Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
..in our neighborhood. Bullet went through a neighbor’s window and was recovered by our local LEOs who just interviewed my wife and I about anything seen or heard. I asked to see the bullet and it appeared to be of the ubiquitous RN FMJ, 9mm diameter and of about 125 grs. Almost certainly from a 9mm pistol; though, of course possibly from a 357 Sig. Thankfully, no one was injured. My wife was on our deck and heard the shot saying “it was loud.”

Completely random? Targeted home? Who knows. The point is ours is a mostly white, very conservative area and neighborhood, though we are on a US highway between Omaha, Sioux City, IA and Minneapolis three and a half hours north.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had shots fired at my home today too. Two at red squirrels on the bird feeder and one right at first light at a woodchuck. All were definately 22 magnum and all shots were accounted for. smile I sure do love living in the country!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Scary. I live just outside of Memphis and it’s always on my mind. I need to be more diligent about having something on me to shoot back with.

Mackey

Mackey
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
A few years ago was up late on the computer and heard a couple shots. Street over from me had a house hit by gunfire. Turns out drug related and was a message.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Fight crime- - - - -shoot back!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Mackey
Scary. I live just outside of Memphis and it’s always on my mind. I need to be more diligent about having something on me to shoot back with.

Mackey

it's always good to be prepared, but the chance of seeing the car to shoot back at and getting your gun in time to shoot is pretty small. But not zero I guess.

Last edited by plumbum; 05/25/23.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It's not good if they know where you live.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A San Marcos college student was shot and killed while asleep in
his bed. A neighbor said he was "modifying" his gun about midnight.
The gun discharged into the wall and hit the victim. Charged with
criminally negligent homicide, bond set at $3000. Sentenced to 90
days in jail after pleading guilty. The family of the dead man are pissed.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
many years ago I was living in Mobile, in a mixed neighborhood that had a bar just on the edge of the neighborhood. There was always schit being stirred up because of that place.

a neighbor woke up to someone trying to jimmy open his sliding glass door. He got his gun, confronted the man, the man took off running, the neighbor in pursuit and with them running down our street, the neighbor shot at the man. Eventually they caught the man and they had met up someone at the bar and planned to break into a house after having a few too many.

My wife and I were sitting in the living room and it was obvious someone had just fired a gun near our house. I don't think the neighbor got into any trouble, but I doubt he put any thought into where that bullet would end up.

I hated living there, in the that neighborhood and in that city.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad you are OK George. I was chopping haylage 25 miles north of you yesterday...wasn't me smirk

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
The price of home security WiFi cameras have come down. I'm adding a few this year. More crime expected as the economy takes a hit.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Glad no one was hurt that’d be a disturbing situation for sure.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had 2 holes through the roof of one home. Found 2 bullets, both .243 rifle bullets. Found out later there was a guy renting a farm house nearly a mile away shooting his hunting rifle at a target stuck to a 3 or 4 inch tree. My place was directly behind his "backstop".

Owner stopped him.

Had a car with a dent in roof with a .45acp FMJ laying on the ground beside it. Parked at the same house.

Can't fix stupid. Guess you could kill it?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rio Grande City, at night makes Chitcago look like Sunday school, on the S.E. end of town most people sleep on the floor to get away from the windows, welcome to the Border. Rio7

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My "hood" has been reasonably quiet for quite a while. About the only time I've heard and shot fires is on the Fourth of July or New Years Eve at and around midnight. When we first moved here in 1979 those two days sounded like we were Hue or maybe Beirut. I could go up on the roof the next morning a find a few bullets. Fortunately none ever punched through.

We did have a very obnoxious kid that lived down the street. Dunno if he was a gangbanger or just a wannabe but he'd threaten people with a gun every now and then. One very early morning it sounded like WW3 had started. Seems like that kid P.O.ed some gangbangers and they cut loose on the house he lived in. It was over about soon as it started and the sheriff's deputies picked up over one hundred 7.63x39 shell casings. I'm thinking AK47s on full auto. The kid and his family moved out soon after.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are white. You are a target.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I live in a county that borders the Mississippi Delta. The next county over is over 80% AA. We do not shop in Greenwood
( Leflore Co) unless absolutely necessary and only on broad daylight. I carry everywhere. They’ve taking over the government, law enforcement by multiplying like rats and gerrymandering. Washington Co where I was born and raised is one of the S_ _ _holes that Trump talked of. Benny Thompson of the J6 kangaroo court fiasco is the Senator of Washington Co and several others. July 4th, Juneteenth, and New Years sound like downtown Beirut. You can see the tracers. Had a friend that owned a pawn shop and a roofing business. Hadn’t rained in a while a he decided to drive his wife’s Cadillac and ran into a spring thunderstorm. Felt a drip, drip on top his head. Looked up above his head and saw 2 bullet holes in the Caddy. Had to put duck tape on them until the body shop could get to it. Found 2 9mm bullets in the floorboard. What goes up must come back down. It kept his roofing business going. I told him it was his fault on account of him selling pistols and ammo in his pawn shop .

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I didn’t live there, but I had management responsibilities over a Memphis business. They had several large flat roof warehouses. On my first trip there I noticed a coffee cup on the managers desk that had a couple dozen fired bullets. They appeared to be handgun bullets of various calibers, some FMJ, some soft nose. The manager said “ we walk the warehouse roofs occasionally and there’s always a few bullets on them.”

NRA Patron
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Someone, unknown, fired a 32 through our house a few years back.
Went through 2 panes of glass, a sheetrock wall, then through 2 more panes of glass.
Continued through our RV Park - but luckily went down a roadway, instead of through a rig or 2.

Cops said probably random, as they'd shot into an apartment building down the street, also.
Late at night or early morning, as it never woke us.
It went where it would have missed my head by ~18" had we been up. Think I'd have known! laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Mackey

Mackey

it's always good to be prepared, but the chance of seeing the car to shoot back at and getting your gun in time to shoot is pretty small. But not zero I guess.

Thats why you support the anti2A pukes you do, right? You want to fix it so dimocraps don't have guns, right?

Or do you want to fix it so the folks can't be prepared for your Dimocrap puke buds?

No need for a reply, you would only lie.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,396 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,103
Posts18,483,170
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.