Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The deep thinkers on the fire might enjoy this. It's a short video on a declassified CIA paper exploring another guys work..

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The best explanation I’ve seen for what he is talking about is that our entire universe is a simulation. It would explain a lot about quantum physics. Simulation theory would also explain the existence of God. If you think about it, there is absolutely nothing contradictory with the Bible to consider our existence a simulation and the designer/programmer to be God. God knows what will happen because he designed the simulation. The game has rules and the parameters are set in certain ways. Those are the rules of nature. From time to time, the game designer might directly intervene and or change something up. Those are miracles. The rules don’t apply to the game designer because he designed the whole thing and exists outside the game and can do anything he wants to the game. Thus, he is God. Characters in the game don’t realize they are part of a simulation.

Even things that hang so many people up could be explained the earth/game could be a billion years old, six thousand years old, or five minutes old. As a character in the game you wouldn’t know the difference. The game could be instantly created with an entire backstory and a fully created world snd you wouldn’t know.

Watch this little video from the Why Files and pay attention to the electron slit experiments he describes at the end as evidence for a simulation. It’s fascinating stuff.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Is that what the clockwork elves told them on their DMT trip? We have junkies who are possessed by demonic entities running our country.

They trip out on dmt, lsd, whatever, and believe they transcend to different dimensions and interact with "entities"...

I would guess most tech execs micro dose all day/every day.

We are not in Kansas anymore

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 04/26/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm only half way through that podcast. Danny has some great guests. Kind of a Rogan spin off with an Art Bell twist. This particular subject is a mind bender. Thanks for the Why Files link, JB.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cogito ergo sum. So, at least I'm real. Everyone else may or may not be a simulation.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Cogito ergo sum. So, at least I'm real. Everyone else may or may not be a simulation.
We can be real and be in a "simulation".

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BS, MS, PHD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If the world is a simulation, nothing is known about the simulator. It could be a school project in 'the Real Universe.'

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
If the world is a simulation, nothing is known about the simulator. It could be a school project in 'the Real Universe.'

That’s one way of looking at it but even if it’s so, the game designer is God as far as you are concerned.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
BS, MS, PHD

Could've stopped with the undergraduate degree.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The best explanation I’ve seen for what he is talking about is that our entire universe is a simulation.

Given the weird [bleep] that's been going on the past few years, it's not hard to think that someone has been twirling the knobs on the simulation.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BS, MS, PHD, ThD

You missed a big one.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Dark Star. Comedy movie.

Bomb is run by an AI. It's hung up and won't release.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You have to understand how Science, Marketing, and wanta-bee’s work.. plus maybe a bit of how tinfoil hat paranoia is somewhat normal.

Advancing in Science is based on taking what you know and making a guess, then trying to verify it through testing to prove you are right…
Which simply means at least 20% of what is being talked about is pure BS, and will always remain that way.
The reality is 99% the guesses are bullshit but we intermingle the guess with what we know .. so it can be somewhat defended.

Market - Nothing new here … status and value comes with demand… someone has to create it.

Wantsbee’s -
Everyone grows up with some “lens” of how they see the world, some think it’s their job to “inform” …
The reality is - you pick a role you feel safe in based on what your experiences where when you were a kid and didn’t have any control.. which is the definition of being safe (this is where people think I should. Be)… So.. the “informer” is a born role… the “ I must be kind” .. again…
Unless you are strong enough to understand how this is developed you are doomed to it…

Paranoia - is why rumors get pushed around… some level is completely natural.

And with that - You have

A) A want to be hero scientist
B) A informer spreading the information.

And every once some common sense people say… Good God.. BS.. vs. waiting for the thing to die it’s natural death.

I had guys on my team that would send the executives information that a sun eruption this month would destroy parts of a hemisphere..
Most exec’s got people are like this, but every once and a while the story would sound pretty good and they would call to ask if it’s real…

Um.. NOPE..

Mutliverse - BS…
Entanglement - 15% off the truth
Quantum Tunneling - OMG …

Keep in mind mankind still doesn’t understand simple things like - what makes negative and positive poles in an atom .. (electron vs. pos)…
And we can’t measure gravity fields without a mass….

But we can tell you guess and come up with BS like - everything is fake and a hologram because I don’t know what it is…
Good God you can’t make this stuff up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
BS, MS, PHD, ThD

You missed a big one.
Bull [bleep], More [bleep], Piled Higher & Deeper, ????

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
BS, MS, PHD, ThD

You missed a big one.
Thinking Higher and Deeper? Maybe?

Carpe' Scrotum
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Billy Shakespeare, Earl of Oxford, or whomever had all this figgered out with Prospero’s prophetic lines from "The Tempest".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tyrone
BS, MS, PHD, ThD

You missed a big one.

Yes indeed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The best explanation I’ve seen for what he is talking about is that our entire universe is a simulation. It would explain a lot about quantum physics. Simulation theory would also explain the existence of God. If you think about it, there is absolutely nothing contradictory with the Bible to consider our existence a simulation and the designer/programmer to be God. God knows what will happen because he designed the simulation. The game has rules and the parameters are set in certain ways. Those are the rules of nature. From time to time, the game designer might directly intervene and or change something up. Those are miracles. The rules don’t apply to the game designer because he designed the whole thing and exists outside the game and can do anything he wants to the game. Thus, he is God. Characters in the game don’t realize they are part of a simulation.

Even things that hang so many people up could be explained the earth/game could be a billion years old, six thousand years old, or five minutes old. As a character in the game you wouldn’t know the difference. The game could be instantly created with an entire backstory and a fully created world snd you wouldn’t know.

Watch this little video from the Why Files and pay attention to the electron slit experiments he describes at the end as evidence for a simulation. It’s fascinating stuff.

The electron slit experiments are mind boggling.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

That’s one way of looking at it but even if it’s so, the game designer is God as far as you are concerned.

A word that explains nothing about the nature of the thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

428 members (06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 160user, 1Longbow, 163bc, 1lesfox, 40 invisible), 2,719 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,655
Posts18,533,871
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.