Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
PBR at my buddy Donnie’s house when we were about 12. His dad let us split a can while we were supervising one of his welding projects.

Last edited by jdunham; 12/03/22.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Can’t remember first beer
But remember first cigarette and drink of liquor
Me and the ole man was setting on a creek bank watching the red water roll by
I was 9
He was half crocked and I thought it was a good time to ask
He gave me a hard time about not being man enough to smoke
Finally after some bantering back and forth I asked for a drink
He laughed and said here
Old Crow
Turned it up and took a drink like a hot shot
LMAO
What a dumbass
Shiet shot out my nose , some went into wrong pipe
Coughed , choked , thought I was gonna die
Ole man busted a gut laughing at me
Took a few to regroup
A little later started about the cigarette again
Finally gave me one , a pall mall I think it was
After the liquor I took it easy
After a couple puffs , Shiet I got this
He started saying inhale
Arguing I was , he kept telling me I wasn’t
Couldn’t understand about inhaling in mouth and lungs being two different things
He finally ribbed me enough I took a big draw and got the lunger
Again , snot flying , coughing , and choking
He had some hearty laughs at a dumbass kids expenses
But I insisted
Didn’t bother him about it no more for a long time
Kenneth

Last edited by Kenneth66; 12/03/22.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Guess no one here raised in the St Louis area as they have not admitted to their first Griesedieck beer. Best I recall I recognized the Falstaff emblem as I didn't learn to read until I was six years old. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The champagne of beers, it was the most delicious concocksion I had ever consumed at the age of five. Dad said hold my beer and he forgot I held onto it.

Last edited by thirtyotsix; 12/03/22.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I remember splitting a tall boy with Grandma when my parents were out for the evening.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was pretty young, perhaps 5 or a little younger. It could have either been one of these [Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com] or a PBR (WV thing). My dad kind of did a beer rotation in our weekly grocery shopping. I don't remember too many specific brands because my share was never more than 3 fingers in the bottom of a glass or cup until I was big enough to sneak some out of the fridge on my own.

I do remember Iron City, maybe Stroh's once and some schitt in a mostly red & white can with 'DRAFT' conspicuously etched into it that we would get from Kroger's. Of course it really didn't matter as I got older and exposed to the finer things of the world I came to realize it was all 3.2% crap. Most of what I drink these days are local micro-brews and I have about five growlers at my up north house that make the trip into Fairbanks or Healy with me when they're empty.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
My dad made home brew. He would give my brother & I a swig at bedtime, probably to make us go to sleep faster.
Later in life I realized the beer he made was pretty good.
First time I got buzzed/drunk I was 14. Schlitz beer at a house party around the corner from our house.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My parents didn't drink very much at all, but some summer evenings, they'd send me - age probably five - to the local tavern with a nickel-plated beer bucket. The 'tender would fill it with draft and I'd carry it home. That's how well everybody knew everybody in neighborhoods back then. I never took a sip.

About that same time, Dad visited somebody down the road on the tractor, with me riding along by standing on the spreader bar at the back. The neighbor gave him a bottle of beer as we left, and Dad ave me a big swallow. I vividly recall having something of a hard time staying on the spreader bar on the bouncy ride home!
And early girl friend who dad! Was a distributor provided the beer

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Way too young.

Yeah.
Was sharing Old German or Genesee with Pap before I started school.
Drinking beer has never been a big thing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No idea when it was, young. 95% probability it was liberated from dads beer fridge in the garage so it would have been a High Life.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PBR

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Lucky Lager , a Ca. beer about 1956 15 yrs.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Guinness. My Irish Grandmother poured me a very small glass of it when I was a kid with a cold.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Boiling hot Budweiser from behind a truck seat in a tobacco field fella I was working for wasted one in 2 gulps

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
First time drunk was my moms home made Rootbeer that turned and all of us kids were lining up to drink the stuff.
I was maybe 8 or 9
next time Drunk was New Years Eve. when I was 12 Vodka

My First Beer was at the Drag Races i was Probably 19 and it was a Bud.
I had 2 more at latter Drags and then got a piss warm one and I have never had another beer in my life after that.

The Hard stuff ya but after High School I limited my self to just sippin and enjoying instead of getting all polluted

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It was a neighborhood Keg held in our yard. I was 6 years old. No idea what brand or flavor. Neighbors & an aunt was trying to stop me as I was a little over 6 years old. Dad continued to say it was OK 6 cups in. I was told my mother was up with me all night on the big phone. Never had much use for the stuff since.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Born and raised in Colorado. Had many (hundred, two hundred?) relatives in north eastern Colorado, south eastern Wyoming, German background.

Lots of opportunities to sneak a sip of beer at their homes and huge reunions, even when a toddler.

My parents let us kids have a sip of occasional beer and wine, their philosophy was to let us know it wasn’t a forbidden fruit and we we less likely to abuse it later on. We didn’t.

I remember we took the tour at the Coors brewery in Golden, and at the end they had tables to sit down and get small paper cup samples of fresh brewed Coors. I went up twice to get a cup ... I was prolly 8 years old.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Michelob. My uncle was an Anheuser Busch distributor when it was still a good company.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Schliz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dad was an Olympia man. There are pictures of me at 5 years old sucking down Dad's Oly.

Been a beer lover ever since.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,195
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.