Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
The forum is slow these days, might as well kick the hornets nest.

I am working on loads for my 5th 308 Win. and was talking with a bud about it. We both kind of agreed it is overrated in terms of accuracy. I really like the chambering and think it is tied with the 270 Win for the best best NA hunting round for the average hunter. Not hard to get MOA groups, but I've never had a real smoker. For a tack driver, I'd bet on a 6.5 Creed any day.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
HR IC

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
if you're getting MOA and you're talking about hunting rifles, WTH is the problem with accuracy? Creedmore may be a tack driver, but I'll take a 308, 270, or 30-06 for hunting any day. Yep, you kicked the hornet's nest of the unrepentant old guy who despises Creedmores.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by djb

I am working on loads for my 5th 308 Win. and was talking with a bud about it. We both kind of agreed it is overrated in terms of accuracy. I really like the chambering and think it is tied with the 270 Win for the best best NA hunting round for the average hunter. Not hard to get MOA groups, but I've never had a real smoker. For a tack driver, I'd bet on a 6.5 Creed any day.

The Creedmoor has the advantage of better chamber/throat dimensions standardized by SAAMI. In particular, the SAAMI min spec throat diameter for the Creedmoor is a half thousandth over bullet diameter. The corresponding dimension for the 308 is two thousandths over bullet diameter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All the homework has been done on the .308 for decades, regarding reamers, bullets, loads, rifle blueprints, etc. and that counts for a lot in some folks' eyes. Used to be that when a big name accuracy shop or tactical shop put up promotional pics of 10 round groups from their rifles, it was generally either going to be a .308 or a 6mmBR / 6mmPPC.

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
if you're getting MOA and you're talking about hunting rifles, WTH is the problem with accuracy? Creedmore may be a tack driver, but I'll take a 308, 270, or 30-06 for hunting any day. Yep, you kicked the hornet's nest of the unrepentant old guy who despises Creedmores.

Any particular reason?

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JPro
All the homework has been done on the .308 for decades, regarding reamers, bullets, loads, rifle blueprints, etc. and that counts for a lot in some folks' eyes. Used to be that when a big name accuracy shop or tactical shop put up promotional pics of 10 round groups from their rifles, it was generally either going to be a .308 or a 6mmBR / 6mmPPC.

And it's a solid bet their 308 chamber reamer didn't have a .310"+ throat diameter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
And it's a solid bet their 308 chamber reamer didn't have a .310"+ throat diameter.

Bet you are right....

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have owned a number of 308s over the years and moved on to other more "interesting" cartridges but I finally found my way out of the wilderness and back to the 308 almost by accident. I was building a rifle in 6mm CM and at the last moment, decided to buy a suppressor. With that in mind, the only 20" Proof pre-fit barrel available was in 308 so the decision was made, 308 it was going to be. After shooting the 308 again after being away for year, I'm convinced it's the most well balanced short action cartridge available, it does everything well with little fanfare. It has become my go-to hunting rifle and don't see that changing.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by djb

Holy smokes! Might as well take a picture of yourself whizzing in a box full of .222Rem brass while you're at it. grin

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love the 308 Winchester. Does everything I need!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djb

No argument here. I, like you will shoot whatever I damn well please..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
At least the OP didn't criticize the 30-06.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by djb

The Creedmoor has the advantage of better chamber/throat dimensions standardized by SAAMI. In particular, the SAAMI min spec throat diameter for the Creedmoor is a half thousandth over bullet diameter. The corresponding dimension for the 308 is two thousandths over bullet diameter.

This is the right answer.

Cut a .308 Win with a .3085 diameter/.175 long/1 degree freebore in a good barrel and it will shoot to the limits of the shooter.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have owned a bunch of 308's , a bunch of 270's , and a couple of 6.5 Creedmoor's , both the 270's and the Creedmoor's on average were more accurate than the 308's

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by irfubar
I have owned a bunch of 308's , a bunch of 270's , and a couple of 6.5 Creedmoor's , both the 270's and the Creedmoor's on average were more accurate than the 308's

I agree with you and the OP. I've had many 308's, some have even been frustrating, where my 30-06's best them. The last 2 308's I'm keeping are very good shooters though. I'll be hanging on to them for a while. A couple months ago, I did a side by side comparison between one of my 6.5 creedmoor's and my latest 308 winchester. Tit for tat, the creedmoor kicked its azz.. I actually had high hopes for the 308 that day!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My custom Schultz and Larsen heavy barrel model 54 target 308 Win is likely just as accurate as any 6.5 C. It's more accurate than me. My best 5 shot groups at 100 yds are in the 0.3" which is basically a ragged hole. It's better groups are easily repeatable. My local range has a 300 yd berm, so for a shorter range target gun I'm not looking for more accuracy and don't need the advantage of. 264" over .308"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Another thing that makes my Schultz a better short ranger is the old school 1:14 twist. It loves 155gr and 168gr, but won't stabilize more than 180’s

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I'll quit right here.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Again, I like the 308 and it's been my main hunting cartridge for years. 2 Factory Rem 700's, a Tikka, a CVA, and 1 custom with a Douglas with a 'match' chamber.... I've never had one that was a real tack driver. Seen a lot of factory rifles in 6.5 Creed not need custom work to outshoot about any 308 Win I have seen. Still believe its rep as to accuracy is a bit overstated.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I think I'll quit right here.

You are like me. All of your rifles shoot good. "I'll quit right here".

Well, I can't stop right there. The most accurate 308win I've seen is one of my buddies. He's a member of the local SWAT. He asked if I'd shoot it, "to see what it could really do". Funny thing is it's an old Tikka that his dad gave him recently. "Dad never shot it, just stuck it in the closet about 10 or 15 years ago", according to my buddy. Anyway, a stainless T3 varmint.

5 shots on target:
I did not take that target home and try to measure it, since it was my buddies rifle. This is as it was stapled to the backer board. My buddy took a pic with his phone that has a ballistic app that measures groups. It said ".110" or something like that. I told him it was fos and probably closer to 1/4". Because of my buddies great shooting Tikka, I had to pull mine out and start messing with it:

Mine is also a T3, but a stainless lite. Not a damn thing wrong with these older T3's, after you replace the aluminum recoil lug and the bolt shroud. I also put this one in a new T3X stock, added a bolt stop from a 6.5 creedmoor and also run creedmoor mags, so I can get the bullets out close to the lands.

It's a great shooter:

Then my latest buy was a Winchester model 70 Heavy varmint model. Love the rifle and it was a damn good deal. I recently sold my AR10 308 target rifle, and found myself with almost 1,000 pcs of 308 win primed brass. Most primed with BR2's, so buying another 308 was the right thing to do.

Now, to be fair, after shooting a roughly 3/4" group at 400 yards with it,
I thought it was ready to take on the creedmoor, that is the backup to my competition rifle. Wind conditions sucked that day, so it was a great test. Not being partial to either one, to be fair, I set out to see which one prevailed as winner:

The 6.5 Creedmoor:
As you can see, both rifles were wearing identical scopes. None had an advantage in that department. That's why I left the competition rifle at home!!

Here are the results from 2 very similar rifles:

6.5 CM:

308 Win:

I have respect for the 308 win, but there's no denying how good the 6.5 creedmoor really is.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
G
I had a Savage FP in 308 that with reloads would do .5" all day. Never should have sold it. Now have a Tikka Veil that will do whatever I need it to do as long as I do my part.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Outstanding groups, but I'm allergic to plastic smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BSA, you never miss a good dick-measuring contest...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have great accuracy with 30-06, 270, 308 and 7mm-08, some took longer to develop but with patient load development it can be done.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can't say the .308 is over or underrated in regard to accuracy...nor can I do it for the 6.5 CM.

I can say I have a generic load for both of those that's shot well in every rifle I've put it through. Currently using the generic .308 load in 5 different rifles and the generic 6.5 CM load in 4 different rifles....and I've let more than a few go chambered in each that worked well in the past. Neither of those generic load were "worked up". They are the only two rounds I've had a generic load work out that well across so many different rifles.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have several generic loads for the 308 that any healthy rifle ought to shoot well. I'm not claiming originality either, just good execution in assembly.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I think the real accomplishment, is 30 cal ballistics in a smaller shell. I can't make any fantastic claims for accuracy because I'm not a great shot. Even from the bench. But I've spent some hard labor packing my Dad's elk back to camp that he took with grandpa's circa 52' Win 70 Featherweight. Those excursions weren't boring :-)

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Absolutely nothing wrong with a .308 in my book. I have one with a 95 Palma chamber and it's easily as accurate or more accurate than my 6.5s. For hunting in my area, I'll take a .308 any day. I still like the 6.5 Creedmoor....and the 6 Creedmoor.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by djb

I am working on loads for my 5th 308 Win. Not hard to get MOA groups, but I've never had a real smoker. For a tack driver, I'd bet on a 6.5 Creed any day.

Don’t reckon the issue is with the cartridge. The 308 will respond to as much load development you can tolerate. But, it don’t take much.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
some of the most accurate rifles I have encountered were early 700ADLs in 308 WIN

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My latest 5 shot group from my 308. Not my best shooting but ok.

Last edited by Esox357; 04/18/23.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I re-entered the 308 world a few years ago when I bought a Mauser M12. It is pretty accurate with the 168 gr ELDX and factory Federal 165 gr blue box that I used below.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Have a 308 I worked up a load for. Did a velocity test with about 8-10 rounds, picked one to try. Tried one powder, one charge, one bullet, one seating depth, got .4" @100. One and done.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any guys on here actually serve their country in some foreign sht hole, and see first hand, the 7.62 feed flawlessly from machine guns?

Fk the creedmoor. Bench rest creations have little to do with what makes a great hunting cartridge.

Any gunwriter claiming the creedmoor is a better cartridge, should join the fkn Army or Marines, as the spoiled fk probably has too much time on his hands.......

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/19/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Any guys on here actually serve their country in some foreign sht hole, and see first hand, the 7.62 feed flawlessly from machine guns?

Fk the creedmoor. Bench rest creations have little to do with what makes a great hunting cartridge.

Any gunwriter claiming the creedmoor is a better cartridge, should join the fkn Army or Marines, as the spoiled fk probably has too much time on his hands.......

WWP53D
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A bit of CDS manifesting there.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SKane

Woah, wrestling memes?! Did we just become best friends? Much better use of time. Remember this fkn guy from the 80's:

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have three, both less than an inch groups with 150 Sierra GameKing bullets. It rates right up there with me. I guess I should throw them SOB’s away

Last edited by hanco; 04/19/23.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hanco
I have three, both less than an inch groups with 150 Sierra GameKing bullets. It rates right up there with me. I guess I should throw them SOB’s away

Let me PM you an address of a disposal company that will take them . grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Dear Macho Man Randy Savage,
The military has been using the 6.5 Crapmoor in sniper rifles.
I agree with you on the 7.62 rounds in machine guns. M240s are superb in the feeding department, and might be decidedly less so with a steeper shouldered round.
Signed,
Guy who sent a few rounds downrange with 7.62 chambered rifles and machine guns

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
All the 1/2" rifles won't win many if any benchrest shoots. Then again all the 1/4"- bench rest rifles in the world won't do you as well as a 308W w/200gr bullet facing a pissed off Grizzly! Pretty much any cartridge can kill a big game animal at 500yds if YOU can place the bullet right! Then again you can watch any animal run off at any distance if you miss, regardless what your shooting!

Last edited by DonFischer; 04/19/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

I agree with you on the 7.62 rounds in machine guns. M240s are superb in the feeding department, and might be decidedly less so with a steeper shouldered round.
Signed,

laugh
I wondered if/when someone might point out that fact concerning the Creedmoor.

There are no flies on either chambering as far as I'm concerned.

And we all know who the OG is anyway:

WWP53D
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SKane

Signed,

laugh
I wondered if/when someone might point out that fact concerning the Creedmoor.

There are no flies on either chambering as far as I'm concerned.

And we all know who the OG is anyway:

308 winchester, steroids, and cocaine.

oh yeah! Snap into a Slim Jim pukesters!
[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/dQ6gxe7F52E?feature=share[/video]

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/19/23.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Factory Rem 700 Varmint barrel,

10-shots at 100 yards, .65" center to center.

540 yards,

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Factory Rem 700 Varmint barrel,

10-shots at 100 yards, .65" center to center.

540 yards,

My 2008 Rem 700 SPS shoots just like that, 10 shots covered with a quarter at 100 yards. What’s not to like?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Factory Rem 700, thrown charges of IMR4064 and a 4x scope at 300 yards:

[Linked Image]

Factory Rem 700, thrown charges of IMR4895, 6x scope at 100 yards, 17 shots almost fit under a quarter:

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Factory Rem 700, thrown charges of IMR4064, scope on 9x, three shots to verify elevation dialed for 300 yard zero:

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All of you have overlooked one very important detail:

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know what they say about the guys who doth protest too much....and have softcore gay pics on their HD lol

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Can the 3 not so great work with ass shots?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I am pleased this thread came up. I have never gotton the accuracy that many here post with the 308 and figured I must be doing something wrong. I have 3 pre 64 1 Remington 700 and one Winchester classic and one number 4 mk 1 converted from 303 to 308.
I have bought lapua brass Redding competition dies tried all the accuracy loads and have basically failed to reach the one inch mark consistently. usually 1 1/2 inch. .I am able to shoot well with my 3006, one inch or less, my 270, my 2506 and my 7mm08, the last two about5/8 of an inch. so I basically give-up or figured that the groups shrank as they hit the typewriter.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
If you can't group 1" regularly with a 308 I don't believe it's the cartridge that's the problem. I didn't use a typewriter to shoot the groups i posted above.

Last edited by mathman; 04/20/23. Reason: typo
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you can't group 1" regularly with a 308 I don't believe it's the cartridge that's the problem. I didn't use a typewriter to shoot the groups i posted above.

+1

Have quite a few, and only my Win M100 carbine won't do it. Most have done it with minimal effort.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I wouldn't say 308 is overrated. It's proven to be quite accurate, and my personal use has show the same. But I will say it has been surpassed by 6.5 CM.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Signed,

There are some M110-based 6.5 Creedmoor rifles in service. They've also be notably more finicky than the .308 Winchesters. I've even read some units sourced .260 Remington barrels because they were more reliable.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
drop point, Please give an example of a ,260 barrel being more reliable than a 6.5 CM barrel?? Rio7

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My tactical .308 is the most accurate rifle I ever owned. It's not my primary hunter because of its weight, but nothing i ever owned was/is more accurate. I fussed with it for months when I first bought it, to get below .250 with 3 and 5 shot groups. Several different brands of bullets, cases and powder finally all came together, and now consistent 100 yard groups under .250 are routine and 1.00 groups at 300 yards are common. My best load is the 168 grain CC, with 43.5 grains of RL-15 using WW, cases. Going to mess with some Lapua cases this summer just to see what happens. For coyotes I use a 150 grain soft nose as the CC's slide right through

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by RIO7
drop point, Please give an example of a ,260 barrel being more reliable than a 6.5 CM barrel?? Rio7

I suspect it has to do with feeding, not the barrel per se.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7

The case taper and shoulder angle are the same as .308 Winchester, which the magazines and feed lips were designed for. As Mathman points out, it is feeding better. As for an example, it is literally what I posted; 6.5 Creedmoors have had some problems leading to some units adopting .260 Remington. I don't have any articles pointing to that, but was based on conversations I had read from people more in the know than I am.

Last edited by drop_point; 04/22/23.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

'Nuff said.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
308 winchester, and 308 based cartridges, cream of the crop!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The hilarious thing about the 308 'Chester is that is generally shoots better than well, despite violating several tenants of precision; it has an "old" shoulder angle, many rifles have lands you can't "chase" and fit the magazine length and has several decades of ammunition, brass and bullet design changes that all rear their heads when trying to make repetitive accuracy. But it still does.

It also eats about every known rifle powder speed without much fuss, and is wide ranging in that regard. It will generally make its nominal speeds with those powders as well.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've owned more .308 Winchesters than any other chambering except maybe .223. Those rifles included a 760, M1A loaded model, 700 5r milspec, 700 Police, and a semi custom sporter wearing a Douglas barrel.

Each one of those rifles were/are capable of fine accuracy, and were very easy to load for. It's a wonderful cartridge and one I'll be shooting for many years to come.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A 308 has been my favorite centerfire caliber for years, it's accurate, doesn't eat burn out barrels like the over bored cartridges, and has plenty of power for anything I'll ever hunt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

+1

Have quite a few, and only my Win M100 carbine won't do it. Most have done it with minimal effort.

My 100 does..and with factory ammo

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by WhelenAway

+1

My 100 does..and with factory ammo

My BAR loves the Norma 150gr ammo. Probably better try it in the M100 too.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always considered the 308 a carbine cartridge. I finally bought a bull barreled 700 BDL and some match bullets. I don’t consider that 700 as a hunting rifle - paper shooter only. But my 600 Mohawk I do. I have no idea how many 308’s I’ve owned, most were 600 Mohawks or 660’s. But I’ve had 700’s, an AR in 308, a Mauser 98, Winchester 70, a Tikka, and a Ruger 77. The only ones I really liked were the 600’s.

I like the 30-06 much more than the 308 for a hunting rifle.

I never desired a 6.5 man bun. If I were to get a 6.5 it would be either a 264 or 6.5-06 or 6.5-06AI. But if a 6.5x55 in a Remington Classic we’re to come along…

Last edited by Bugger; 04/24/23.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My 308 Win rifles shoot OK.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bugger
But if a 6.5x55 in a Remington Classic we’re to come along…

About 12 years ago I found one on the used gun rack at the Cabelas in Sidney, NE. I had a buttload of points from their club card and cashed them in on the rifle. Really a sweet shooting thing. I have always wanted one in 7x57 but have not come across one.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
D
djb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I got some Horn 155 bthp and CFE 223 to try. The CFE with the Horn 150 flat base shot MOA, but nothing spectacular.

My identical Tikka T3 in 6.5 Creed is still besting its bigger brother. I still think the 308 is great as a hunting cartridge but a little overrated in terms of 'inherent' accuracy. The 270 Win has been more accurate in my experience too.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wonder how many long range hits were made by sniper teams in combat that went between 500-800 meters with a 7.62x51. With today’s super match grade barrel accuracy and bullet technology it’s only gotten better. It’ll never overtake the 6.5 Creedmoor in very long range work, but for larger game (500-1,000+lbs) the 308 Win, IMO, hits harder with more authority and more blood loss from the muzzle out to 400 yards. Having almost 17% more frontal area and easily 40 gr - 60 gr more of bullet weight it provides tremendous power for hunting big animals, more so than the 6.5mm Creedmoor can provide with its lighter bullet weights and pencil size holes. I could care less about what’s happening out at 700 meters, but that’s just me. To each his own.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by djb
I got some Horn 155 bthp and CFE 223 to try. The CFE with the Horn 150 flat base shot MOA, but nothing spectacular.

My identical Tikka T3 in 6.5 Creed is still besting its bigger brother. I still think the 308 is great as a hunting cartridge but a little overrated in terms of 'inherent' accuracy. The 270 Win has been more accurate in my experience too.

For the last couple of packaging changes I haven't found these to produce the groups several of my rifles are capable of with other bullets.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yea, those flat base hornadys are just so-so.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They have been for me since they changed the ogive.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
200 grain norma oryx, 46 grains leverevolution, 2600 fps. Exceeds the minimum bison legal requirements here in AK.

Decent little thumper for most Alaskan game, whereas the 6.5 douche-nozzle is worthless.

The 308 winchester is a real American:

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Decent little thumper for most Alaskan game, whereas the 6.5 douche-nozzle is worthless.

Explain that to Charles Sheldon...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Wonder how many long range hits were made by sniper teams in combat that went between 500-800 meters with a 7.62x51. With today’s super match grade barrel accuracy and bullet technology it’s only gotten better. It’ll never overtake the 6.5 Creedmoor in very long range work, but for larger game (500-1,000+lbs) the 308 Win, IMO, hits harder with more authority and more blood loss from the muzzle out to 400 yards. Having almost 17% more frontal area and easily 40 gr - 60 gr more of bullet weight it provides tremendous power for hunting big animals, more so than the 6.5mm Creedmoor can provide with its lighter bullet weights and pencil size holes. I could care less about what’s happening out at 700 meters, but that’s just me. To each his own.

100% agree

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards are a hoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

"Frontal area",hits "harder" and "power" are Window Licking staples. Hint.

The boys issued a fhuqking 308,had zero "choices" and 'surprisingly" most of the "vaunted" heritage was Pre-LRF and a fhuqking guess at best. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Physics just "happens" to matter and the Transonic slip of a 308 is fhuqking HILARIOUS,compared to a 264 Kreed. Hint.

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqks never disappoint,by simply doing your best. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards are a hoot...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The boys issued a fhuqking 308,had zero "choices" and 'surprisingly" most of the "vaunted" heritage was Pre-LRF and a fhuqking guess at best. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Physics just "happens" to matter and the Transonic slip of a 308 is fhuqking HILARIOUS,compared to a 264 Kreed. Hint.

Have you ever killed anything, anything at all at long range?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Ain't it a fascinating CONSTANT,that you've never seen or shot ANY of it...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Cheer up...it were yet ANOTHER "slow" day. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Riflehunter

No, but dammit he's ready. Lol. The virtual numbers are all set for the virtual hunting. Have to have high BC, long OAL, and low virtue for that game.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KenMi

No, but dammit he's ready. Lol. The virtual numbers are all set for the virtual hunting. Have to have high BC, long OAL, and low virtue for that game.
He only shoots steel plates at long distance. That's why "frontal area", "hits harder" and "power" make no difference to him. They still go "twang"! Even a .224.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/25/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ladies,

It ain't my intent to diminish your Dumbfhuqktitude,nor your non-hetero correspondence...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint Congratulations?!?

I'm torn on my BEST 308 and they are wares you've never seen or could "afford". Hint.

Bless your heart(s) for Lying,Crying and Trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Dang stick might be harder on rifles than I am. That scope got the schit kicked out of it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
you might want to talk with some snipers that layed out in the country for hours on hours about their .308's ( that was nam)

Last edited by texken; 04/25/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rossimp

Meters?
WTF man?🙃🙃

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 04/25/23.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have spent more than a few hours behind an M24 as well as an M110, as both were issued weapons. I have zero issues with the .308.

Here at home I hunt with a .308 more often than not and have found it to be a very accurate cartridge and have found no problems getting my rifles to shoot small groups. No flies on the 6.5CM either, and I have a couple of those as well, along with a .260, but I have killed a fair bit of elk and mule deer with the .308 and am quite familiar with it, so it is often the first thing I tend to grab.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The FN SPR A1,was the best over the counter 308 offering and their C/L spouts are hammers. Hint................

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Despises them but hasn't shot one...

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 264 Kreedmire,simply connects mechanical dots related to Physics,which Droolers cain't savvy. Hint.

There's a WHOPPING .044" diameter "difference" betwixt it and a 308. That's 14 layers of Scotch Tape,which is "HUGE" and VERY "important" to Critters. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 264 Kreed',simply arranges meaningful start/impact velocities,with rather modest recoil and such things tend to treat their Owners well. Impact velocities arrive at higher levels,which promote projectile performance,atmospherics are fended capably and recoil is rather sedate,in relative extrapolation of the improved performance. Hint.

The 'Kreed's Supersonic Range greatly exceeds the 308 Win's,which is tough on Crying Karen Window Lickers. Hint.

Physics ain't "subjective". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The 264 Kreed',simply arranges meaningful start/impact velocities,with rather modest recoil and such things tend to treat their Owners well.

On top of that the SAAMI spec chamber for the 6.5 has a throat section much closer to bullet diameter than that for the 308, increasing the likelihood of an off the rack 6.5 being a good shooter.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The 264 Kreedmire,simply connects mechanical dots related to Physics,which Droolers cain't savvy. Hint.

There's a WHOPPING .044" diameter "difference" betwixt it and a 308. That's 14 layers of Scotch Tape,which is "HUGE" and VERY "important" to Critters. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 264 Kreed',simply arranges meaningful start/impact velocities,with rather modest recoil and such things tend to treat their Owners well. Impact velocities arrive at higher levels,which promote projectile performance,atmospherics are fended capably and recoil is rather sedate,in relative extrapolation of the improved performance. Hint.

The 'Kreed's Supersonic Range greatly exceeds the 308 Win's,which is tough on Crying Karen Window Lickers. Hint.

Who cares if the "supersonic range" of the 308 is less than the Gaymoor's?

Dog I rescued in January

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
.308 is kinda like Stockholms syndrome for us former military dudes. That's about it. Not earth shattering anywhere, but yet remains.......

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 04/26/23.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
.308 is a cartridge that just gets the job done. Nothing fancy, just a great cartridge. Wouldn't give 50 cents for a 6.5 creed. Give me anything on a 308 win or 06 case, every time. You can thank the 06 and 308 your not speaking a foreign language and voting socialist communist or whatever they do. And thank you to those who used them in the name of liberty. But the 6.5 creed has better b.c., get the heck outta here lmao

Last edited by Coyote10; 04/27/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oddly enough in 37 years of hunting the transonic barrier has not yet come up as an issue

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

The HILARITY of your "life's" experience and Brokedicktitude,do not factor innovation(s)...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for believing otherwise.

Hint.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The 308 is like an old hunting buddy. May have lost a step over the years, and you've heard all their stories 1,000 times. But they still accomplish their fair share, and they'll be there an hour before dawn on opening morning, ready to go hunting.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tzone I have shot one. Medium size hog just before dark. He flopped down. Gone when we went to collect him after dark. Head shot. Only hog I've ever lost.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DonFischer
All the 1/2" rifles won't win many if any benchrest shoots. Then again all the 1/4"- bench rest rifles in the world won't do you as well as a 308W w/200gr bullet facing a pissed off Grizzly! Pretty much any cartridge can kill a big game animal at 500yds if YOU can place the bullet right! Then again you can watch any animal run off at any distance if you miss, regardless what your shooting!

> that is a very good point !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rickt300

Karen,

Such things represent velocity retention,which slips atmospherics better,arrives the scene with a higher percentage of velocity,which tends to bolster terminal affects,amongst a host of other constants overy your pointy head and crossed eyes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

M40 contoured Mike Rock 11.25" 5R here,chambered M852. MacaMillion,Marty steel M4 bottom,yada,yada,yada. As good as 308's get. Hint.

Keep "living" vicariously,despite it being your ONLY "move". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rickt300

Karen,

Such things represent velocity retention,which slips atmospherics better,arrives the scene with a higher percentage of velocity,which tends to bolster terminal affects,amongst a host of other constants overy your pointy head and crossed eyes...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

M40 contoured Mike Rock 11.25" 5R here,chambered M852. MacaMillion,Marty steel M4 bottom,yada,yada,yada. As good as 308's get. Hint.

Keep "living" vicariously,despite it being your ONLY "move". Hint.

So how are terminal effects noticeably improved inside 400 yards? Why the 852 chamber?

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You should KNOW better than anyone,that there's NOTHING fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Got the first of the day wrapped up. Now onto the next. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,that your STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act".

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
100 yards is a long shot for me. But this transonic slip stuff has me skived out. I might have to retire my 308. Good thing I have a .300 Savage. That should do it

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rickety,

You should KNOW better than anyone,that there's NOTHING fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Got the first of the day wrapped up. Now onto the next. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,that your STUPIDITY is no fhuqking "act".

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

The question was why the 852 chamber? I like the M118 better.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by moosemike
100 yards is a long shot for me. But this transonic slip stuff has me skived out. I might have to retire my 308. Good thing I have a .300 Savage. That should do it
I know, for me it has been years since I had to shoot 300 yards at anything other than paper or steel. That even tops out at 600 yards.

Dog I rescued in January

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ladies,

I'm torn on my BEST 308 and they are wares you've never seen or could "afford". Hint.

I don't know, Stick....my .308 is around $50k.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
Ladies,

I don't know, Stick....my .308 is around $50k.

Tony

That’s a helluva good MMG. Thanks for the memory

Semper Fi
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Ah..just the sight of it. Exactly the kind of hardware the 7.62 was made for. Bolt 308 guns are fun, but the auto loaders are funner

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Mathman,
The best reason I can give you is that for about 70 years of shooting and hunting, none of the three have failed if I did my part. I will not shoot at animals I respect at much more than 275 yards eventhough I can hit them, too much possibility of wounding. And, I do not feel the need to have the very latest sooper dooper caliber. I'll leave that to the current crop of techie gun writers. And Yes, I have owned a Creedmore until it proved to be no better than the three and in some cases worse.
By the way, I learned a lot from your hand loading posts.

Coach Bryant.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I understand not feeling the need for the allegedly latest and greatest, taking longer shots and so on. I'm often toting a 250 or 300 Savage when I'm after deer and pigs. I just don't figure how that would lead you to despise the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Physics ain't subjective,but Estrogen does funny things to Karens and I mean fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Bless their hearts,for being powerless in the refrain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Here's to the Sweet "Satisfactions" which are your's,in being able to Google your Man Lust Fantasies and conjure an image to satiate same...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon the reality of wares that exist,as you Google Gals do your best,with your Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's nothing ..... Check these sweet guns out!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

You be sure to keep Googling aloud,as you steal pics to salve your reality...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Big Sick,
You're cockery is only exceeded by your miserable bastardization of the English language. No body care about your dribble drabble weeble screeble. Those fish reruns STINK, and the mutilated deer pics are UGLY.

Take a hike with your JUNK. Just so you know, Nosler, Barnes and Hodgdon aren't supported by a Stick, or even two or three. Lots of people SHOOT and HUNT way more than you. Right now they're busy SHOOTING. and don't have the time of day for some SICKO named stick.

PUKE! I can't stand the dribblings of a BARFBAG

isn't it moose mating season?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kchuntekt,

Weren't my intent to horn you up,as you wax eloquent upon your copious Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps give Imaginary Pretend ignore a whirl,as it's THE Swan Song for all you CLUELESS Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Your Whine is VERY soothing and you really know how to Hissy a Fit,undoubtedly due a "life" of practice. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

Now roll over and then set...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqkin LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not too worried about my 308 out to 100 yards but Stick has me really thinking about this transonic stuff. What if I have to take a 120 yard shot? That transonic barrier might pop up and get me. Maybe I had better go back to the Aught-Six and 180 Core-Lokt's. Just for peace of mind

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see you have your recreational vehicle out for one last blast of the year.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just wish they would have designed the .308 case with a longer neck, perhaps 2.045" (or longer) case length like the .243. If the throating is right for the 175 to 185's, the neck is too short to get the 150 boat-tails close to the lands for accuracy.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Just wish they would have designed the .308 case with a longer neck, perhaps 2.045" (or longer) case length like the .243. If the throating is right for the 175 to 185's, the neck is too short to get the 150 boat-tails close to the lands for accuracy.

Even 165/168 grain boat tails are half way up the neck. The 30-06 is the better cartridge.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You know, I experimented with .243 brass necking up to .308. Thickness of brass in the neck is ok, but you lose too much length in necking up...no real advantage. Thought of using 7 x 57 brass, blowing it out and shortening it, but then you have the problem of different brass thicknesses in the neck area. The neck on a .308 SAAMI is also very wide, making neck lengthening with a neck reamer problematic.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/28/23.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Every time I see this I want to buy another fifties F model 99. I only have 2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M

This does not make sense.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Agreed.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I previously explained this to you in relation to your .300 Savage and the very short neck on the .300 Savage case. In a short action that has the capability (via an extended mag) for long seating of long .308 projectiles (e.g. Remington 700, Winchester 70 short action) so that they don't protrude much below the case neck/shoulder junction, if seated out for optimal length for the 175-185 grain projectiles, the neck is too short for the non-mono 150 boat-tails.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt's Imagination and Pretend,reliably "take" her to places that don't/can't exist and her lady friend Rickety,likes to travel along with her. Hint.

Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt's Imagination and Pretend,reliably "take" her to places that don't/can't exist and her lady friend Rickety,likes to travel along with her. Hint.

Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

You lying P.O.S. Little Stick. You use Remington 700's exactly for the point I just made, e.g. magazine length for seating long projectiles at optimal length..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Your HILARIOUS attempt(s) at sucking my ass,never wanes,you Magnificently STUPID Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". You are doing "GREAT!". Hint.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hey Big Pussy how about you reveal yourself? The backside of a donkey ought to work if you don't have something recent of you and the bridezilla.

The way life should be.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

Your HILARIOUS attempt(s) at sucking my ass,never wanes,you Magnificently STUPID Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". You are doing "GREAT!". Hint.

Calling you a lying piece of schidt with a little dichk, is hardly "sucking your ass".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poofish,

Weren't my intent to horn you up and have you unleash your Wanton Man Lust Cravings...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Start flapping your Fairy Wings,for even more Hissy,to frost your Fit ith. For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing you NAUGHTY Girl. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

SniffleKchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend about me,in the manner which soothes you best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Your very WELL founded Insecurities,are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Bless your Brokedick heart,for sucking such a mean ass.

Fhuqking laughing!.............

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
poofish,

Weren't my intent to horn you up and have you unleash your Wanton Man Lust Cravings...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Start flapping your Fairy Wings,for even more Hissy,to frost your Fit ith. For context,simply cite how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing you NAUGHTY Girl. Hint.

SniffleKchunt,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend about me,in the manner which soothes you best...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Your very WELL founded Insecurities,are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Bless your Brokedick heart.

Perhaps now is an opportune time for you to post some of those photos of you all dressed up with the lipey on, high heals, nice dress, wig etc. I bet you're a real cutey all dressed up! Come on...post the photos.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 04/28/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Your Wanton Man Lust CRAVINGS are as fhuqking funny as your Brokedick STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised",that your Emotions have your keyboard slurring,in eager anticipation(s). To be "fair",I prefer spring heels,unless being coerced into riggin' a Lift Tree. 'Blocks are simply a better call for spurs. Google as you must,with mouth agape and crossed eyes rolled back in your pointy head,in glorious revelry. Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
SniffleKchunt,

Your Wanton Man Lust CRAVINGS are as fhuqking funny as your Brokedick STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised",that your Emotions have your keyboard slurring,in eager anticipation(s). To be "fair",I prefer spring heels,unless being coerced into riggin' a Lift Tree. 'Blocks are simply a better call for spurs. Google as you must,with mouth agape and crossed eyes rolled back in your pointy head,in glorious revelry. Hint.

You don't listen . I explained to you previously on this thread that photos of yourself with massive trees make you appear even smaller than what you are.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

I'm happy to be whatever you NEED most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep "living" vicariously and use your Imagination to Pretend aloud. Hint.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m a .308 fan. To me it’s a great hunting cartridge for most game in NA with the right bullets.

Next thing you know somebody will say that a Husky 385/395 won’t work on big timber anymore - that’ll really get the party started.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
SniffleKchunt,

You don't listen . I explained to you previously on this thread that photos of yourself with massive trees make you appear even smaller than what you are.

I thought that was the Mrs. No?

The way life should be.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Craft,

The 308 is a great donor,for the good stuff....all you gotta do is neck the suck outta it. Hint.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed.

Agreed x 2. What a pile of misunderstanding.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

So your back to snorting sawdust again...... Too bad Remington wasn't smart enough to build their short action with a 3 inch mag length.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

You are a Whining/Sniveling CLUELESS Train Wreck...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

NOTHING is fhuqking funnier,than a Texan trying to "talk" rifles. Perhaps just stick with stealing Avatars and your Chicken Little Dumbfhuqktitude. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Is .2 too much to ask?

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Dude270

Agreed.

Agreed x 2. What a pile of misunderstanding.
Brad, blame your parents for your dumbness, not me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, Remington should at least by now be making 3" boxes in their SA. Also, they should have done an extra-short action similar to the Model 20 Short NULA with a 2.5" box but they missed the boat there as well.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
SuperKchunt,

You be sure to keep Googling aloud,as you steal pics to salve your reality...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Im not laughing but a serious question. Why do this deer carry that hue of color in their antlers like such in your neck of the world? Would this be from minerals or lack of them? Maybe from moisture? Maybe it's just camera lighting?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
He photoshops all his photos. There was probably just 2 little spikes sticking out before he added a set of antlers. Note the sudden reduction in diameter on both antlers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'pine,

I never noticed. Hint.(grin)

Now as to the Google Gals who don't shoot,being stumped by 700 mag confines,that is funnier than fhuqk. Fortunately for them however,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even they can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunts. Hint.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's currently 330 or so in AK and numbnuts is up pecking away at the keyboard. Priceless.

The way life should be.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
there are TONs of reamers for 308 because the original spec’s (chamber to brass) were pretty sloppy so they could shoot well in automatics.

tighten up the spec’s by using a match reamer and they mirror the Creedmoor…

MEANING - it’s about how tight and where it’s tight in the Chamber to Brass specification… FISRT, then it’s geometry of the cartridge second.

I’m sure the “all knowing” have informed you of this… unless they were self marketing that is… Ha!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poobitch,

4:44AM here and breaking day. If I didn't have company coming today,I'd be streamside,but once I get going it's tough to stop...and the boys wouldn't be too impressed if I left them hanging. Hint.

The incredibly long list of simplistic schit,that you can't begin to do,is plum AMAZING...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep "living" vicariously and exolling your very WELL founded Brokedick Insecurities,despite it being your only "move". Hint.

Twatshooter,

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Atta boy Big Pussy. Get after it.

The way life should be.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Mathman,
I will attempt to elucidate. I was deer hunting in Texas-cull hunt for does out of a stand. Nice medium hog walks in about thirty minutes before end of shooting light. He flopped and lay still. When we went to get him after dark, he was gone. Maybe I made a bad shot, maybe not. My guide thinks I hit him high on the ridge of bone atop his head. Anyway, being a creature of sometimes bias and a detester of the latest and greatest, I sold the rifle when I got home. In other my reasons ain't completely logical.

Coach Bryant.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poobitch,

You be sure to set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,rattle pom-pom's and extoll your HILARIOUS Insecurities,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Not that you could "do" anything else,given your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". Perhaps cite how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing. Hint.

Hell...I'm still finding Mail. Hint.

SlowLizard,

What bullet? I've seen alotta "dead" Bears run off and with 375 H&H on down the line. Hint.

Though in "fairness",very FEW actually shoot or have a first fhuqking clue. Hint............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anybody else just scroll past Fug Stick's posts?

You know what he's trying to say without even reading them.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Does anybody else just scroll past Fug Stick's posts?

You know what he's trying to say without even reading them.
Nope. I read them and chuckle. Especially if they're aimed at me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hell...I'm still finding Mail. Hint.

The consummate bottom feeder.

It's probably good enough for busting rocks, if that's what you want.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trybone,

Given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",you wonder aloud as to why you are forced to be a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk and a Thieveing Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What else could you "do",but "live" vicariously and greedily read my EVER word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,from your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...albeit only with pics stolen from me. Hint.

DooshMike,

You and Trybone should Duel,for the Sweet Satisfaction of who think about me most...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

Start a Thread if you EVER go Outdoors. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trybone,

Given your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",you wonder aloud as to why you are forced to be a CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk and a Thieveing Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What else could you "do",but "live" vicariously and greedily read my EVER word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,from your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...albeit only with pics stolen from me. Hint.

DooshMike,

You and Trybone should Duel,for the Sweet Satisfaction of who think about me most...you "lucky" kchunt. hint. Congratulations?!?

Start a Thread if you EVER go Outdoors. Hint.

I was turkey hunting this morning. In the rain too. I guess I should start a thread

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DooshMike,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you NEED...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep "living" vicariously and following me around like the Lap Dog you are,as I do more than plenty for all of us. Hint.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Looking forward to your regards on this one.

Edited:..maybe not. Just took a minute to search it and from a quick once-over and SFP, donut, capped isn't what I was hoping for to swap a SWFA 1-4 for. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong scope....I'd be happy to hear that.

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 04/29/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Looking forward to your regards on this one.
If it's a [bleep] scope, Fug Stick is all over it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DooshMike,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you NEED...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep "living" vicariously and following me around like the Lap Dog you are,as I do more than plenty for all of us. Hint.

Sounds like a plan

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J',

Purchased as a lark,because I couldn't find any more 1-6x HD MQ's,as a dedicated Bear Killer of sorts. Hint.

A pard drew a pretty good Fall Kodiak tag and I know (3) more who drew Unimak next Spring. Only (1) has the Riggin' and this will make a fair to middlin' Loaner Donor,aboard the recent Winny CRF Six-Bits. Hint.

Gut hunch is,that it's LIGHTNING fast,has some impressively serious Illumination,a forgiving eyebox and nice 'relief. The boys arrive today and I'll simply give 'em their choice of glass,as I've a "few" to choose from. Hint.(grin)

R&D starts here in a bit. Hint.................

Trybone,

You gotta steal avatars too...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your Thieving Brokedick Do Nothing Whining Heart.

Hint.

DooshMike,

At least you found something you might be able to "do"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That must be VERY "rewarding" for someone like you. Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 308 is boring. So is the 6.5 man bun. Though if you’re stuck with a short action rifle you don’t have many good choices.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beggar,

Gals who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,will ALWAYS be best served by asking questions,rather than giving "answers"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktards,are a hoot! Hint.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BS is your initials for a reason.

You expect people to believe you know gals?

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beggar,

VERY good call,to refrain ALL things The Rifle...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess,as you Google aloud. HINT.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beggar,

VERY good call,to refrain ALL things The Rifle...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess,as you Google aloud. HINT.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Your Brokedick Stolen Picture Chronicles,are never not funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You go girl! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Little Stick's all excited about having visitors...how cute!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SniffleKchunt,

Wax eloquent on the Sweet Satisfactions that are your's,in craning your pencil neck,hoping to align your crossed-eyes a glimpse into the inside,as you lick windows on the outside...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (7mm_Loco, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 17 invisible), 1,616 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.