-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
53, no idea if I had chicken pox. Mom says yes, but her memory isn't great.

Wife is 48 and she definitely had them, has a couple scars.

I've been thinking about the Vax, but haven't been hosed, not even fingered.
Docs goof with me enough, hate to give them ammo.

Probably need to submit to all the old man indignities.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Lost alot of faith in our medical system after the covid bullchit
Many did. For good reason.

Didn’t you just post about a bout with pneumonia? How’d they do with that?
I trust my own doctor for the most part and thats about as far as i go these days. My script was tried and true drugs that have been around for decades. Im good with that.

Last edited by gunchamp; 04/30/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My doc advised me to stay clear of the poison fauci ouchie so hes ok in my book

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have no idea what that tattoo means let alone how it has anything to do with shingles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

I don't take flu vaccines. Every summer they have to predict what flu will be around in January, and they make 50 million doses. I remember one year they predicted swine flu, but the flu turned out to be avian flu, so the flu shot was no good. Plus there can be side effects to any shot. I haven't had a flu shot in 15 years, I don't trust 'em.

On the other hand, when I was a kid, Dr. Salk came up with a polio vaccine, a few drops of pink liquid on a sugar cube. That vaccine was fantastic and saved many thousands from the horrors of polio.

Of course the Corona vaccine is very shaky and probably causes more harm than good.

I have researched shingles quite a bit, it is very effective with few side effects and I got those two shots without hesitation.
Just read the first-person accounts on this thread! Do you want to go blind?
Im considering but have been doing research. The current shingles vax seems as safe as a vax can be. Problem is they are working on an mrna version and do any of you trust in what we would be told about which vax youre actually getting?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
53, no idea if I had chicken pox. Mom says yes, but her memory isn't great.

Wife is 48 and she definitely had them, has a couple scars.

I've been thinking about the Vax, but haven't been hosed, not even fingered.
Docs goof with me enough, hate to give them ammo.

Probably need to submit to all the old man indignities.
At your age its almost for sure you had them. I had them as well and im a little younger than you. We dealt with them the old fahsioned way by catching it and letting your immune system deal with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We were pleasantly surprised when Tri-Care covered them!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't take flu vaccines. Every summer they have to predict what flu will be around in January, and they make 50 million doses. I remember one year they predicted swine flu, but the flu turned out to be avian flu, so the flu shot was no good. Plus there can be side effects to any shot. I haven't had a flu shot in 15 years, I don't trust 'em.

On the other hand, when I was a kid, Dr. Salk came up with a polio vaccine, a few drops of pink liquid on a sugar cube. That vaccine was fantastic and saved many thousands from the horrors of polio.

Of course the Corona vaccine is very shaky and probably causes more harm than good.

I have researched shingles quite a bit, it is very effective with few side effects and I got those two shots without hesitation.

Im considering but have been doing research. The current shingles vax seems as safe as a vax can be. Problem is they are working on an mrna version and do any of you trust in what we would be told about which vax youre actually getting?

Unfortunately there is nobody to trust anymore, with the rate we are all being lied to by everyone, it's each man and woman for themselves. If you know what mean.

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/30/23.

KB

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have wondered about the shingles Vax. I had shingles about 10-11 years ago about age 35. I am 46 now. I haven't had any of the jabs and will not take a flu Vax either. If you have already had shingles is there any point in taking the Shingles vaccine? I couldn't take it soon anyway, am laid up now just had neck surgery and complications from it have my right arm numb and about useless. Doctor says it's healing good just gonna be slow. I had planned to be doing a bunch of reloading during this but it's not working out that way.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jeep9776
I have wondered about the shingles Vax. I had shingles about 10-11 years ago about age 35. I am 46 now. I haven't had any of the jabs and will not take a flu Vax either. If you have already had shingles is there any point in taking the Shingles vaccine? I couldn't take it soon anyway, am laid up now just had neck surgery and complications from it have my right arm numb and about useless. Doctor says it's healing good just gonna be slow. I had planned to be doing a bunch of reloading during this but it's not working out that way.

Yes definitely a good idea in my opinion to get the Shingrix shots even if you had the Shingles once before. It isn't like Chicken Pox in regards that once you get it you are done. Shingles can come back again with a vengeance.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Not necessary to have actually had chickenpox to get shingles, one can also get shingles if exposed to the VCV (varicella-zoster virus) that causes chickenpox.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by saddlesore
A lot of the Medicare Advantage Plans pay for both shots this yea. I have Humana and they did.

I have Medicare and it paid for both my shots. I think its new to Medicare this year. My buddy had a mild case and was miserable. I got my butt to Walmart and got the shot.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I had shingles about 20 years ago on my side but haven’t had them since. I’m 70 now and my doctor said I needed to get the shot but I’m not sure if I trust it. A friend a little older than me took the shot and he got shingles in one of his eyes soon after.
He lost that eye. Coincidence?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Unfortunately there is nobody to trust anymore, with the rate we are all being lied to by everyone, it's each man and woman for themselves. If you know what mean.
For sure

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had chickenpox and did get the vaccine. Also the pneumonia vaccine. My wife is 61 and has never had chickenpox.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Mine were on the left side of my head, forehead and went into my left eye. The eye doc said she could see where the virus entered the eye and where it stopped once the medication took hold.

Glad I didn't wait any longer to go in. I had no idea what it was until the doc took one look at it.

As I mentioned earlier, this was 2 years and 2 months ago and occasionally I still get the feeling of millions of little bugs crawling under the skin on the left side of my forehead and especially under the eyebrow. It seems to act up when I get stressed about something.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
I have no idea what that tattoo means let alone how it has anything to do with shingles.

Picture all those tree roots as "nerve endings" under your skin and they're moving all over the place.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
The doc sent me home with hydrocortisone cream to try and relieve the itching and burning.

It didn't even touch it.

I found this stuff online and it works.

If you get shingles or know someone who does, order this stuff ASAP.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KillerBee

I hear what you guys are saying. I quit taking the flu shot because I no longer trust our govt. and medical system NOT to put their poison in other vaxes.

I practically ran to get the Shingrix shots as soon as I could, after the shingles cleared up. This was over 2 years ago though. Today, I would definitely be avoiding anything MRNA if I knew about it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Good friend of mine got popped with shingles in his late 30s, his was stress induced. Girl knocked on his door and said she was pregnant. By the end of the week he had them all down his back and up his neck. Looked rough as heck, hate to know how it felt.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 300_savage, 35, 375sunrise, 15 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,651
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.