Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Interesting article - how far are the proponents willing to go backwards on life style

https://www.westernstandard.news/op...3c456ba-0580-11ee-a77f-970f5ded675d.html

Hugh
GB1

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Article on the temperature records set in the 1930's --- it was much worse back then than present day

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07...se-than-the-present-for-extreme-weather/

Hugh
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Has anyone decided what 'Normal' temp is!?!?!?!?

If not, how do we know if we are helping or hurting?????

Last edited by Muffin; 06/09/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Climate change is a real thing; it is happening, and has happened, since the earth was formed. The only question is whether or not people have any great influence on it. The methane produced in Ottawa may certainly be contributory. GD

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by greydog
Climate change is a real thing; it is happening, and has happened, since the earth was formed. The only question is whether or not people have any great influence on it. The methane produced in Ottawa may certainly be contributory. GD

With respect, I think you miss the most critical part. Even if humans ARE significantly affecting the environment, is it sensible to bankrupt your nation on the chance that it MAY help? Does anyone really think that China, Russia and India, among others, would comply? They’d gladly standby and watch the West commit economic suicide. The resulting world situation would not be a good one.

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I don't miss it; I just don't mention it. The idea that Canada's actions will have any significant effect on climate change is ludicrous. At that, I'm assuming man's actions are contributory in any way. We have spent 100 years building infrastructure which is based on the use of fossil fuels. The levy of a carbon tax is not going to make the system run more efficiently. Even proponents are unwilling to make any real changes; not that it would have any effect anyway. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have no doubt about it, I have seen it in my life time. I grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver. I live in a suburb of Vancouver, only much farther out now. Urban growth. As kid in the'50s and '60s, summers were very important. 2 out of 3 summers, the decent weather was only a couple of weeks, last week of July and the first week of August. Cool and rainy was the norm. In spite of that we still went to the unheated pool and tried to cannonball splash the life guards bundled up in their sweats. Now we expect good to hot weather from the beginning May to the end of September. We don't always get it, but we Expect It.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The countries that are yelling the loudest about climate change are silent when it comes to any wars and their role in so called man made climate change, wars get a pass.

I have worked and lived on the land my entire life, honestly, I don't see any difference in the environment I have spent my life in.
We are being led down the garden path, its about money and control..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what melted the ice at the end of the ice age? Some people think it's the dinosaur's farting, IDK.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That happened over hundreds, if not thousands, of years, not in a single human lifetime.

The Greenland ice cores tell an interesting story.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nah, I’d rather believe it was dinosaurs farting.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WMR

With respect, I think you miss the most critical part. Even if humans ARE significantly affecting the environment, is it sensible to bankrupt your nation on the chance that it MAY help? Does anyone really think that China, Russia and India, among others, would comply? They’d gladly standby and watch the West commit economic suicide. The resulting world situation would not be a good one.

Lotta truth here.

It is happening; I’m deeply skeptical “we” (humanity) can stop or even slow it. So to your point, is it worth causing economic pain to pretend otherwise?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
The countries that are yelling the loudest about climate change are silent when it comes to any wars and their role in so called man made climate change, wars get a pass.

I have worked and lived on the land my entire life, honestly, I don't see any difference in the environment I have spent my life in.

This surprises me. I’ve only lived on the same land for about 35 years but it’s beyond question that things are changing. My observation is backed up by other folks who are “connected” to the area I live in. In fact it’s not even subtle. It’s happening.

If you aren’t seeing it yet, I guess that a good thing, but trust me, it’s coming.

On a related note my family has a property on the water on Puget Sound. Just in the last 5 years or so it’s started flooding at very high tides- coming over the sea wall. A little sea level rise might not seem like much… until it starts coming over the sea wall. smile The sea wall is at least 75 years old FWIW.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 673

This surprises me. I’ve only lived on the same land for about 35 years but it’s beyond question that things are changing. My observation is backed up by other folks who are “connected” to the area I live in. In fact it’s not even subtle. It’s happening.

If you aren’t seeing it yet, I guess that a good thing, but trust me, it’s coming.

On a related note my family has a property on the water on Puget Sound. Just in the last 5 years or so it’s started flooding at very high tides- coming over the sea wall. A little sea level rise might not seem like much… until it starts coming over the sea wall. smile The sea wall is at least 75 years old FWIW.
Been that way before man and it'll continue to change in our absence.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 673

Not sure what I am supposed to see.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Climate Change happens everyday it's called weather, the climate has evolved from the beginning of time and it will continue till the end of time, if your stupid enough to believe you or a big group of chicken little's, can change or stop the climate change your a Idiot.
From a political stand point Climate Change is a money transfer from us to them, it's a HOAX, and the Jokes on you. Gore made himself rich preaching Globle Warming, John Kerry, is trying to do the same, Greta Thornburg, has made a fortune, being a Angry Kid screaming Climate change, you would have better luck stirring the Ocean with a spoon, to create a hurricane. Rio7

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Climate change must be real. When I got up this morning it was 48 F., now it is 70 F.

Whatever shall I do??

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WMR

WMR….Great post and I believe you are spot on. Whether or not anthropomorphic climate change is a real thing or not is only 1 question in a long line of questions. If North America had ZERO emissions from human activity (impossible) the amount of change would be net ZERO. It would utterly destroy North America while doing absolutely nothing to reverse the “trend”. China, India, Russia and most of the rest of the world contribute tremendously to the overall “measurables”. Hell…they’re still dropping their drawers on the sidewalk dropping a deuce in public. Half the world doesn’t know what a toilet is and the other half is involved in deforesting huge tracts of forest and jungle for firewood and palm oil.

We could commit economic suicide in North America, ruining the future of the greatest nation in history, as a way of virtue signaling to the rest of the world that we care about the “Erf” but that’ll only mean the end of us clearing the way for the barbarians and drooling fools.

I have always believed that the “greenhouse” effect aka climate change is a real phenomenon that has been occurring for as long as the world has been spinning. I can’t believe how self-aggrandizing so many people have become thinking that WE can change the the entire arrangement of the natural world. How self important do they have to be to think that THEY can change how the world and weather patterns are, that they possess the power to stop or reverse the weather patterns that have been happening for billions of years……that destroying nations and lives now is necessary to protect lives in the future?

We all acknowledge the fact that the only constant is change and that the climate on earth has been in a constant, albeit slow, process of change. It’s been in a constant process of change before man walked the earth, before internal combustion engines and coal fired electrical plants and it continues to change today. If it isn’t mankind adding CO2 to the atmosphere it’s volcanoes or other natural phenomena.

If the climate change fanatics really truly wanted to effect REAL change they should start by taking on the foreign corporations and governments of pissant nations that are wholesale destroying vast tracts of native jungle. If a reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere is the goal then destroying the mechanisms (trees) by which the CO2 is “scrubbed” from the “air” and O2 is produced as a byproduct of “respiration” then “saving the trees” would be less disruptive to the economic stability of the world and would be a campaign I think a lot of people would support.

The climate change fanatics are NOT concerned about the climate or the environment, they’re only concerned about gaining power, money, influence and control. The climate is the disingenuous lie they hide behind but their real goals are much darker and ominous.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bill Burrs solution to climate change ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

H
HughW Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
The background on figgting climate change in the "other" non European / North American countries is a promise of wealth transfer. Have a listen to this and what India is now demanding from the developed countries.

https://twitter.com/anasalhajji/sta...pauRrsWnqAFvagP8-xYU5jjg3X5LvoHWGG-dldVY

Hugh
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 1minute, 1_deuce, 280fan, 25 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,844
Posts18,517,325
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.