Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
I've heard folks say that it is easier to shoot wolves than it is to shoot coyotes.

Whoever told you that was either pulling your leg or has no idea of what he is talking about lol

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/25/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't wait to call one in and kill it...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I've heard folks say that it is easier to shoot wolves than it is to shoot coyotes.

Whoever told you that was either pulling your leg or has no idea of what he is talking about lol

KB

Agreed! I wish.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I’ve heard tale of collars getting stuck under interstate semi trailers. All that was left was the collar.

California needs the grizzly too, it’s on the state flag FFS.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Osky
People sure get enamored with Apex predators. In a Minnesota the people want a forever ban on harming wolves. These are the people who don’t live up here in wolf country and have no clue how unmanaged wolf populations can damage the ecosystem. Same folks who visit up here and maybe 1 in 5000(?) will actually see a wolf.
They all think it’s going to be like Yellowstone with happy, bounding, playing, strings of multi colored wolves loping along in front of them. Never mind what mayhem they cause other game populations.

I’ve helped here in northern MN with problem wolves and I can say from that side of things the ranchers that lose livestock never get fairly compensated in the end. I suggested long ago they just put up towers every so many square miles with speakers and every night at sundown play a few wolf howls for the visitors. It will be the closest to wild wolves the vast majority will ever get.

Good luck in California hopefully your people have more brains in managing wolves than the idiots in Minnesota.

Osky

The wolf managers in Michigan are at the top of the list of not knowing how to manage the wolves....one season 43 wolves were shot and there will be never a season again....
2 years ago I go rid of my home in the UP....got tired of Idiots running the DNR and having to protect my dogs with wolves coming right in my front yard in the middle of the day and not being allowed to anything about it.....
If it wasn't for the Mackinaw straights there would be wolves in the Lower Peninsula then maybe something would be done....have herd some stories of wolves in the Lower but 5 miles of cold water is a long ways to go.....

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
People sure get enamored with Apex predators. In a Minnesota the people want a forever ban on harming wolves. These are the people who don’t live up here in wolf country and have no clue how unmanaged wolf populations can damage the ecosystem. Same folks who visit up here and maybe 1 in 5000(?) will actually see a wolf.
They all think it’s going to be like Yellowstone with happy, bounding, playing, strings of multi colored wolves loping along in front of them. Never mind what mayhem they cause other game populations.

I’ve helped here in northern MN with problem wolves and I can say from that side of things the ranchers that lose livestock never get fairly compensated in the end. I suggested long ago they just put up towers every so many square miles with speakers and every night at sundown play a few wolf howls for the visitors. It will be the closest to wild wolves the vast majority will ever get.

Good luck in California hopefully your people have more brains in managing wolves than the idiots in Minnesota.

Osky

The wolf managers in Michigan are at the top of the list of not knowing how to manage the wolves....one season 43 wolves were shot and there will be never a season again....
2 years ago I go rid of my home in the UP....got tired of Idiots running the DNR and having to protect my dogs with wolves coming right in my front yard in the middle of the day and not being allowed to anything about it.....
If it wasn't for the Mackinaw straights there would be wolves in the Lower Peninsula then maybe something would be done....have herd some stories of wolves in the Lower but 5 miles of cold water is a long ways to go.....

Wolves have killed a ton of livestock and dogs in northern MN. Some on leads on the homeowners porches. Those reportings disappear faster than the laptop stories in the mainstream media.
I hope that band of water you speak of doesn’t freeze over, the wolves will
take advantage quickly if it does.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess, the ding-bats are just sharing their will on us.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Higginez
Why would a rancher post those pics publicly?

Really!!! Talk about making “somebody else’s trouble” your own. The better idea would be to quietly set up with a squaller and bring those coyotes back. A short story: Was in the Boston area a number of times when I was employed by a company headquartered nearby. One weekend a company rep took 3 of us socially deprived that had never seen Boston on tour. Pedestrians in that ant hill of a metropolis would repeatedly start into crosswalks with traffic coming; US. Thought we would or had hit some for sure but they stopped just in time. Driver never flinched.

Her comment, “If you don’t look at them they don’t exist”. Apparently peds there were bipedal Pavlov’s dogs. No eye contact get back on the curb. Eye contact walk. Same here. If those coyotes aren’t recognized they don’t exist. Now, so much for that. They officially exist. Dumb.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm actually kind of surprised there hasn't been much talk of reintroducing the noble savage back into his native homeland. Maybe give it a couple more years.

I feel for all those western ranchers having to pay reparations in blood for the "sins" of their predecessors.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
People watch a National Geographic Documentary and become card carrying ecologists.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Farming
Originally Posted by Morewood
Looks like lower elevation. A clue on whereabouts?
Tehama foothills. Lower elevation. No doubt traveled through higher country to get there.
Thought I recognized that area with the high transmission power lines. Those wolves are following the Lassen deer herd that migrates annually down to the lower elevations of the Paynes Creek area and the Tehama wildlife refuge. Once had a rancher up in the Mt. Lassen area ask me to kill any wolf I see as they were eating his cattle. Way to go California. Destroy the deer herds (and cattle) for environmentalists to feed the wolves.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

KB

WTF wolves are dang smart period ! i live in Northern Minnesota our state has always have had wolves ,for over 100 years here in Minnesota they were trapped ,shot and poisoned all year long for those many years and we never got rid of wolves. now days here in Minnesota these liberal city idiots passed laws to protect wolves so now we got over 3,000 wolves in the northern area in Minnesota with no wolf season only wolf protection.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Farming
Looks like lower elevation. A clue on whereabouts?
Tehama foothills. Lower elevation. No doubt traveled through higher country to get there.
Thought I recognized that area with the high transmission power lines. Those wolves are following the Lassen deer herd that migrates annually down to the lower elevations of the Paynes Creek area and the Tehama wildlife refuge. Once had a rancher up in the Mt. Lassen area ask me to kill any wolf I see as they were eating his cattle. Way to go California. Destroy the deer herds (and cattle) for environmentalists to feed the wolves.

It isn’t really a California issue is it? They reintroduced them in Yellowstone and they’ve expanded territory just like we thought. Feds wanna tag and collar em all so the black helicopters can keep track of em on private land.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
It isn’t really a California issue is it?
Well, I'm pretty sure that if I get caught harming a protected California wolf the California Fish and Wildlife officers will throw me in a California jail and charge me with killing a California protected species.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I cannot see any reason to have wolves in California. Maybe there is a need I’m unaware of?
If not good luck to you rural folks out there, there is a price for you and sportsman to pay in having them around or at least there will be.

Osky

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pete53

KB

WTF wolves are dang smart period ! i live in Northern Minnesota our state has always have had wolves ,for over 100 years here in Minnesota they were trapped ,shot and poisoned all year long for those many years and we never got rid of wolves. now days here in Minnesota these liberal city idiots passed laws to protect wolves so now we got over 3,000 wolves in the northern area in Minnesota with no wolf season only wolf protection.

I live south of Highway 10 and we are getting more and more sightings around here. I suppose when they eat everything up north, there will eventually be more and more down this way.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most liberal types don’t go hunting, they also don’t want you to hunt or own guns. They are perfectly happy with wolves reducing deer & elk numbers.

In many states any meaningful wolf season has been blocked with hand picked judges. I don’t even care about a legal season anymore.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Years ago I hunted elk in Oregon and came across few wolf carcasses, asked about it and one of the locals told me the ranchers and local hunters have an agreement to shoot them on site and keep their mouth shut, so the same will happen in CA.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Osky

Coyotewhacker, Howdy.
The game & fish people are controlled from the top-down. Your words; ''they don't know what they're doing" ?? They know exactly what they're doing ! !
Although a game warden might not agree, 99% of them are not going to give up their job/benefits/pension over the wolf lies. They'll put in their time and retire with a pension from your tax dollars.

I moved to Idaho in the Spring of 2007, went hunting/scouting/camping every weekend, Owyhee Desert, up north of Weiser, etc... I'd see wolf/ML/bear sign and mention it to most people around there and they'd say; OH NO there's no wolves down here in the Valley, they're up in the mountains.
One friend I went predator calling with said there were no wolves in SW Idaho!!! ??? When I sent him a link of a wolf killed south of his home in Pendleton, Oregon and another east of him he decided I might be paying attention. Both wolves from the ''boise pack''.

Two teen girls talking at the end of the reloading supplies aisle , Cabelas , one telling the other that they were watching a wolf pack play in their backyard that morning. She said she called some boy she knew and he informed her that those were coyotes, wolves are only up in the mountains. I eased into the conversation agreeing with her that people can't seem to believe that there are wolves everywhere. She said yeah - they act like you're stupid and don't know a wolf from a coyote. She said she had seen a million coyotes they walk around in her neighborhood.
I saw a red wolf in SW Arkansas many years ago ,, and a mostly black wolf 17miles north of panama city beach, florida !!! < Fact.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
[quote=Morewood
Well, I'm pretty sure that if I get caught harming a protected California wolf the California Fish and Wildlife officers will throw me in a California jail and charge me with killing a California protected species.[/quote]

Yeah, and they'll confiscate your guns/gear, revoke your hunting privileges, and slap you with a hefty fine. You will be a domestic terrorist.

SSS

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,454 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.