Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JimH
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Skeet loads
Exactly.

It’s coming right for us!

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We've had a somewhat similar situation at our hunting lease. One neighbor has a substantial cattle operation. Every fall, after we plant, here come the cows. This past year it basically got out of hand. We had 43 cows mowing down a single food plot.
The aging owner said he was doing his best, and his sons claimed they were dad's cows and they couldn't force the issue with him. So the state ag cops were called. They gave the owner an official notice which didn't work. Then they informed him the state would trap his cattle and transport them to the nearest sale barn to recoup the state's expenses. They brought in and set up pens with sweet feed, a few cowboys on horseback, helicopters and drones.
All this was happening as our bow season was getting started. Miraculously the cattle went home and the fences were mended. Our club was entitled to compensatory damages for the food plot damage, which we did not pursue. Our lease was just purchased by a timber and wildlife management company that takes land stewardship seriously. I doubt they will be very forgiving going forward.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
We had a similar situation with a black deputy having....

What does his race matter?

Agreed. Stupid addition to an otherwise interesting post.
In case no one has noticed, the race of the offender is of utmost importance. Take the George Floyd case and the Jordan Neely cases for instance. When you are dealing with the African based black race one must be careful to not appear overbearing. Sometimes expecting them to conform to societal standards is deemed unreasonable. Hence the need to approach legal problems with black people with extra care if you are not black.

I understand that loose running livestock is not as serious as the Floyd or Neely cases but in my case it was a black deputy flouting the law.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

If you had a cow pasture where I do you would find out that the 70 acre rural slum populated by blacks in 7 or 8 trailer shacks creates problems with loose running animals. Cows, horses, and dogs, all underfed. I suppose if they were Chinese or white acting like that it would be the same but I don't know any white people that careless that would allow pit bulls (all deceased now) to run free. The livestock I corral and return, I can't and won't catch the dogs. When they suffer sudden death I take them to the alligators.

This is a cow thread, not a list-of-things-you-don't-like-about-black-neighbors thread.

Race has nothing to do with it.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by WMR

In case no one has noticed, the race of the offender is of utmost importance. Take the George Floyd case and the Jordan Neely cases for instance.

They weren't cattle.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by WMR

In case no one has noticed, the race of the offender is of utmost importance. Take the George Floyd case and the Jordan Neely cases for instance.

They weren't cattle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Invite the neighbors over for a barbecue ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I’d try to take a neighborly approach with them at first, perhaps offering to help them mend the fence. I have a hunch that won’t work. It the same with dumbasses who let their dogs bark all day and night. If they were decent, respectful neighbors, you wouldn’t have to say anything in the first place.

Oh, and fugk an HOA and all the problems that come with them.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by WMR

They weren't cattle.
Obsolete farm equipment.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Cows typically ain’t too hard to keep in given adequate food and water. Bulls and calves can be a different story, but a couple hot strands usually cures that. Trees and storms can take out fences.
Cows getting out repeatedly is negligence. They’re like kids, they’re gonna cause a few headaches, but if you can’t care for them, don’t have them. If you can’t afford a decent fence, sell the cows and go get a better job in town.
Known a few folks that didn’t need a damn goldfish, much less a herd of cattle.

Last edited by Potsy; 05/20/23.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Pussyfied America on full display. Worry more about what your worthless neighbors think than standing up for your property rights. Sad state of affairs.
Thank you for your totally useless input. Would you want to live near a dick like you? I wouldn’t.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
How much land you got?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty darn easy to HOT WIRE your yard.

Solar charger and the small diameter rope type hot wire.

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Amazing. Folks are flustered over a guy mentioning some POS’s race. Mind your own damn business, feel however you want. And keep your trap shut unless you have something constructive to offer here. Not everyone buys into the woke “we are all the same” bs. Sounds like some do, and they are welcome to it. What they are not welcome to do is expect everyone else to think like they do, or demand others to react how they wish, to things they say. We all have different experiences, and those color our perceptions of our world, as they should. Getting all pissy about someone else’s perspective serves no purpose and solves nothing.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by earlybrd
How much land you got?
8 acres.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think I’d try to take a neighborly approach with them at first, perhaps offering to help them mend the fence. I have a hunch that won’t work. It the same with dumbasses who let their dogs bark all day and night. If they were decent, respectful neighbors, you wouldn’t have to say anything in the first place.

Oh, and fugk an HOA and all the problems that come with them.

I'd rather have a feral cow issue on rural land than deal with the dizzy smucks that find security in HOA ruled neighbor hood telling me when to mow my lawn and what kinda vehicles I can have and how and where I can park them, yeah fugk all that..

To each his own, some people are natural born cu_nts and need a HOA to hold their hand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Actually it’s two neighbors, each of whom claim the cows belong to the other. One is a sheriff deputy. They’ve been in and out of my yard for a month now.

What is the best way to handle this while keeping my ass out of court?

Greg.

I grew up in the cattle business. I have an idea of how you should actually stop this but I need to know how much acreage you have to protect.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
A niqqer neighbor thread would be cool

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,496
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.