Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This horse damn near wiped out the fence.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Spooked eh?

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope, they had a flank strap on that horse and when it is tight, it will make the horse buck. What the Hell was he thinking?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A critter I will use but never trust.

1Minute
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Nope, they had a flank strap on that horse and when it is tight, it will make the horse buck. What the Hell was he thinking?

Bullfugginchit...no flank strap on that horse.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There is supposed to be a connecting strap between the front cinch and back cinch. Doesn't look like it was hooked up. The back cinch went back into the flanks. Was not a flank strap , used on bucking horses.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If I were to guess, the connector strap between the front and rear cinch either broke or it was left off letting the rear cinch slip back into the horses flank.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Correct, rear cinch was all fugged up, not a flank strap...and I agree operator error.

Almost like his buddies were pulling a crap prank...which, if they did is stupid. Good way to get banged up or dead.

Also, when people get bucked off natural instinct is to stand up right away, that horse was damn close to getting that guy full extension right in the melon.

Best thing is to lay flat until that horse is further away. I'd rather get stepped on than kicked.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/22/23.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Yeah, the back cinch didn't have one of the little straps attaching it to the cinch and it slid waaaay too far back. I would have bucked too. If it was a prank, the prankster would pay the price. I hate pranks and am not into forgiving.

I see some of you guys figured it out and type faster than I do. Good call.

Last edited by toltecgriz; 05/22/23. Reason: update

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If you play it in slo-mo, just as he was going off, you can see what I think is the strap hanging from the front cinch. It's a split second look so I could be wrong.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WildWest
There is supposed to be a connecting strap between the front cinch and back cinch. Doesn't look like it was hooked up. The back cinch went back into the flanks. Was not a flank strap , used on bucking horses.
Not connected or broke, so effectively became a flank cinch.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks like the horse wanted to give him a shot when the rider went off.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That horse bucked at the buzzer. Wonder if he paid 20 or 30k for that horse. Have ya seen what a good roping horse sells for these days.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Of course you horse’s ass, it was not designed to be a flank strap with a rear cinch, but it had the same effect you dumb son of a bitch.

That was the effect of the rear cinch, it had the same effect as the flank strap. That horse was bucking because of the rear cinch which essentially became a flank strap.

Post some more pictures of dink deer you shot…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I didn’t watch the whole video. Went back and watched it again, that horse was clinched up like a saddle Bronc. Once they caught him they loosened it up.

Thanks, Billy
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Of course you horse’s ass, it was not designed to be a flank strap with a rear cinch, but it had the same effect you dumb son of a bitch.

That was the effect of the rear cinch, it had the same effect as the flank strap. That horse was bucking because of the rear cinch which essentially became a flank strap.

You're dumber than a box of $hit...and routinely talk out of your ass. There wasn't a flank strap on that horse, and to view a dumb son of a bitch, go look in the mirror. If you want to see dink deer take a look at your own pictures, usually shot with a piece of $hit rifle...well maybe. You like to fake those pictures too, like you did with the moose you killed, posing with multiple rifles.

What a loser.

Last edited by BuzzH; 05/23/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ive seen that very same reaction a few times over the years when some top hand forgets to keep his gear in good condition,,,,

you can tell who it has happened to also,,, usually theres orange bailing twine connecting the 2 cinches together,,,,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
near the end did you see the guy walk around the back end of the hose about 2feet away? that to close and asking to get kicked .under the circumstances

NRA Life Member
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

You're dumber than a box of $hit...and routinely talk out of your ass. There wasn't a flank strap on that horse, and to view a dumb son of a bitch, go look in the mirror. If you want to see dink deer take a look at your own pictures, usually shot with a piece of $hit rifle...well maybe. You like to fake those pictures too, like you did with the moose you killed, posing with multiple rifles.

What a loser.
Buzzy is a prime example of never ending menstrual cycles πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ–•

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
since the mid 80's i have trained all my horses to accept a tight back cinch. the first time you saddle one pull that back cinch tight and he will never know any other way for the saddle to be on him.

there are lots of times a tight back cinch is handy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 160user, 1234, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,532
Posts18,491,216
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.