Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bamagun01
A friend of mine is a regional salesman for A/B (Budweiser). He said this past month they were down approximately 20% in expected sales. Bud light was 67% of that 20% down in sales. That’s BIG!
You think it is going to matter? Busch light prices are down 20% on sale, here come back the numbers. AB will make money

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
"Brand Awareness" and shelf life shortcuts then employee issues like this killed the Jos. Schlitz Brewing Co. at the dawn of the 1980's. Once THE preeminent domestic beer.

"Tranny Fluid" sure seems worse to the average beer drinker than "[bleep]".

FWIW, sometime in the late 1960's after the grandkid took over the brewery, Schlitz's head brewmeister went to AB.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I don’t believe it.

Bud and BL have a 110 day shelf life. How long has this crap been going on?

P
Really, WTF is wrong with you?

All kinds of stuff, but I can count to 110.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was driving the big rig five years ago I spent most of my time in Texas. On the east side of Houston is a huge Budweiser brewery, right on I 10. I got sent in there six times. Each time, I was loaded up with 44,000 pounds of Bud Light . I took it down to Laredo and left the trailer at our terminal there. A Mexican driver would cross the river and take the beer down in to Mexico.

Mexicans love Bud Light. And that brewery is so huge. I had to wait in a line of 8 or 10 trucks and there were 2 lines, waiting to leave at the gates. I saw 44,000 pounds of beer roll out of that brewery about every 2 minutes. Unbelievable how much beer they make there in a day.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Companies don't have a right to survive. They survive if they keep their customer base happy, and that's all. They screwed up by disregarding the happiness of their customer base, in fact intentionally slapping them in the face.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The whole thing was a stupid and arrogant move. Beer companies don't need to work on being inclusive. Anyone can buy any brand of beer they care to.
Nobody is standing at the store or the bar and telling trans folks they cant buy a Bud Light. Its another example of an executive putting their woke agenda before the well being of her brand and everyone trying to make a living associated with it. No regard for those with a stake in the brand.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What's going to happen when all this raw alcohol hits these wastewater treatment plants? We're going to see this at medium size plants all over the country. Are they going to be able to neutralize the alcohol or are we going to see a huge fish die-offs?

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
What's going to happen when all this raw alcohol hits these wastewater treatment plants? We're going to see this at medium size plants all over the country. Are they going to be able to neutralize the alcohol or are we going to see a huge fish die-offs?

I'd rather they dump pot in the water. Give them fish the munchies!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the update SupFoo,

Personally, I thought all Budweiser beer was gay beer even before their rebranding effort, which is why I never drank that piss-poor, NASTY beer.

Boycott ALL AB beers!

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/04/23.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just me or could Heinerscheid be Mulvaney's stunt double?

Anyone ever see them in the same room?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Can someone explain to me why the stock price is $65?

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I don’t believe it.

Bud and BL have a 110 day shelf life. How long has this crap been going on?

P
That is 110 days from the time it is bottled/canned.

It comes off the line, and goes into a warehouse.

Then a truck shows up and moves it to a regional warehouse.

And then another truck shows up and moves it on out to the distributors.

Where it again sits in their warehouse until it moves on out to bars, and retailers.

Most grocery products are again warehoused by the grocery chain, until distribution to their various stores. I do not know if beer is handled in this manner, or if the distributor actually stocks the grocery shelves at Albertsons, Kroger, and Walmart.

It is pretty easy for a product to be 90 days old before it ever gets to the grocery store. I have spent my life dealing with sugar. The facility I worked for produces brown sugar for Kroger, Albertsons, Safeway, IGA, Haggens, Winco, Food Club, Monarch, etc. (not Walmart) Packaged brown sugar has a shelf life of 18 months. I look at the lot codes on the store shelves every time I go into the grocery store. Usually the product is six months old before it hits the shelf, sometimes over a year.

White Satin!

P

Yes, White Satin is our own label.

We produce maybe 1% of our retail product in the White Satin label. The vast majority of that is sold directly to the LDS Church. We used to fill a lot of containers with White Satin for shipment to the Sandbox when we had a large military presence there.

It is all the exact same formulation. We just change the roll stock on the bagging machine.

Our 25# and 50# industrial packaging is all labeled White Satin.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
AB has announced their new logo.

[Linked Image]
Too Funny!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HawkI
"Brand Awareness" and shelf life shortcuts then employee issues like this killed the Jos. Schlitz Brewing Co. at the dawn of the 1980's. Once THE preeminent domestic beer.

"Tranny Fluid" sure seems worse to the average beer drinker than "[bleep]".

FWIW, sometime in the late 1960's after the grandkid took over the brewery, Schlitz's head brewmeister went to AB.
That's interesting. I never understood what killed Schlitz, turns out history does repeat itself.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
((((((([Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]))))))

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I run off a batch of beer once in a while. The absolute lightest should be consumed within a couple weeks. Those really worth drinking improve with a year or two aging.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fugg AB. Glad to see whats happening. Hope we all stick to our guns on this and dont cave like the lazy cowards who keep claiming boycotts dont work

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
getting closer to apologizing - closer than I thought they'd ever be anyways

Anheuser-Busch CEO FINALLY disavows Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light partnership and says 'it was not a campaign' after firm sent letter to retailers blaming an outside ad agency for approving it 'without management awareness' as sales crash 26%

You think if those liberal douches still ran twitter instead of Elon Musk this would have happened? Twitter would have shut down everything said about Dylan Mulvaney

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Saying it’s not a campaign, does not change the campaign.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

284 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 38 invisible), 1,963 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,859
Posts18,497,167
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.