-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For a marinade for salmon for on the grill?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Not a marinade but Paul Prudhomnes Salmon Seasoning is some count.

Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy - Josey Wales
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Not a marinade, but a rub made of Lemon Pepper, Dill Weed, and softened butter. Salt to taste.

I would give proportions, but it's a matter of individual tastes and how much salmon you're going to grill.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Not a marinade, but a rub made of Lemon Pepper, Dill Weed, and softened butter. Salt to taste.

I would give proportions, but it's a matter of individual tastes and how much salmon you're going to grill.

Ed

This is very good. If you don't want to use butter, olive oil is a good substitute. Personally, I prefer the butter.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a Miso marinade that I use for salmon and halibut. Usually under a broiler but grill would work.

Couple Tbls of white miso

Couple Tbls of soy

Couple Tbls of mirin

Splash of sesame oil

Whisk well.

Put in flilets and coat both sides. Marinate for a hour or so in fridge

Pull out fillets and pat dry. Reserve the maridade.

Put under broiler. Flip after a couple of minutes. After about a minute or two on the other side brush on some of the marinade and let caramelize.

Serve.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a marinade but very good for basting salmon on the grill.

1/4 cup beer
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cube melted butter

Whisk the three together and baste the salmon every five minutes or so while on your grill. I use the indirect method because it will flare up from active burners.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Don’t have a proper ‘recipe’ worked out in terms of exact liquid and weight measurements, but I like to make a red wine vinaigrette, emulsified, with more than a ‘typical’ amount of Dijon mustard in it (which also aids in keeping it emulsified), and the addition of honey as a sweetening agent. Outside of that, the typical cast of ingredients - olive oil, red wine vinegar, shallot and/or garlic, salt, pepper, maybe a splash of lemon juice, fresh or dried herbs of your choosing. A mix of fresh thyme, dill, parsley, tarragon and chives is excellent. AKA Fines Herbes. But you use what you like. Or substitute with dried.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
Not a marinade but very good for basting salmon on the grill.

1/4 cup beer
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cube melted butter

Whisk the three together and baste the salmon every five minutes or so while on your grill. I use the indirect method because it will flare up from active burners.

This is actually one I use and love as well as Ed’s suggestion. Can’t go wrong with these two.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Don’t have a proper ‘recipe’ worked out in terms of exact liquid and weight measurements, but I like to make a red wine vinaigrette, emulsified, with more than a ‘typical’ amount of Dijon mustard in it (which also aids in keeping it emulsified), and the addition of honey as a sweetening agent. Outside of that, the typical cast of ingredients - olive oil, red wine vinegar, shallot and/or garlic, salt, pepper, maybe a splash of lemon juice, fresh or dried herbs of your choosing. A mix of fresh thyme, dill, parsley, tarragon and chives is excellent. AKA Fines Herbes. But you use what you like. Or substitute with dried.

Fine Herbes...........................OK Chef!

Actually, Harry has a very good method.

Some cheap bastids just use a bottle of Italian Dressing from the grocery store. Or, make something similar to the Chef's recipe with what's on hand at home.

if one does not have a good portion of those items Mr Harry noted.............................one probably keeps a jar of...............................

Miracle Whip

at home and has no sense of taste.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Some cheap bastids just use a bottle of Italian Dressing from the grocery store. Or, make something similar to the Chef's recipe with what's on hand at home.

if one does not have a good portion of those items Mr Harry noted.............................one probably keeps a jar of...............................

Miracle Whip

Mmmm, it ain’t quite ‘Italian dressing’…

Though my kid and myself both like our grilled steaks marinated in exactly that. And it’s Kens Italian, straight off the shelf, for that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Old bay seasoning is good and easy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My latest is lemon pepper and smoked paprika. Rub the salmon with avocado oil then lemon pepper and smoked paprika. I put the salmon on a plank then my pit boss. Excellent

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Miracle Whip

Though my kid and myself both like our grilled steaks marinated in exactly that. And it’s Kens Italian, straight off the shelf, for that.

I was just pullin' your apron stings Mr Harry.

"Fine Herbes" on the Campfire no less.

What next? Herbes de Provence? grin

Last edited by Valsdad; 05/31/23.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Miracle Whip

I was just pullin' your apron stings Mr Harry.

"Fine Herbes" on the Campfire no less.

What next? Herbes de Provence? grin

Put them in my balsamic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On a cedar plank, put butter on the salmon then salt & pepper, dill, then onions, finally top with lemon slices. Put on top rack of grille.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,468
Posts18,508,501
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.