now what about your kids, grandkids, and everyone else who has to live in the real world? Do they get to be sheep too, or can they be big bad wolves in the nursing home with you?

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/13/23.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
FMR..........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
They all go home sometime. If folks really got tired of the schit, that would not be an option. Of course, a few would learn that the hard way, and then DC would be turned into a fortress, with the unintended consequence of also being a prison. We have the power over this whole thing, if we ever figure it out and grow the stones to use it. No man is more free than the man with nothing left to lose.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by MAC

A sentiment I subscribe to. I will have to hire a EV truck to bring the hay (EV produced of course) out to feed the horse tho.... at least until the bear gets it. smile

Last edited by las; 04/13/23.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Around my area young, middle age and senior citizens will not be able to afford an electric vehicle. So I guess they will be riding bikes or walking wherever they need to go. Maybe some Rich person could buy a few buses and help people out for a small fee. Nearest grocery store and a few other stores from my place is 4- 6 miles

Last edited by Riverc; 04/13/23.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

647 members (10Glocks, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1234, 67 invisible), 16,954 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,189
Posts18,543,388
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.