Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kennyd Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
DENVER (KDVR) — The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is closing the North American Indian Cultures Hall after several decades in existence.

“Despite collaboration with Indigenous representatives during its creation and ongoing efforts by curators, conservators, and others to update and improve various parts of the Hall, we acknowledge that it remains problematic. We understand that the Hall reinforces harmful stereotypes and white, dominant culture,” the museum said in an email to members.

Denver rent down 2% year over year, rent growth slowing nationally
The museum issued a “healing statement” about the decision saying, in part:

As part of that process, Museum staff and Indigenous community partners are working to respectfully close this Hall and to reimagine exhibition, curation, collecting, programming, and conservation practices with respect to Indigenous cultural histories, heritage, and belongings.

There is a QR code that visitors can find in the statement for feedback, which will remain in place after it closes and will be available on the DMNS.org website. Anyone with questions is encouraged to reach out to the museum at membersdmns.org.

Categories: Local News, News

FOX31 Denver

Makes my blood boil.

They ought to also closethe KKK exhibit at the history museum

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
We won when we played Cowboys and Indians- - now it's time to play Cowboys and Muslims, or maybe Cowboys and Q U E E R S!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who cares? It was all BS anyway. The "indigenous" tribes, First Nations, Amerindians - whatever you want to call them - weren't the first people group to inhabit the Americas after all, according to the most recent data. Very likely, they did to the first group what we did to them. And the wheels go round....

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Indians oughta be celebrating. If the "white devils" hadn't come to America, they still be living in the Stone Age... with all its "fun" times.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
We won when we played Cowboys and Indians- - now it's time to play Cowboys and Muslims, or maybe Cowboys and Q U E E R S!
Cowboys and politicians.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
“Reimagine” is a word that needs to be tossed in the dustbin of history.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kennyd
DENVER (KDVR) — The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is closing the North American Indian Cultures Hall after several decades in existence.

“Despite collaboration with Indigenous representatives during its creation and ongoing efforts by curators, conservators, and others to update and improve various parts of the Hall, we acknowledge that it remains problematic.

"Updating and improving" parts of the Hall requires actual effort. Consider who you are dealing with....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Cowboys and politicians.
Ohhh, I like that!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I wonder if the imagine world, has Buffalo Soldiers suppressing any, native peoples? 🤔🤔🤔

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cowboys and Q U E E R S gave us Brokeback Mountain, which I still have not watched and never will.

I prefer to keep the fond memories I have when I was a cowboy working and riding the range. I never saw men kissing on the range.

Hollywood is messed up!

KB

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by KillerBee

Cowboys and Q U E E R S gave us Brokeback Mountain, which I still have not watched and never will.

I prefer to keep the fond memories I have when I was a cowboy working and riding the range. I never saw men kissing on the range.

Hollywood is messed up!
Fun fact: Larry McMurtry the author of Lonesome Dove, which some consider the great Western novel co-wrote the adapted screenplay for Brokeback Mountain

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Cowboys and politicians.
Ohhh, I like that!
Cowboys and trannies!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I absolutely love ancient Indian artifacts.
I've spent my life looking for them.
It's today's liberal, racist wastes of skin that I can't stand.

Proud NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
These are artifacts of some of my peeps as they say. For chrissakes I greatly enjoy seeing them, put them in a case, behind glass, whatever who cares.
How people lived way back and managed to survive is fascinating period. Why do people have to ruin the experience with their bull….

If this is how it’s going to be leave it all in the dam ground.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It’s all about destroying culture.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainshot
It’s all about destroying culture.

Yup, change culture and you change history.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
“Reimagine” is a word that needs to be tossed in the dustbin of history.
Right along with 2 words, "Build Back Better". That was using Biden's arithmetic.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Poot_Carr

Hollywood is messed up!
Fun fact: Larry McMurtry the author of Lonesome Dove, which some consider the great Western novel co-wrote the adapted screenplay for Brokeback Mountain

If true, that's not fun at all. That's a damn shame.

Also, GFY you leftist POS.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Hollywood is messed up!
Not each other. Maybe their horse, that hadn't just killed them when it had the chance. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Got a kick out the Pioneer's Museum or whatever in Austin Tex. The perfect nuclear family only they were black and mighty white looking TV stereotypes. The leading citizens celebrated on our local City Hall walls here are all obscure blacks while none of the dairymen or lumber mill operators much less educators and true statesmen are seen. Prestigious men who once had buildings and schools and streets, even shopping centers named in honor of their leadership and service have been un-named. And forget the common soldiers whose statues were torn down. Reimagine indeed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,105
Posts18,522,468
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.