Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bitchy and Crabby,

You are welcome to DREAM aloud and wax eloquent on your very WELL founded Insecurities,despite it being your only "move"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY fhuqking "tender". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You Crying Karen Melting Snowflakes are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I sharpen by hand with a file.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I sharpen by hand with a file.
I tried that and wasn't very successful. These are the only tools I use to sharpen mine. They seem to work pretty good and I see no reason to change up what I'm doing. kwg

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stihl 2 in 1 knockoff off ebay.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Quando omni flunkus moritati
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I cannot wait for you to come to someplace where someone can teach you some manners - or at least to keep your big mouth shut.

You cant teach him any manners and he cant keep his big mouth shut . That is why he needs to go into the woods and work , till he couldn't log anymore . Apparently he goes up to the north slope to work in the tundra. Not sure if any is true however. People like him end up where people dont have to tolerate him cause no one will work with people like that.. I knew an a hole in the union was like that. The CEO's kid. Jack ass and dumb as hell so out to the concrete jobs to forever be a mud carpenter . His own dad had to fire him cause no one would work with him. Came back a year later a little better but still a fool .

Last edited by ihookem; 04/22/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Does he know how to set up a grinder……….

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ufhuqkingdumb,

That which is simply INCREDIBLE to you,is simply called "Saturday morning" here...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep extolling your HILARIOUS Brokedick Insecurities,as your Whine sure is fhuqking soothin',you Amazingly Inept Clueless Fhuqk. Hint.

Today is Rifle Day,as I open Mail and dabble new wares. Then everyone shows up for the PPV Card tonight. Hint.

Will have to go shoot some come ups too. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The harbor freight chain sharpener works very well once you get it properly adjusted. I'm very careful to set the angle and grind the teeth to the same width. As with grinding any hardened steel, you have to be careful not to heat it up or it'll lose its hardness. It's a good idea to put a drop of 3 in 1 oil on top of each tooth before hitting it with the grinder. It helps keep it cool and it prevents the grinding wheel from loading up.

Go easy. It doesn't take much to put a fresh edge on a chain.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Perhaps bigstick reffering to me when he says uphuckingdumb, but maybe someone else. If he is reffering to me , it is just another lame name . We are talking about sharpening chain loops. We dont care about your latest purchase , or a pic of a stupid gun barrel. There was a time when Stick was a good guy on here about 20 yrs. ago. However, just so everyone knows, something happened in his life that made him wacky. His son died, or his wife left him. It is something like that . I'm not trying to be snide to him neither. Many just cant handle the loss of a wife or son. I'm not sure how I would take it neither. So take it easy on Stick. He has mental issues that he cant control. Again, it is like arguing with a person that just is not all there. I work with someone every day that just starts yelling and name calling. He is partly retarded so I just consider the source when he calls me names. Can't count it against someone that is partly mental retarded. Just saying.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ufhuqkingdumb,

Keep your Magnificent Vagina Monologue going,as you unleash your Estrogen Fueled Hissy Fit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my cutting more wood in a single fhuqking day,than you will in your "life". Hint.

You Window Licking CLUELESS Fhuqks are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
I cannot wait for you to come to someplace where someone can teach you some manners - or at least to keep your big mouth shut.

He's TRIED being on several other forums. Got his ass handed to him, got called out for being a troll and a fraud, and got permanently booted years ago. Some here excel in asskissing and fantasizing that there is one hint of credibility there. All the others here IGNORE him, and that pisses his tiny narcissistic self off to no end. LOL LAFFIN.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

There's no need for you to quantify that besides being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" to start a Thread,should your Kchunt ever leave the couch. Hint.

Winny will be Skookum at .685" now at 21". Hint.

You be sure to keep "living" vicariously,as you concoct your Delusional Ramblings. Do not "forget" that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

You Brokedick Whining,Crying,Lying and Trying Melting Snowflakes are a fhuqking hoot! Hint.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
But Stick, you were not like this 20 yrs. ago. I really am asking, you lost a child or your wife walked out on you, or a big stick came down on your head. You can hide behind your swearing but you know, and I know something happened in your life that made you so angry. We are here for ya stick so come clean with us, ok. You cut lots of trees, but still have yet to tell us how you sharpen a chain. Tell us Stick ! Tell us Stick! Tell us Stick, what happened that you need to spend all kinds of money of guns and show us all your pictures. Come on Stick, what happened?

Last edited by ihookem; 04/22/23.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ihookem
But Stick, you were not like this 20 yrs. ago. I really am asking, you lost a child or your wife walked out on you, or a big stick came down on your head. You can hide behind your swearing but you know, and I know something happened in your life that made you so angry. We are here for ya stick so come clean with us, ok. You cut lots of trees, but still have yet to tell us how you sharpen a chain. Tell us Stick ! Tell us Stick! Tell us Stick, what happened that you need to spend all kinds of money of guns and show us all your pictures. Come on Stick, what happened?

Dude needs a hug.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen Whines,sure are soothin' in stereo...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Coming along nicely. Hint.

You Crying Kchunts,couldn't even start my saw. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Big trees, big karma. Just sayin.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Coming along nicely.

I have to ask, what will it be when it's done?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

Ain't it funnier than fhuqk,that I do more than plenty for both of us...you "lucky" Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Magnificently Lying Piece Of Fhugking Schit. Hint.

At least you can "afford" to "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking Winchesters. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I appreciate reading other’s techniques and experiences here.

I’ve got 6 (I think) chainsaws and have the HF grinder, Granberg (12v Dremal type sharper), 3 Oregon file guides, actual Dremal grinder with chainsaw guide attachment.

Been thinking of getting a couple of the 2 in 1 do-hickies.

I’m fairly good with hand filling. I’ve learned to really pay attention to cutter length (terminology?), where some teeth are shorter than others. I gradually, over multiple sharpenings, try to get the cutters the same length.

One thing that has thrown me for a loop is when the chainsaw is not cutting straight but is curving then binding.

I waste time sharpening the chain, then eventually discover the bar groove is too shallow (i.e. the bar rails are worn down), and the bar needs to be replaced. OR the bar rails have spread apart (think of a “V” shaped groove instead of “U” shaped).

I bought one of the hand cranked rail closure tools but it wasn’t very effective. Found out I could do a pretty good job by squeezing the rails in a vise. And dressing the rail tops and deburring the groove and chain drive links.

Of course a lot of this can be prevented by making sure the chain is getting lubed and keeping the chain tight.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.