Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by rylee1
USPS policy is we dont forward sure post packages. They destroy them[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Get your facts straight. That is UPS--not USPS.

Easy now,,,it's both by the looks of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been going on for a long time.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rong
Originally Posted by pal
USPS policy is we dont forward sure post packages. They destroy them[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Easy now,,,it's both by the looks of it.

Not by the looks of the document provided as evidence of bad practice.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by pal

No, his facts are straight. It is the USPS who destroyed the package.

I get many, many UPS shipments in my mail box, if they are small enough to fit. UPS and Fed Ex, as mentioned above, frequently hand off packages to USPS for final delivery.

The contract for shipment is with UPS, so UPS is responsible for assured delivery, or insurance coverage.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
rylee1 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Yes the facts are straight. Surepost is a way to ship items cheaper and i believe is only offered to business. Ups or Fed ex picks the item up and ships it to receiving city and they then hand it off to USPS for final delivery. This has been offered for several years.

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The message here is that Briley Mfg ought to immediately stop using Sure Post. Yes, that might increase cost a bit but that's better than having some anti-gun idjit in the Postal Orifice destroy your shipments.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the last 10 years I have had a rifle barrel stolen by someone in the USPS system and an expensive computer battery stolen from a FedEx terminal in Kansas City. I also had some bullets stolen from a Midway USA box by someone in the USPS system. I see that Midway has gone to unmarked boxes since then. My guess is someone recognized the Briley address and wanted some chokes and only left an empty box than was eventually destroyed. The sad part is you can't buy any of this locally so you have to order it from another State.

I have gone to ordering from Sportsmans Warehouse when I can and having it delivered to the store on their truck so it never goes through the mail system. I pick it up at the store when it arrives. I wish I could do that with everything else.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The message here is that Briley Mfg ought to immediately stop using Sure Post. Yes, that might increase cost a bit but that's better than having some anti-gun idjit in the Postal Orifice destroy your shipments.

FedEx/UPS hand off to USPS for final mile delivery might not be the choice of the consumer or Briley. Areas with low density - happens automatically. Amazon does this to get coverage as well. Just because Briley pulls that off their site - doesn't mean USPS doesn't do delivery to your place necessarily. Rural areas especially will be handed off often.

Me

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If firearms are involved I will not ship much these days. A couple of weeks ago I drove 3 hours to Houston to drop of a single action revolver to have a set of grips made. I have a SxS shotgun that I want the chokes opened up on. I will drop it off at Briley when I pick up my revolver and head back when the work is completed. I am rural and I believe most of my Midway orders arrive via Sure Post without issue.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since our postal demographic makeup has flip flopped I can't depend on the USPS to do anything right. A clusterf*uck would be the correct description.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My wife orders sewing and quilting material and supplies via the internet. If nothing else smart/sure post slows it way down.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No its USPS.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
why was USPS "unable to deliver" the package?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JRaw
yes i noticed it takes a day longer to get it delivered if ups or fed ex hands it over to USPS .compared to when they deliver it themselves

NRA Life Member
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DUKFVR
USPS service is beyond horrible. I won't send anything by them unless I have too. To top it off postage is going up again in a few months. 3 cents more for a stamp.

I've never had an issue sending items with USPS. Generally flat rate priority with tracking. The costs are getting ridiculous though!!! That sure post is a headache though, and I hate it when people send me stuff that way. None of them are perfect. UPS has it's fair share of problems as well. The tidbit about USPS sending that package to a disposal site is concerning though!!! That sounds like a load of bullschidt.. Also wondering why it could not be delivered?? Generally if a package is too big, or they can't deliver it, they put a card in your mail box, saying to pick it up at your local post office..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Shaw is returning a barreled action to me today, via USPS.

It will not fit in the mail box, so I expect a card will be left. Then I will run down to the Post Office for my package. I might get pleasantly surprised, and the carrier bring it to the door. It has happened before.

Either way, I have no reason to expect issues.

Heck, a couple weeks ago New Egg shipped some computer components to an out of date address I had used years ago. I let the local post master know. He intercepted the package a few days later and had it redirected to my current address.

Now that is service above and beyond. I told him so too.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's probably where they open packages to see if it's worth stealing.
A couple years ago, my wife send a birthday card to a grandson with some cash in it. It arrived there neatly cut open and retaped, without the cash. It was a dark colored envelope and the cash was folded inside the card so there's no way it would be seen without opening it.

The exact same thing happened when my mom in NY State mailed a card to my son here in Texas, except they didn’t bother to tape it 😡

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DUKFVR
USPS service is beyond horrible. I won't send anything by them unless I have too. To top it off postage is going up again in a few months. 3 cents more for a stamp.
That .03 will probably cost me an extra $.50 cents by the end of the year. May even have some of that$.50 left over.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why would one choose a method that uses 2 carriers instead of 1??

I can see why so much issue.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JRaw
Usually because address is wrong or unreadable.

Could have been misaddressed , damaged in handling, water damage etc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 21, 57 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,939
Posts18,498,888
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.