Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Originally Posted by tjm10025
[quote=Stammster] Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is worth repeating. When you step off the sidewalk, the car that runs you over will be coming from the RIGHT, not the left.
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Stammster
Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is the truth. I found out my first time in Australia. It’s something that sticks with you…. After you clean your shorts

That’s more of an issue than people realize! I remember when my younger sister (5yrs younger) was in first or second grade and her teacher was excited for her upcoming month long trip to Australia. In her first week there her teacher stepped off the sidewalk after looking (the wrong way) and right into the path of a moving vehicle. She was killed! I was a child but I remember feeling really sad because that teacher was a younger lady that was a great teacher. She was kind, patient and no BS….the type of teacher that used to be common and of immeasurable value to the students. I’ll never forget that simple, innocent mistake that took the life of a young and well liked teacher.

Enjoy England….I always enjoyed my time there but I imagine it ain’t the same place that it was only 25 years prior….

I did NOT find England to be a culinary destination in the slightest but as mentioned the fish and chips are great as is the curry, kebabs and other late night “food” that is necessary to digest the gallons of ale and stout…lager too. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Went there back in 92 as part of our honeymoon.
I really enjoyed Westminster Abbey.
I'm sure things are different now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent 2 nights in England and did the tourist bus thing. I spent 8 days in Scotland and I enjoyed that immensely. I would go back to Scotland but I'm going to avoid England if possible.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Anyone ever been to England? My daughter got a job over in England. She graduated college last December. I’m going with her to get her settled in. I’m nervous about going because I don’t handle stupidity very well and I don’t mind speaking up when I encounter stupidity. My daughter is already telling me to let her handle things there because she knows how I am. Is there anything y’all can tell me that might help me over there?

Lived and worked there for 13 months until I transferred to Deutschland- best move I ever made.

England has good Indian food and good fish and chips. Enjoy your time there, it's not many Americans that travel overseas.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
M
M
Have a pint or two in the Mucky Duck. Good food, good selection of ales and great location on the river.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When you're in a pub ask other patrons if they have seen "Austin Powers" or "Snatch"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Well we made it. So far so good. Most people have been helpful and nice. There have been a couple of people who wouldn’t even talk to me when I spoke to them. Then my daughter told me that they probably don’t understand what I’m saying. Even though they speak English, I can’t always understand what they’re saying. I brought a bunch of quarters from home to give to kids. The kids I gave them to smiled a lot. I included a picture of Shakespeare’s birthplace.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

free image upload

Good to see you made the journey and you're both still smiling.
Enjoy your stay!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sorry I'm late with this, but call your cell phone provider and have them switch to a plan that includes overseas calls.

DON'T SMILE at the women as you are walking the street, they will assume you are hitting on them.

There are more flavors of potato chips ("crisps") in the grocery stores than you have ever seen!

Get a bus pass - you can go almost anywhere without the driving hassle, and it's cheap.

I've only ever had the fish & chips in Cardiff, Wales, but it was the best fried fish I've ever had! Try it!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
learn metric system , a quarter pounder is called Hamburger Royal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your daughter looks like she is ready to "keep dad in line" :cool" Have a great trip and post more pictures.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Go to the British Museum and see the Rosetta Stone! While there see the magnificent Elgin Marbles.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Go to the British Museum and see the Rosetta Stone!

He already knows how to speak English.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have a good trip and post more pics!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by czech1022
Sorry I'm late with this, but call your cell phone provider and have them switch to a plan that includes overseas calls.

DON'T SMILE at the women as you are walking the street, they will assume you are hitting on them.

There are more flavors of potato chips ("crisps") in the grocery stores than you have ever seen!

Get a bus pass - you can go almost anywhere without the driving hassle, and it's cheap.

I've only ever had the fish & chips in Cardiff, Wales, but it was the best fried fish I've ever had! Try it!

Most towns/villages have their own fish shops, I've eaten in probably in a half dozen of them. Never had a bad meal, big slabs of north sea cod. Nothing like the little fish strips you get at long john silvers...

Hopefully he doesn't get into a 9 pints of bitter challenge. 🤣

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Go to the British Museum and see the Rosetta Stone!

He already knows how to speak English.

Lololol

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
don't use deodorant and shower once a month , do all your dental work before you go. canned tomato is called soup.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Did you at least TRY to talk her out of moving there? Settle her in and go to Scotland. The Scott's I have known are more sensible!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

390 members (17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 3,329 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,576
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.