Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
But they are on your property?

How long on your property before they become "legally" yours?

Never. Thinking so used to get people hung, and not all that long ago.

But you can present the owner with a bill for feed and damages.

A neighbor here had possession of a cow for two year before the owner tracked it down. He almost went to jail because he did not declare that a calf had been born to the cow while in his possession. That calf was also property of the legal owner of the cow.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

A neighbor here had possession of a cow for two year before the owner tracked it down. He almost went to jail because he did not declare that a calf had been born to the cow while in his possession. That calf was also property of the legal owner of the cow.
That’s fugked up

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I’m not interested in the cows, nor enriching myself in any way from this situation. I just want them out of my yard without trouble.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by JimH
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Skeet loads
Exactly.

It’s coming right for us!

P
🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are the ear tags just a number for the farmers use or are they tied to a registry? Establishing who is the problem seems like a good first step.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Find the hole in the fence and let the owner know. They typically go back in where they got out.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a neighbors horses stay on me for two years, fed them through the winters with mine. Told him several times to come get them. Ignored me , although he was a sheriff deputy . I used one of the horses quite a bit because had a nice soft trot till someone saw me riding him and told the cop. Next thing I know two cops show up asking about the horses . I told them he was welcome to them after the feed bill was paid. They said I couldn't hold them for that or I would be arrested for horse theft. I told them to to get them off my place today or drag them off tomorrow. They wanted to get all pissy but I was also armed and stayed calm and polite. He came got the horses that day . Good police work with no thanks for the feed and care, top of the line human.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Might try some of these. Pricey but I am using them on deer that keep raiding everything put out. Game Department gave me the first box.

You can get rubber buckshot or solid rubber bullets.Just l make sure you shoot them in the hind quarter.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101784099?pid=940268

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/20/23.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you gut shot them with a 22…

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JFC, if they're a problem gather them up and drive/herd them down the road. When the fugger gets sick of finding them and bringing them home from a dozen miles away, he'll learn....

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'd just send the exact same letter to each of them, with both their names listed and copy animal control. In a non-confrontational way, I'd explain that you continue to have loose cows in your yard and you assume one of them own them. Also ask that if neither of them are the owners, do they know who they might belong to? You would be happy to contact a suggested owner.

Regardless, let them know in a non-dickhead way, that the loose cows must stop and if an owner can't be found, you intend to catch them yourself and sell them.

Nobody can get mad at you for making an honest attempt to resolve the problem in a gentlemanly manner.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
I had a neighbors horses stay on me for two years, fed them through the winters with mine. Told him several times to come get them. Ignored me , although he was a sheriff deputy . I used one of the horses quite a bit because had a nice soft trot till someone saw me riding him and told the cop. Next thing I know two cops show up asking about the horses . I told them he was welcome to them after the feed bill was paid. They said I couldn't hold them for that or I would be arrested for horse theft. I told them to to get them off my place today or drag them off tomorrow. They wanted to get all pissy but I was also armed and stayed calm and polite. He came got the horses that day . Good police work with no thanks for the feed and care, top of the line human.
I would ask how it was theft if I had nothing to do with them showing up at my place.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Which "owner"??

He has said nobody wants to admit to being an owner.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Cows in my garden would result in beef rogue cow non fencing neighbor told me to shoot them after conversation

Last edited by earlybrd; 05/20/23.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Go see said neighbors state your intentions give them a few days and execute the mission fill your freezer and quit fugkin around bet it won’t happen again

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If one lives in a free range zone it's your responsibility to fence them out.

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Actually it’s two neighbors, each of whom claim the cows belong to the other. One is a sheriff deputy. They’ve been in and out of my yard for a month now.

What is the best way to handle this while keeping my ass out of court?

How about getting a dog that likes to chase cattle?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Actually it’s two neighbors, each of whom claim the cows belong to the other. One is a sheriff deputy. They’ve been in and out of my yard for a month now.

What is the best way to handle this while keeping my ass out of court?

You could also get a solar powered electric fence. You need to run some wire and hook it up. They don't like the zap.

B
BLG Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Sling shot with marbles.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
JFC, if they're a problem gather them up and drive/herd them down the road. When the fugger gets sick of finding them and bringing them home from a dozen miles away, he'll learn....

No schidt. Too many people in this thread don’t live in the real world. Probably think fuggin’ cows are a rarity outside a zoo. Go talk to BOTH neighbors, tell ‘em to keep the damn things home or you’ll take them to the sale. If the cop gives you a hard time tell him to piss up a rope. Y’all act like this is some kind of rare occurrence that needs some kind of miraculous intervention to fix.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 68 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,790
Posts18,496,085
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.